Black Death,

S

steamclean

Is it me or are there more incidents happening throughout this board? I had it happen twice within a month. Can't they make a good hose anymore?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Larry,
While you're at it.
Which would you consider to be the best all around (durability, less leaks/breakage at crimps) that you sell?

Links por favor.

I have been on the same hose for over three years and no problems. I did have one end repaired but only for preventative measures.

I ordered it from interlink. I think they have the best bend restrictors and that makes a difference.

I don't run live. That is the biggest cause of a hose breaking down.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have Parflex and Tornado
The perfect hose would be a blend of the two, the insulation and smooth outside from the parflex and the flexibility of steel braid of TOrnado for high temp (300F+) and pressure (I believe its around 3000psi).

I've been using the same hose since july 08, Tornado gets used rarely, Parflex every time.
I will never buy GoodYear again.

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
Paraflex seems to coil too much. Does that go away? What about using it in cold temps?

I've been using Paraflex for a year now and it's all I will use for an "inside" hose if I can help it.. The coiling doesn't go away but you learn to deal with it. As far as cold temps. I don't think it will freeze up as quick as a steel braided hose, since it holds heat very well.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i don't get the holding heat part ,is has no insulation. i think people are translating a colder hose to holding it in better. I've never tried it because of the coiling which would probably jump up and pull small breakable off of low shelves. i don't see any reason they can't combine the two.

gene

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We carry both the Parflex and the blue wire-reinforced hose (link above).

As others have mentioned, the wire-braid handles high heat right at the truck.

The Parflex has much less heat-loss, and slides around easier inside the house.

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...earch_in_description=1&keyword=parflex+parker

I would use a combination of both, for a high-heat TM (over 230 degrees).

We also use a variety of strain reliefs, and can furnish both types of hose in any length.

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've learned to coil the parflex, work with it rather than against it. Once the hot water gets running it does lay flatter but it still knots up. It is stiffer in cold weather, but manageable.

For the insulation, the hose doesn't get as hot on the outside, won't leave the heat lines as rapidly as a steel braid.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So to sum it up: The first 75 or 100 feet (the in house part of the solution hose) Parflex.
And the rest a good high heat tolerance metal braided.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I replace my 250' every year. $250 PM when I was in golf course maint. My boss always replaced the hydrolic hoses every winter and prevented the dreaded blow out. It would kill all the turf it touched and was very unsightly from the tee box!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom