Best Cell Phone?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I'm tired of this Samsung not working right. I got it cuz it's milspec (water-, crush-, impact-resistant) cuz I'm really beat up a phone on my belt. (My mother always said I was a very distructive child).

Not sure I need a smartphone. My kids have I-Phones, but they say I probably wouldn't use the features. Do I need a smartphone? I just want a QUALITY piece of equipment, smartphone or otherwise.

I have a bud who is a plumber who dropped his I-Phone with Otter Case in a septic tank with no apparent damage. He handed it to me to check out. "That's ok. I can see it."

I think I'm stuck with AT&T for at least a few more months.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

John

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I like my Otter Box. The iPhone is just OK. It's cool but not all that impressive, if you ask me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I use the smart phone for emails, credit card processing, chase photo deposit, GPS, Mikey's Board and a few other things.

Yes, I need it to operate at the level I operate.

I have the Spring Samsung Epic.....I'm really liking the motorola Photon now.....Every year I want something else....Who am I kidding...every month or so something cooler comes out.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm surprised your having problems with a Samsung. Their phones usually kick ass.
Out of all the broken phones I have seen, most have been i-phones with cracked glass screens. Everyone I know with one has smashed the sceen at least once. Otter makes nice cases, but I think the screens are always vulnerable.

I always like to put a phone in my hands before I buy one, so I would be seeking out some of the larger showrooms like the Verizon/ATT stores and get a feel each phone.

I'm an Android fan personally.

busted-iphone.jpg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Goomer said:
I'm surprised your having problems with a Samsung. Their phones usually kick ass.

busted-iphone.jpg

I have the Samsung Rugby. Built like a tank (milspec), but keys are slow or unresponsive, audio quality is very poor, and sim card is easily dislodged.

Does I-Phone (or any other) have a practical scheduling app? (More convenient than a paper Day-Planner?)

I would use the guitar tuner app, and listen to Rhapsody, and maybe use GPS occasionally. Would also be nice to have a decent camera on the phone.

But more important than a lot of features is a phone that WORKS PERFECTLY EVERYTIME.

Name
I'm Rick James
I have the Droid X and its a must have. Just get the Otter Box and your phone will last. I have dropped mine so many times with the otter box and it still works like a charm.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Just called AT&T to see about getting a new phone. I qualify for a discount on one next month. I heard a new I-Phone is due out in October and the AT&T guy said he heard that too, but doesn't know anything about it.

Don't really want to wait two months for the new I-Phone.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Around our shop there has been a proliferation of phone chargers popping up to keep employees HTCs and I-phones working over the course of a day. Eight hours tops doesn't cut it for me. Neither does having a fat battery or bulgy case.

I've had great luck with Motorola phones for taking a beating and continuing to work, so I bought a Droid X2 a month ago. The X2 solves the problem of short battery life (or extremely short battery life if you have an I-phone) and so far it has worked as promised. Battery lasts several days with moderate use, took a pretty good (unprotected) drop to the concrete yesterday with just a nick.

Josh Adler

We just switched over to sprint and got the new windows 7 phone (HTC Arrive).

So far so good and if you use ServiceMonster you can use the full program instead of just the mobile version.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
After 3 windows phones I will never have another one. Webpages don't display or navigate right. Android all the way

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
It's almost 2012 and you still don't have a smartphone? Once you get it, you'll remember what I just said. I "used" to think I didn't "need" a smartphone, but man oh man, can't believe I didn't get one when they first came out (back in the Blackberries days).

For business I use a blackberry.
For personal I use a HTC Sensation 4g - Droid.

Use the iPad 3G or the Droid for navigation/gps.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
just got a verzion rugged smart phone, can toss it on the ground and it doesn't hurt it, has gorilla glass for a screen

doesn't vibrated worth a damn though

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've killed many phones, including 2 MIL-spec Samsung Rugbys, before I got my Iphone 4 and Otterbox last year. It's the best phone I've ever had.

Whether ATT or another service works best depends entirely on the towers in your service area, and not particularly the individual phone.

S

sam miller

joeynbgky said:
After 3 windows phones I will never have another one. Webpages don't display or navigate right. Android all the way

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

I think the windows 7 phone which is fairly new and not the same as other win operating system phones my daughter has an htc on verizon and it displays perfectly!

what win 7 phone did you have? and they're coming out with an upgrade called mango with more apps like andoid.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Johnny said:
Goomer said:

busted-iphone.jpg

I have the Samsung Rugby. Built like a tank (milspec), but keys are slow or unresponsive, audio quality is very poor, and sim card is easily dislodged.

Does I-Phone (or any other) have a practical scheduling app? (More convenient than a paper Day-Planner?)I would use the guitar tuner app, and listen to Rhapsody, and maybe use GPS occasionally. Would also be nice to have a decent camera on the phone.

But more important than a lot of features is a phone that WORKS PERFECTLY EVERYTIME.

Johnny I have the Samsung Galaxy - much like the iphone. With a smartphone you can shedule your appointments on a simple calendar, like Google calendar, and access it in the field. If you have someone taking calls/booking appts in the office you can access the jobs and information at any time (or even add jobs yourself). If it's entered right it's a one touch tap to call customers' numbers or go to their address on maps direct from the calendar. TOO easy and yes, you need a smart phone :mrgreen:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
choose based on coverage/reception...

I would choose based on coverage/reception... We have att smartphone and for the last 4-6 months stupid phone drop calls in our house.

The phone can have all the cool features, but if ya can't talk with people it's pointless.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
exactly as Jim said for me. i like all the cool gadgets...gps and email...but i loathe dropped calls. Verizon is king in these parts. too bad i have my iPhone3 with AT&T Ivebeensold

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We just switched over to sprint and got the new windows 7 phone (HTC Arrive).

So far so good and if you use ServiceMonster you can use the full program instead of just the mobile version.

Microsoft employees were all given the first version of the Windows phone. Even they didn't like it and went back to whatever phones they were using before.

That changes with the new Windows phone. The Microsoft tech people I know are all excited about the new version and plan to BUY one as soon as it is available. Sure they won't pay full price, but they're planning on dropping new tech they paid full price for from other companies. I heard all about it a few days after I bought my Droid, so I have plenty of time to see how good it really is before trading.

Verizon is so slow on the draw that they probably won't have a version until I can upgrade anyway.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would venture to say that all carriers have their cool phone that compares to the others...So yes, go with the service first then the phone.

Sprint has always been good to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom