Best Top Down Drying Tool

Willy P

Name
Willy P
What is the best for actual water removal ? Glue down? Over pad? A REALLY large mangement company wants me to take over minor water damage for them. They're a great company to do work for, they pay well and fast and I've worked for them for the last 14 years so they have a lot of trust and confidence in what I can do. For small losses, I'll need a good top down system. Whadda ya think?

John Watson

Hey Willy PP, with you into portability the way you are, I have a like new original extreme extractor, Its not the new ride on with its own vac system, Hook your super sucking portable and you can out suck the new ride on and do a better job on top down drying...Call me 360-661-6655

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What is the best for actual water removal ? Glue down? Over pad?

the "real" restoration guys would be best to answer this
but a hack that turns down more WD's than he does would suggest;

Medium water claw for over pad (don't waste your money on the large )
wand for CGD

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Extreme Extractor pulls a little more than the Rover but the Rover extracts glue down something the Extreme Extractor cannot. The Rover is also easier to steer with a toggle control.

I agree with Larry a manual step on works well, just slower, so you could always go that route.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I love the medium claw.

Even though I've never had either of those other mechanical marvels so can't comment on them.

What type of work situations would you be doing, ?? high rise or places where you need to carry the gear up stairs. ??

What is going to be easier for you, and expected amount of work to give you a ROI. ??

Do you have the room in your vehicle for the extra gear needed for this work.??

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Oh now I know what you mean. Yeah I agree the rover is a good all around. Medium water claw would be a cheaper start up thing, plus you could use it for urine too.

I've always used a water claw, but large commercial glue down the rover rocks!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I haven't owned any of the ride on extractors. last I looked they wanted like 7 grand for an extreme extractor. plus try as I might most home owners want the pad out. despite what I tell them they think it has to come out. around here in salt lake area I have trouble doing top down drying in basements. I personally think the concrete is so cold under the pad that its difficult to dry it in a reasonable time period. yeah I can do it in like 5 days. with me pushing a prong sensor in and the top 3/4 of the pad is dry with mainly the concrete still being damp. if I tent the carpet I can really get it dry fast but that defeats the purpose of doing it.

specifically glue down commercial carpet installed over pad. that has been tuff for my water claw to deal with. another issue with that carpet in particular is I think its harder for the air to draw the moisture through it. in any case I do think it takes a ton of heat and air movement to dry top down. this can be problematic for people occupying the space. it also means more equipment be set. for me I only top down dry for a couple situations. mainly if its a small area like the corner of a room or if there is a pool table or something that prevents all the carpet from being pulled up conveniently, then I pull part of the pad, water claw what I can't get out.

Back
Top Bottom