Bissell POS blews

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
that sounds like you have some money left over for beer and good dinner!! :mrgreen: Seriously unless you just HAVE to have the HEPA. the 48 dollar versions really are nice simple, no headlight to break or take power away from the unit. and as long as you are cleaning out the filter regularly they work great. I recomend blowing it out with an air gun each morning before your jobs. Take a five gallon bucket and dump the cup when it starts looking full.

then about every month, clean out the underside. And if you walk into a pet toilet that still needs a bunch of stuff vacc up.. ad $50.00 to the bill.. and either leave the vacuum with them or toss it and get a new one.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Art Kelley said:
joeynbgky said:
mine blew up to. only had it 45 days...... I still have orecks that are 4 years old going strong.

That plastic POS Mike likes looks like a ridiculous toy. My ten y/o Oreck is built like a tank. Always handy to have when you must cross contaminate some slobs house.
That is what I'm talkign about. Try and get ten years out of any other vacuum mikey! They might not suck like you want but buy a commercial one. and try it for 30 days if you dont like it take it back!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
fred (are all bulletin board freds assholes?) boyle said:
oh goodie... another bulletin board saleman

buy a banner

The banner is bought & paid for... BTW,my point was cheap is only good if it works & lasts. You'd think a guy with your net worth would understand the concept of buy a good one & you only buy one. Or you can buy a "cheap one" every 6 months, but hey, it's your $... Do what you want.

Personally I like the bissel powerforce w/bags. I have 2... One for nasty restaurants & one for everything else. BTW I like the arm & hammer bags... Keeps the smell down.

Greenie

I think this one of the areas a Co. like Mytee or KleeRite etc...could capitalize in, guys will spend the $500 on a good vac if it SOLVES the problems and still cleans like no tomorrow.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Jim Martin said:
I am on my second Dyson in almost 8 years and I pull that thing out 4 to 5 times a day.....5 to 6 days a week and I have never pulled loops and tufts on any carpets or voided warranties. Both of them were for animal hair which is a more aggressive brush.....I never put a single dime into these vacuums..I just totally wore the first one out....I order mine off amazon which can be 200 to 250 dollars cheaper at times............

You mean you've never had to replace the filters in 4-8yrs??
You're cleaning some very clean homes.
As for its being easy to take apart, I guess I'd need to see a manual. Nothing about them is very intuitive. Just trying to take the canister off was a challenge, then to find the filter.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
my wife keeps having me buy Dyson DC07 when we need a replacement, which is ever 18 months. i love the vac, but really wanna try Werner's Cleartrak to!

lemme know how it is Martin.

Ron W., i dunno if anyone mentioned this above or not, but Dyson's filter is foam...washable. we wash ours every 2-4 jobs, and replace with a "Fresh" one.

one of the great things about the DC07, no $$ to spend on replacing filters.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Derek said:
my wife keeps having me buy Dyson DC07 when we need a replacement, which is ever 18 months. i love the vac, but really wanna try Werner's Cleartrak to!

lemme know how it is Martin.

Ron W., i dunno if anyone mentioned this above or not, but Dyson's filter is foam...washable. we wash ours every 2-4 jobs, and replace with a "Fresh" one.

one of the great things about the DC07, no $$ to spend on replacing filters.

the entire top half of the vacuum is washable...along with the filters.........you will find that you will be better off with the DC-14 instead on the 7..............

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Studebaker said:
We are working on something that might be a solution to this problem.
Which problem? The filters? the vacuuming?

Cleartrak uses a submircon and a foam filter, both are washable. The new submicron filters are more durable.

Where is the HEPA filtration in the Dyson? Can't get that with foam.

tim

We have had the proteam upright for a few years now. Great vacuum, zero problems. It is made well, on board tools, hepa filter, professional.

Mikey P

Administrator
I refuse to use a paper bag vacuum and resort to guessing about how much soil I'm getting out.

So my choices are...

Buy a new POSBissell every two month @$99
Ron's professional looking tank @ $350
Dyson that every house wife knows, even more so than the POSB for $300
Sanitaire new Cup model 5845
Fred's Hoover
go back to the Sanitiare old style and replace belts every job

or..

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just curious now
is the Cleartrak really that heavy to make it hard to use or carry?

If you had to choose between a vacuum that was heavy or light, and you knew the heavy one would do the job, would you still reach for the light one?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the only thing that needs to be done is figure out how to make belts last on the sani 887, if the belt has merely been on the vac for a while without being used that alone IMO stretches out the belts. solve the belt issue on the 887 and you have one hell of a vacuum.

mikey, just put a fresh belt everyday on the 887 if you work 5 days a week that would only cost what like 10 bucks a month. I have 2 of the old school purple bissells the 49$ walmart ones never replaced the belts even once, they still vac like new. although both of them have been relagated to use only in my house. with the purple bissels you have to clean filters all the time and dump it multiple times on nasty jobs, that is where the 887 excels, it can hold a ton o shit.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
See if you can find a kvlar belt for your 887 in the appropriate size. It'll out last the motor.

Lefty724

Name
E
Mikey P said:
I refuse to use a paper bag vacuum and resort to guessing about how much soil I'm getting out.

So my choices are...

Fred's Hoover

or..

Think I am gonna spring for a Cleartrak real soon! I have a Kirby, but would also like to see how much soil I am picking up.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Mikey P said:

So my choices are...

Fred's Hoover

or..

If studebaker doesn't come through... try the 5845, just so the rest of the world can have a good review. :mrgreen:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
cAll me nutty.. but the biggest problem seesm to be enough air flow to actually pull enough soil out of the carpet. A pile lifter does a good job of digging crud out but often lacks enough power to supply adequate suction and thus generally you can see the stuff coming out.. I'm very surpised.. sombody has not come up with an electric motorised brush head and canister that could utilize the suction of your TM but provide its own filtration like an line filter would do. Set it up like a regular upright expect for design it so the motor only turns the brush roll and provide a port to hook up to your truckmount for the suction.. again just an idea. Probably to awkard though. :?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
sweendogg said:
cAll me nutty.. but the biggest problem seesm to be enough air flow to actually pull enough soil out of the carpet. A pile lifter does a good job of digging crud out but often lacks enough power to supply adequate suction and thus generally you can see the stuff coming out.. I'm very surpised.. sombody has not come up with an electric motorised brush head and canister that could utilize the suction of your TM but provide its own filtration like an line filter would do. Set it up like a regular upright expect for design it so the motor only turns the brush roll and provide a port to hook up to your truckmount for the suction.. again just an idea. Probably to awkard though. :?
its also the espense of running a $15000 or more machine for that extra time.
Plus the vac hose isn't that easy to pull around.
Need the agitation, the airflow, and the filtration.

One benefit of running it off the TM is it exhausts outside. Really have to watch that fine soil that comes out. If you're not watering it down to capture that soil, it will make it to the blower.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron Werner said:
sweendogg said:
its also the espense of running a $15000 or more machine for that extra time.
Plus the vac hose isn't that easy to pull around.
Need the agitation, the airflow, and the filtration.

One benefit of running it off the TM is it exhausts outside. Really have to watch that fine soil that comes out. If you're not watering it down to capture that soil, it will make it to the blower.

Thats why I was evnisions only using the suction with the actual upright still capturing all of the soil with several stage hepa filtration. again I don't think its too feasible.. but it seems that would be a smarter way to go than alot of these guys who use a turbo cat tool straight to the truckmount with no dust downer.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Jim Martin":br4gha8f]I am on my second Dyson in almost 8 years and I pull that thing out 4 to 5 times a day.....5 to 6 days a week and I have never pulled loops and tufts on any carpets or voided warranties. Both of them were for animal hair which is a more aggressive brush.....I never put a single dime into these vacuums..I just totally wore the first one out....I order mine off amazon which can be 200 to 250 dollars cheaper at times............

You mean you've never had to replace the filters in 4-8yrs??
You're cleaning some very clean homes.
As for its being easy to take apart, I guess I'd need to see a manual. Nothing about them is very intuitive. Just trying to take the canister off was a challenge, then to find the filter.[/quote:br4gha8f]

vacuum and filters get washed out about once a week....simple to take apart..just a matter of knowing what button to push....or what clip to lift.....even a cave man could do it..........

N

nwhmbiz

I use the Hoover Conquest... it has a trap for large objects and after 3 years I have the original belt. It's a little heavy but all you do is lift from the handle on the base. By far the most reliable vacuum I've ever used.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
sweendogg said:
Thats why I was evnisions only using the suction with the actual upright still capturing all of the soil with several stage hepa filtration. again I don't think its too feasible.. but it seems that would be a smarter way to go than alot of these guys who use a turbo cat tool straight to the truckmount with no dust downer.
Often wondered what would happen if I hooked the truck vac up to the cleartrak.
Probably suck the filter through!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
dgardner said:
Anyone try Perfect Vacuums? This dirt cup model looks promising - $209 free shipping:

http://perfectvacs.com/store/produc...ducts_id=63&osCsid=ai44imjnvk1hldekukbnrvq083

http://www.perfectvacs.com/images/P105/P105 12 Inch Upright with Dirt Cup.pdf

perfect_p105_upright_vacuum.png

Those bagless eurekas are a PIA to empty. The bissels do a good job but are not really suited for commercial use. Maybe next time I’ll buy one like Ron uses.

Chads

Supportive Member
Mikey its all about the 46.00 bissell I bought the momentum on your advice and it did not compare to its cheaper version especially for the money. I also have the stupid sanitare and yes I have replaces the belts and all that crap it still is a piece of crap. Go for the cheap Bissell. And for you people that have Orecks they might still be running but they suck as a vacumn cleaner I had two of them , and here is the true story my house as a carpet cleaner was starting to really smell like dogs, I have 3 of them and I would vacumn twice a week and I was thinking something must be wrong somewhere else in the house for it continue to stink so bad and every time I vacumned it smell worse. It got to the point that we took the vacumn apart and cleaned every nook and crannie on that thing, put it all back together properley with new belt and new bag, I even was the frabric bag. It started stinking right away. horrible filtration on those vacs and they just dont pick up hair like they are supposed to. I went out and got a cheap 29 dollar bissell and vacumned my house the first night, I emptied the canister completly full, 6 times and only stopped there becuase a I was getting tired. And before that I would have told you I love the oreck its so light and quiet and easy to use just kinda smelled to me. so do your self a favor and go out and buy a cheap Bissel and compare them for your self. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom