best solution hose?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have been using parkers paraflex and am happy, just wondering if there is something new or better..

i am going on 2 years on it and need to replace it now..its starting to come apart on the inside..getting some nasty

goo clogging the filter in the greenhorn next to the trigger valve..at least im assuming its the hose deteriorating from the inside..after 2 hard years of use..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I love the Parker P hose! I don't think the goo would have any thing to do with deteriorating plastic, maybe the water you use or the chems you run through it maybe?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Dave- I would be looking at a hose on your machine, not the Parflex for the debris you're getting in your filter..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use good year hose and they last a long time. I have 10 years on some of them and still no problems.

10 years!!!? One job a week? I do admit I use it outside a house, but rarely inside.. My problems with good year are as follows:1. Heavy as hell I would say 200' of Parker is equal to 50' of Goodyear. 2. You never know when that end connected to your stair tool will give out and burn you and spray black death everywhere. 3. the hose itself is hot as hell to hold or pull. 4. Parker retains more heat to the wand.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Dave,
Butler has a new Skinny High Heat hose that came on my Butler this past year. They only have it in 150 foot sections, but so far I really like it. Can't remember the labeling on it right now, but will look later today and try to post what brand they are using. It is nothing I have seen posted on the boards though.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
.getting some nasty goo clogging the filter in the greenhorn next to the trigger valve..at least im assuming its the hose deteriorating from the inside..after 2 hard years of use..

I have been using parflex for almost 6 years now. Never had or seen the inside of the hose causing this. Like others said - you should be looking elsewhere for the source. Maybe you could post a picture of it the next time you have it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
mark..yes please let me know a little more about the new hose..from a users stand point..

i cant imagine where the goo could be coming from..i run ro water and no chems run through my equipment at all..just the water.
so from the tank, to the pump, to my wand somewhere in that line..cat pump is not low on fluid and everything is running fine..i just figured
the inside of the parker maybe starting to go after 2 years and 2k hrs?

i will get a pic of the goo next time though
thanks guys..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The new Butler hose is stamped Hydraton HT. Not sure if it is theirs or someone elses with the stamp on it. I really like it. Its skinny and flexible. Way better than the old hose in my opinion. They are only making lengths of 150 feet but I have told them put me on the list for the first 200 footer.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

Parker makes both the standard "safety orange" and the blue Parflex.

Specs are identical.

No idea why Joe has different prices.

We have been using this hose for years . . .

and have not seen any "goo" in hoses we have recrimped for years.

I would talk to Butler about elastomers deteriorating in their TM.

Maybe they have some ideas.

Look for heat damage out of the HX area.

Send me some of the "goo" or take a picture of it.

We see a lot more deterioration of the inner tube in Goodyear rubber hoses.

Larry

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have never actually retired a parker hose yet. still using my chem who 100 footer as my lead hose no less. what was that like 7 years ago, still running the orange stuff I got from cobb a year or so before that. my chem who hose has been recrimpped on both ends a time or 2 but other than that it still works fine. if I had still been running goodyear I would have spent like $1700 replacing my hoses over the years, instead I spent like $400 on the parker set and they are still going.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom