Blue Stain

BigMac41

Have a blue stain where an aquarium set. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mac

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What color is the carpet, and is it synthetic ?

As long as its not a pH shift.

Then the A part of a 2 part stain remover like red relief, and steamer/iron and towel should do the trick. You may need to dye.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
PH shift from the aquarium. Test the ph bring it back to neutral and it should go away.

-JB-

Name
JB
I suspect a Windex spill/overspray while cleaning the outside of the tank, short of a knife, I've not seen blue dye come out, anyone else had luck w/blue dyes?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I can't think of anyone stupid enough to be spraying winded near their fish. Now spill their tank chems yes which I "think" could have caused a ph shift. I'm not 100% but I have heard this same scenario at sometme from someone smarter then me but since I have CRS I can't tell you who

-JB-

Name
JB
I can't think of anyone stupid enough to be spraying winded near their fish.
I thought you werked w/carpet cleaners every day?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

John's right. I've had more than a few saltwater tanks, and rule number 1 with all tanks is to keep all soaps and cleaning products away from the tank. If that tank is anything other than a 20 dollar complete kiddie setup from Walmart, it might be safe to assume the owner knows that, and maybe look somewhere else for the cause. See if they spilled some Bromothymol Blue from their PH test kit.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have a water test kit that measures PH Ammonia Nitrite & Nitate. The PH testing soulution is blue at PH 7+. First try some ink remover and extract without heat. You can sometimes set blue stains with heat. Then hit it with some cid and see if it turns yellow indicating that it's PH testing soulution If so add reducer like red 1 and heat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom