Best portables these days...?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I need at least one, quickly...got another account (yearly $50+grand) where tm is not doable.
I need a porty that is reasonably powerful (max 75' hoseruns) yet easy for one guy to get in and out of a van 3-4-5 times a day.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I need at least one, quickly...got another account (yearly $50+grand) where tm is not doable.
I need a porty that is reasonably powerful (max 75' hoseruns) yet easy for one guy to get in and out of a van 3-4-5 times a day.
take a look at the Mytee Breeze.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The Nautilus will be sorta easy to get into your van since it is longer. simply tilt the port to place the front wheels onto the van floor. then lift the back end onto your knee and toss it in to the van.-- however this design will make it dangerous to bring up or down the stairs.

Or buy ramps.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
Rotovac has the Monsoon with the same vacs but a ridiculous 200 psi
My Monsoon made me 725$ bucks yesterday morning...
We had to do a 14th floor condo, and the furniture, and area rugs were begging for the Monsoon....
I’ve got a love hate relationship with it....
As a portable upholstery machine? Awesome.
As a portable commercial machine? Hate it...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Threads like this are an infection

I know...you are right.

sketch-1607183910317.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Is there really a best porty? They all kind of suck. It's like trying to pick which finger you want to whack with a hammer.
A good porty has to be just that, portable. If it's too big and heavy, that limits its use. You need at least 2-3stage vacuums or equivalent LX or ZX motors with a 500 psi pump. You need 2 inch internal/external plumbing. Ideally you can run it on 2 15 amp circuits. A lot are 1-20 amp and 1-15 amp. Autofill/pump out are nice options but not always necessary. If you want a heater, buy a separate one with its own cord.

Mikey P

Administrator
A good porty has to be just that, portable. If it's too big and heavy, that limits its use. You need at least 2-3stage vacuums or equivalent LX or ZX motors with a 500 psi pump. You need 2 inch internal/external plumbing. Ideally you can run it on 2 15 amp circuits. A lot are 1-20 amp and 1-15 amp. Autofill/pump out are nice options but not always necessary. If you want a heater, buy a separate one with its own cord.

What do you think of the bravo unit I link to?

Name
Jeff T
Would love to see the Monsoon with an adjustable 2-500 psi pump on it....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What do you think of the bravo unit I link to?
The Galaxy is ok but a little awkward going up stairs. It only has 1.5 inch plumbing which limits you to maybe 50 feet of 1.5 inch hose. I wouldn't get the heated version as it robs you of vacuum power. You can buy the edic heat and run heater separately. It's a good machine for condos and small jobs. They also have the 2700 which is a 15 gallon machine. Doesn't weigh much more. The 2700 with 2-3stage vacuums and a 500 psi pump would be a nice set up. Keep in mind the 500 psi pump is a 1/3 hp motor. You will maybe get 400-500 psi on a 3 flow wand.

Name
jack zerkie

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I missed it. Where’s Baby James🤷🏻‍♂️
I talked my director into buying a brand new Karcher. Dual 3-stage vacuums, 500psi, 17 gallon recovery. It came with heat but I didn't want it. Ya know they can sure make them look nice BUT I should have let them spend 10k on another walk behind.

Its unimpressive, poor vacuum and really not a good fit. Girls run the walk behinds. I need a custodian to clean with this. It's pretty much been relegated to spot cleaning, upholstery cleaning and water extraction. The walk behinds kill it for speed. While it may do a better job of corrective cleaning, most of what we do is just maintenance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom