Best value heat exchanged TM

Becker

Name
Becker
I have propane on a part time machine, I almost never use it 1st hand.. Heat is great, but hate dealing with 2 fuel sources.

Propane is not very cheap here in WA. I've heard some parts of the US get it dirt cheap compared to here.

So, what do you feel is the best value in a heat exchange unit?

So many changes in the TM world.

Who is stable? Are any?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I would say amtex at a good price point, then blueline. Ben posted on another board today. I was amazed how his hx last forever it seems

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Becker

Name
Becker
joeynbgky said:
I would say amtex at a good price point, then blueline. Ben posted on another board today. I was amazed how his hx last forever it seems

Amtex scares me, looks to much like a chem-tex.

Becker

Name
Becker
Very true.. the best valued machine might be 8995.00 or 49,995.00..

Butler seems like a great value considering the repeat buyers and resale value.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
In my opinion, it would be a machine with an exhaust heat exchanger. I have a Powerclean Genesis which may not have been cheap upfront but longterm would be much cheaper.

Becker

Name
Becker
Leslie Judson Jones said:
ProChem Performer 405

LOL, I ask this question because I need a back up plan if my buddy does not end up selling me his 405.

Well taken care of 405s are hard to find.

I've found one, I just need to wait till he is ready to let it go.

Should be by the end of the year.

TNT is on the list, ( yeah I know propane, but the think looks so simple it is scary) or just rebuilding one of the 3 TMs I own.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Amtex is not chemtex.... Look at them a little harder. U cant get a brand new base unit for 5k or all out for 9

Don I wouldn't worry about best value, but instead which will run the best, give you the performance you want, and can make more money faster.

I like my Everest because I can do more stone and tile work, dual wand, and all you have to do is turn the key and go.

That's my two cents.

After running one for two years, I would never buy a single wand machine unless it was a steal and even then it is just not what I want.

Becker

Name
Becker
danielc said:
Don I wouldn't worry about best value, but instead which will run the best, give you the performance you want, and can make more money faster.

I like my Everest because I can do more stone and tile work, dual wand, and all you have to do is turn the key and go.

That's my two cents.

After running one for two years, I would never buy a single wand machine unless it was a steal and even then it is just not what I want.

Yet you stand affront a legend.

Yeah, well I say value, because value is dependable, and does that job as needed. This machine will normally use only 100' of hose.

John Watson

If you can find a used JEM out of Canadia, Nation Wide and a few others around. My unit is 23 yrs old and still going strong. Would offer you mine but believe I have a taker for it already.... It is very simple and straight forward... Like a Judson of the slide in series....

BillC

If you want simplicity go TNT, but if you insist on a heat exchanger then Prochem IMO is the most reliable.. The Peak is a all around great unit for resi/comm...

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I believe Prochem is the most conservative choice or Hydramaster Boxer. White Magic would have been another but they are of course no longer. Sappire is new as we all know will need many years of business to stack up against Prochem.

Your profile says Washington, does that mean Wa State? I have a dear friend in Nor Cal with a 405 I'm pretty sure would be for sale. It's the bullet proof Nissan 4 cyl and the heat is incredible. Email if you would like his contact info.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Sapphire is new as we all know will need many years of business to stack up against Prochem.

I'm curious as to how many years a company has to be in business to "stack up"?

- Sapphire is part of Legend Brands which comprises companies which are known for reliability and durability as well as being financially solid
-The 370 is nearly 3 years old (same for Sapphire as a company)
-BLUEline would be 10 years old. -
-Our Engineering team has more than 50 years of experience (Prochem's has maybe 5?)
-Our engineers designed the current line of Prochem truck mounts so if your looking for a product that has the most industry experience behind it seems like we match up.
- What other TM manufacturer has invested any money in new technology the last few years?

Now I admit there aren't many if any used Sapphire TM's on the market but maybe thats because people who own them love them.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Don good luck with the 405 I hope it comes your way. Mines clocking up to 3500 hours and hardly an issue to speak of at all so far (purchased used 4 years ago). I'd like to look at a Sapphire to get the weight down but will probably wait till I can get one used from the USA to try the brand out - new SS units here seem to be marked up $10 - $15k after freighting in, so it makes a good used unit from USA look very attractive. OR, I could stay with the big vehicle and find another 405...

PS - I'm also real keen on the Judson machine but just having trouble gettin' my head around the gas heater thing. The concept of running both the machine and heater on propane appeals to me though.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bill Bruders said:
Sappire is new as we all know will need many years of business to stack up against Prochem.

I'm curious as to how many years a company has to be in business to "stack up"?

- Sapphire is part of Legend Brands which comprises companies which are known for reliability and durability as well as being financially solid
-The 370 is nearly 3 years old (same for Sapphire as a company)
-BLUEline would be 10 years old. -
-Our Engineering team has more than 50 years of experience (Prochem's has maybe 5?)
-Our engineers designed the current line of Prochem truck mounts so if your looking for a product that has the most industry experience behind it seems like we match up.
- What other TM manufacturer has invested any money in new technology the last few years?

Now I admit there aren't many if any used Sapphire TM's on the market but maybe thats because people who own them love them.

BillY.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: The name changes so often...You EVEN mis-spell IT... :roll:

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
HARPER said:
BillY.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: The name changes so often...You EVEN mis-spell IT... :roll:

I don't think Bill misspelt anything Harper

I think he simply copied the text 'Sappire' from Noble's post above his if you check it out. But I have been wrong before...... !gotcha!

Jerry

Supportive Member
I have 900 hours on my SS454 now with no problems so far, love it....

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
How about the century 400 avenger units?
They look simple, well built for the money.

Becker

Name
Becker
Fred H said:
Whats the issue with chemtex?
Have they gotten better?

Mine was a nightmare.

Dumped water non stop. I don't think I could clean a 3-4 job without filling tank.

Coupler issues.

chemmix
overheating even with dumping water nonstop, even more so if you forgot to use the dump valve on the wand.

So have they gotten better?

You should beable to put down a wand for a few mins and not have it over heat, or have to crack a manual dump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom