blower rinsed

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Today was maintenance day,my waste tank was really starting to smell all the time no matter how uch i poured germicidal bleach into it.when i got to the bottom i found a grease paddy about 6 inches stuck in front of the drain hole.I believe this nasty smelly grease came from a restaurant that wasnt cleaned in over 5 yrs.this smell has plagued me since june.Any way i cleaned the tank and decided to rinse the blower incase it smelled as well.so i mixed 3 gals of water with some FISSION and poured it down the hatch.what a mess that came pouring out of the other end.so i repeated the process 3 more times followed by a good soakin with WD-40.tomorrow i will be takin a strap wrench to the first job unless i fire it up at home:D

Reactions: Foothills Phil

glenboy

Name
GLEN
all is well,she fired rite up.and now i notice the blower spins to a stop with a much different glug sound,almost like it is CLEAN

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Glen.....why would you add FISSION to the clear water....
after all...that's what yor TRYIN' to get OUT of it......

clear water only...not in yor driveway!!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i added fission to cut the grease from this nasty place i did,any way it worked,mo betta.now my blower runs to a stop

TonyC

Name
Tony Castellano
correct me if i'm wrong but when you cleaned out the blower where did the crud come out at, was it through the exhaust ? If thats where it came out then all that crud would clog up your heat exchangers since the exhaust blows through them.

PCCN

Do this at least 3-4 times a year.

A few years back my Butler locked up. Though I was screwed and ready to fork over a grand to get my machine fixed.

I called the superstar service tech at Butler and already knowing I cleaned restaurants 7 nights a week with the truck, he told me it was only my blower seized by all the grease. (Steaming hot water continually cleaning out grease made it literally cake up inside the blower.)

Hot water alone won't cut it. Hot solution of prespray, or grease cutting detergent, poured direcly in the top of the blower. Sits for a few minutes, then rinse WELL with hot clear water. Yes it will definitely shoot all that nasty scum out the blower exhaust. After it runs the water out absolutely run plenty of lubricant (WD-40, etc.) in the blower lube port.

If you clean lots of greasy carpet such as food service jobs and don't clean the blower out, it will eventually clog up on you, or at minimum affect the performance.

That one Butler tech saved me a heart attack and ton of money from going to a local dealer and getting hosed.

steve_64

use rid-x in your waste tank to keep the odors down and before flushing it out. it will clean the walls and top of the waste tank making it easier to clean out and reduce weight from all the crap growing on the walls of the tank.

steve_64

when i flush out my blower i disconnect the hose before the silencer so the crud doesnt get in there. i hook a hose up to that hose to direct it out of the van. i run cold water at a slow pace for about 10 minutes or until it runs clear for several minutes then run dry for 10 minutes to clean out water. then i just add a half ounce or so of vac lube designed for the blower. let that run for a couple minutes then just hook it all back up.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
this is some really helpful info ( see bob u thought i was an alien) lol i knew there was nasty shit in the bore and the impeller.the idea to mix fission and water worked well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom