Bona PowerScrubber

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Does anyone have one of these are equivalent that they are selling or know anyone selling one?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks like a Dirt Dragon just not as sleek in design. I should sell you ours we've only used it a couple of times. But I think we will eventually get around to doing something with it but look on Ebay.

Mikey P

Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbXmmEcq7U

that and it's competition is nothing more than a over priced juice dispenser for those who don't know better.

Get a Hard Floor wand and use your truckmount.

Work in small areas.
Spray down a neutral cleaner
Scrub in with a CRB or 175
Rinse with wand asap
Airpath (!) dry.

Better results, far more maneuverable, corners steps and other hard to get to areas with ease...

Much quicker too.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Mikey where are these hardwood floor wands? I've never heard of using a truckmount to do hardwood floor cleaning. What pressure to you set your machine at? Seems like it would be much easier to do that vs. lug around a heavy glorified shopvac with CRB built in.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ben almost every wand company sells hard floor wands. Most have a squeegee or a brush ring option, the PMF that I have has both..

Westpak, Prochem, Gecko/Interlink and Turbo Force all sell one similar.

300 to 400 is all you need to clean wood, vct, laminates or any other non porous surface.

Grouted floors, stone, concrete and the like need more pressure but there is far better chance of streaking.

Work quick, dont let the cleaning solution or the rinse water sit for more than a few minutes. PITA with out a helper.

With wood its all about pre qualifying the customer. Tell them it will be so clean that white socks wont show any soil but scratches, water stains, wear, fading and every other signs of patina will still be there.

Charge for estimates cause if you advertise this service you get lots of calls from lots of clueless home owners that think cleaning will repair all of the above. You wont get 80% of your estimates is my experience.

We have wood guys in town that will pad and recoat for $1.50 to 2.00 a foot and do a complete sand and refinish for $4.00 so I feel .75 is a fair price for professional cleaning.

photobucket-77360-1321030818249.jpg

photobucket-83492-1321030801080.jpg

Reactions: thecleaningdude

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Rinsing with the wand will not get any water trapped between the grooves on a real hardwood floor?

Some floors have a slight space between each other, you know the builders grade oak 2 1/4 inch for instance, the water will be completely taken out?

I like that idea vs bringing that huge dirt dragon or the bona.

Agree on the 80%+++ of clients won't pay for it and want all the scratches removed.

Deff charge for the estimate.

Mikey P

Administrator
use your own judgment Bill

No issue here so far.

Use those machines a few times and you'll be buying a wand or passing on the jobs.

Reactions: tmdry

Willy P

Name
Willy P
175 and a porty at my rugby clubhouse - damn, it's not like wood doesn't get wet.
Start:
101_0409.jpg

Cleaning:
101_0407.jpg

Finish:
101_0412.jpg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm nowhere near a hardwood cleaning expert. I was actually a little scared to clean them due to my inexperience. I had a member here take time over the phone to teach me what he does.

Spray down Bona and scrub with a 175. I've only needed a white pad so far but pretty sure you could be more aggressive if you had to.
Only work an area big enough that you can recover the "slurry" before it dries. I used several (more than I had imagined I would) microfiber pads on the end of a handle to recover that slurry.

It was easy, very easy. I intend on getting better with hardwood and maybe offering screening and finishing. It was a little like stripping VCT but much less of a PITA. The Bona was pleasant to work with and I look forward to cleaning more hardwood.

I don't own a hard floor wand but it sounds like it's definitely worth a look.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Yea, I've used the dirt dragon a few times, no thanks, too much of a pain.

Thanks for the tip.

Are you just cleaning or putting down basic coatings semi-gloss/matte finish after?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Sure!

We'll put down the Basic MopnGlow stuf
f for .25 half the time

You cheap bassturd- I'm getting $2 a square with a shiny or satin finishNo sand, no screen, just clean and apply finish.- BUT the finish I use takes an hour to dry between coats and needs 3-4 coats to really pop.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Done a few with a maroon prep pad in some rentals. It will remove more of the scratches but quit bidding them. Home owner is usually looking for someone to sand and recoat for next to nothing.

Mikey P

Administrator
You cheap bassturd- I'm getting $2 a square with a shiny or satin finishNo sand, no screen, just clean and apply finish.- BUT the finish I use takes an hour to dry between coats and needs 3-4 coats to really pop.

so in other words, I'm making more per hour...

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Done a few with a maroon prep pad in some rentals. It will remove more of the scratches but quit bidding them. Home owner is usually looking for someone to sand and recoat for next to nothing.

This is the same thing I run into. I took it off the website because I was tired of bidding them.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
This is the same thing I run into. I took it off the website because I was tired of bidding them.

Tell them you aren't the cheapest - I'm upfront about costs, don't oversell and give great results. It isnt nearly as hard as most here think and it pays really well for relatively easy work. If you apply a quality finish, and not Mikey's Mop and Not Much Glow, expect higher costs, but price accordingly.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd throw everyone of you fcks out of my house :evil:

stick to barn floors and restaurants that toss peanut shells and beer all over the floor

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom