Best New Tool you bought in 2015

Name
Steve Lawrence
Honestly, I don't think I'll ever top this one. From laying in bed at night thinking away to putting it on paper and then building it. It is enjoyable to use and it's everything I wanted in a machine. So far it has not had a single flaw and I don't think there will be any. Surprisingly I've had many people take pictures of it and tell me how unique it is. They always ask where I get something like this and I get a little bit proud when I tell them I built it. My only mistake was putting a loud blower in it, I'll be changing that out to a tri-lobe in the summer sometime and I'll keep this one as a spare.

View attachment 10639
Mufflers can have a big impact on quieting your blower down. At one time I had a really loud #5 Sutorbilt in my Ballweber TM but it was made super quiet by a very large semi=truck muffler. They did rot out and had to be replaced every 4-5 years but wow that machine was quiet.

Mike Draper

I've taken decibel meter to every area. It's all in the wall of the blower. ITs a very thin walled roots. Wish I would have known better, but at least it wasn't a crucial mistake, just annoying. I have 2 really good mufflers on it right now.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
J

JS41035

Zipper. It enabled me to clean 287000 more SF of carpet this year. :razz:
But seriously Zipper. The 870 I love so far.
The box truck I'd like to drive in a lake.
The 15 inch turbo hybrid is kinda a dud so far. Haven't used the 17inch yet. The little turbo is just the perfect tile cleaning tool.
I finally switched to locking hose cuffs this year. Can't imagine not using them from now on.
Used about 4 Cases of Flex this year. Love it
Also really like the Comet APOs.
Lots of Sapphire Scientific stuff. Hoss, filter box , hand tool. They absolutely have their stuff together

J

JS41035

It's just really big. The space is nice. But it doesn't fit in the shop. The way it is set up is frustrating. I am putting in a roll up side door and lowering the box on the frame.
It will probably take a bit for me to get used to it. Definitely needs electric reels. Don't wanna derail the thread. But I got a pretty slamming deal so I have some money to make it how I want it

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Had to dump a pile of junk machine quick and got a Rage. Modified 2 5 inch, turned up the rpms and lift a tiny bit. All the specs are almost identical to the 370. I have been so impressed with this little machine. The 2.5 inch mod is a must for the Rage.
Seal a door is cool. I got a 13 inch Zipper but don't see what the hype is. Good wand but I like my new Cobb TI wand the best. On most commercial the Zipper is good but hate it on residential.

Reactions: sealcanvas

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
. . .
Good wand but I like my new Cobb TI wand the best.
On most commercial the Zipper is good but hate it on residential.

Good to hear Adam.

I am anxious to test the new 14" Ti wand you have,
against the new 14" Ti Mytee swivel wand on some dirty carpet.

And Tom is also working on a new swivel 14" wand.

Reactions: Mikey P

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
2010 Ford Mustang so I don't have to drive my truck around when my wife is using our car.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Good to hear Adam.

I am anxious to test the new 14" Ti wand you have,
against the new 14" Ti Mytee swivel wand on some dirty carpet.

And Tom is also working on a new swivel 14" wand.

It is getting close should have most parts by end of next week.....I hope, keeping fingers crossed, the parts look good on paper and 3D drawings......but till we get them don't know.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The 2.5 inch mod is a must for the Rage.
Tell us more Scott Noble took his 2.5 off his 370... He said it left too much water in the hose..

I think it may have less to do with the machine and more to do with the business end of the wand.

Engineering rule-of-thumb says it takes at least 5000 feet-per-minute of velocity to adequately convey material through the hose. For 2.5" hose that's 170 cfm (as a comparison, 2" hose requires only 110 cfm to achieve 5000 fpm). Both machines open flow is nearly double that figure, and both machines spec at 13" hg vacuum.

The operating cfm is primarily set by the wand/glide/carpet type (and to a lesser extent hose run length), and is significantly less than open flow. It could be interesting to compare these parameters between Adam and Scott. If one setup lowers the operating flow close to or below 170 this could explain the results.....

J

JS41035

Had to dump a pile of junk machine quick and got a Rage. Modified 2 5 inch, turned up the rpms and lift a tiny bit. All the specs are almost identical to the 370. I have been so impressed with this little machine. The 2.5 inch mod is a must for the Rage.
Seal a door is cool. I got a 13 inch Zipper but don't see what the hype is. Good wand but I like my new Cobb TI wand the best. On most commercial the Zipper is good but hate it on residential.
Trade that junky zipper for a couple brand new drimaster upholstery tools!!

Reactions: dgardner

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
The Zipper is far from being "junky".
It is extremely well made and a very powerful cleaning tool.
It also makes cleaning carpet much easier for those of us with bad backs.
It does take getting used to, especially in residential but that does not make it junky.
The creator of the Zipper put a lot of thought, time, money and quality into it and it shines through.
It has its place in the cleaning industry and I wish I had known about it or had one years ago, my back would be much better than it is now.

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
Just a simple "thank you" to those that included Seal-A-Door as part of your "best purchases" in 2015! If you haven't tried it yet...we are still offering our "Risk Free Guarantee"...please go to www.face.book.com/sealadoorpricing is see information about the product and the options. We hope to hear from many more of you in 2016...."health, happiness, prosperity and best wishes" extended to everyone on Mikeys Board!

J

JS41035

The Zipper is far from being "junky".
It is extremely well made and a very powerful cleaning tool.
It also makes cleaning carpet much easier for those of us with bad backs.
It does take getting used to, especially in residential but that does not make it junky.
The creator of the Zipper put a lot of thought, time, money and quality into it and it shines through.
It has its place in the cleaning industry and I wish I had known about it or had one years ago, my back would be much better than it is now.
Yeah. I was being sarcastic. I also love the zipper. :icon_cool: It's a great tool. Unless of course you hate it and want to trade it for a couple pristine upholstery tools. :shifty: :)

Name
Bill Soukoreff
It is getting close should have most parts by end of next week.....I hope, keeping fingers crossed, the parts look good on paper and 3D drawings......but till we get them don't know.

Tom's previous swivel wand was the best tool I bought last year. Can't wait to see the new version.

Zipper was the previous year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom