Biggest "HOW TO" question we get!

Jupiter_James

In the carpet cleaning field I cannot tell you how many times we get asked how to remove cigarette burns in carpets and furniture. This is what we tell our customers and locals to try:

1.) If the burn is slight, rub with dry steel wool or if you feel confident, trim the damaged tufts
2.) If the burn is bad, take a razor blade and scrape some fibers from a hidden area and use super glue to patch the burn with the fibers

*Please test all of them in an inconspicuous area first

If the burns do not come up from these two methods then you may need to call a professional to get them out.

www.carpetcleangreen.com

dgargan

In 18 years I have never been asked that? I have seen it a few times but very rare.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Hmmmm....they must smoke a lot more in Florida than they do here, because I rarely encountered cigarette burns.

Take care,
Lisa

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I see them occasionally, and I am amazed that people think they should come out with cleaning. But then again, the people with burns in the carpet usually aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I believe this new user posted that just to get some backlinks on the following key words: "how to" and "cigarette burns". I'll wait till Fred Cordell chimes in and see what thinks.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
"How strong do you mix your Powermax????......The jug says 8oz per gallon.........I don't understand.......is that right???"

Back
Top Bottom