Bluetooth for our ears on the job. I’m fed up

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ve went through so many, it’s rediculous.

I’ve had half a dozen ear jewelry from the cheapos to the expensive, EXCEPT the white apple ones

And I’ve had half a dozen of the collar ones from lg sweat proof retractable to the cheaper sweatproof from ankar. I won’t try any other because I hate how the speakers dangle if the can’t connect or retract good and I hate the feeling of something attached to our ears permanently.

So have you guys and gals found anything retractable, sweatproof and tough enough to survive our line of work? I don’t care about price.

I just went to two Wally’s , Best Buy, Verizon, Target, and couldn’t find what I felt would’ve good

Let’s see some links. I just bought a cheap one tonight to buy some time till I can order what y’all suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DAT

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I’ve had half a dozen ear jewelry from the cheapos to the expensive, EXCEPT the white apple ones

And I’ve had half a dozen of the collar ones from lg sweat proof retractable to the cheaper sweatproof from ankar. I won’t try any other because I hate how the speakers dangle if the can’t connect or retract good and I hate the feeling of something attached to our ears permanently.

So have you guys and gals found anything retractable, sweatproof and tough enough to survive our line of work? I don’t care about price.

I just went to two Wally’s , Best Buy, Verizon, Target, and couldn’t find what I felt would’ve good

Let’s see some links. I just bought a cheap one tonight to buy some time till I can order what y’all suggest.
I don't answer the phone when I'm working. Best I've ever had was the jawbone. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton

Same here with going through heaps of them.

What about headphones that work via wifi if such a thing has been invented yet?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You fooken temEfrs drive me nuts.

Have patience
It takes a long time for the mind 'n body to recover from eating a steady diet of horsesh1t

1535811522206.png

lta

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Get the Apple ones then... air pods

I endorse them .. work out daily with them.

Better tech with the W1? Chip...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have gone through 2 pairs of LG's in the last 5 or so years...the only reason I had to replace the first pair was while I was working on some guys machine...the earbud got caught in a panel and I ripped it off.....

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Never need them. HA! I take my hearing aids off so i can be true deaf. Customer never bothers me as result.

The most resilient earpieces ever made are my hearing aids... They'll last you 5+years.
Unfortunately, the company has a monopoly over this that not even google, apple, samsung, or bose are allowed to touch. Otherwise, your auditory devices would be so much better...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Never need them. HA! I take my hearing aids off so i can be true deaf. Customer never bothers me as result.

The most resilient earpieces ever made are my hearing aids... They'll last you 5+years.
Unfortunately, the company has a monopoly over this that not even google, apple, samsung, or bose are allowed to touch. Otherwise, your auditory devices would be so much better...
My wife has Bluetooth hearing aids as well. She loves them. Very adjustable and discreet. How's your hearing with them in Derrick? Do you come close to normal?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
My wife has Bluetooth hearing aids as well. She loves them. Very adjustable and discreet. How's your hearing with them in Derrick? Do you come close to normal?

I hear some. Still cannot communicate over phone with. Hearing aids do not have the sound filteration that a human can do. We need AI tech to assist with that. Im solely a speech reader still. I only hear in specific decibels and frequencies. All the nerves in cochlear are shot.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
ive got an audiologist as a customer and he builds hearing aids.

he told me he build me the best set of headphones wired one for now. but i like bluetooth no cable dangling they dont last as long.

ive got some swimming headphones that are bluetooth. bluetooth works as long as your not swimming under water. if you do alot of under water it has 8gb storage.

sound quality is okay but horrible for asnwering any calls

currently using Lg collar type. its my 2nd pair its goin out so ill be in market for another pair

Name
Scott Turknett
My Bose from bestbuy with the geek protection have been great for me. I have two Bluetooth sets with the wire between the buds, and one set without the wire. When they go bad I swap them under the protection plan, and pay a couple bucks to refresh the plan.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My Bose from bestbuy with the geek protection have been great for me. I have two Bluetooth sets with the wire between the buds, and one set without the wire. When they go bad I swap them under the protection plan, and pay a couple bucks to refresh the plan.
Can you send a link of it? Because I couldn’t find any Bose when I was there last night

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
do have a link for those?

i had some nice bose and my wife lost them. she's lost two nice headsets and she wanted too borrow my current ones

nay nay

i give her the regular apple white wired sets

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare
Name
Scott Turknett
Bose with no wires
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-soundsport-free-wireless-headphones-black/5876110.p?skuId=5876110

Bose with wire between buds
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-soundsport-wireless-headphones-black/5168600.p?skuId=5168600

Bose with collar and active noise canceling
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-quietcontrol-30-wireless-headphones-black/5457002.p?skuId=5457002

I highly recommend the geek squad warranty, I probably use it 4 times a year(I am brutal on headphones)

Can you send a link of it? Because I couldn’t find any Bose when I was there last night

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

do you like the ones with any wires at all?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I saw these at target and wanted the collar until I saw that the wires weren’t retractable nor were they sweat resistant. I’m sure it has the best quality sound.

How do the wireless feel? I was never fond of something being in my ear the whole time.

Name
Scott Turknett
If I am cleaning an occupied place I use the set with the wire between them so I can just flick them out of my ears to have a conversation. They can just hang around my neck.
But in empty places I use the true wireless so I don’t have that little wire getting caught between my collar and neck and pulling on my ear.

I also always have at least two sets so when one battery dies I can just use another set of headphones

do you like the ones with any wires at all?

Name
Scott Turknett
I can’t stand a collar, so I have no experience with that style.

The true wireless took a lot of getting used to for me, but I love them on big commercial jobs. No wire to tug on my ears

I saw these at target and wanted the collar until I saw that the wires weren’t retractable nor were they sweat resistant. I’m sure it has the best quality sound.

How do the wireless feel? I was never fond of something being in my ear the whole time.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom