Bored

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Was all setup to go on a 23 day motorcycle trip to Skagway Alaska via Calgary Alberta in two days and looked at the calendar to see one of my main WDR guys is off for 14 days. Bummer. Postponed for a few weeks I guess. Well it should be an easy week since I'm pretty caught up.
Al

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Having to wait 2-weeks for a month long trip......I can't imagine the suffering. :p

Sounds like a nice trip Al, the two weeks will just give you a little more time to research your stops more. Have a great trip! 8)

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Thanks for the well wishes. I am going from SW Oregon taking two lane roads to Glacier and up to Calgary for a few days to visit kid and grand kids. Then to Hyder AK, then up the Cassier (sp) highway to Watson Lake then to Skagway. Ferry to Prince Rupert (hopefully getting off and riding the landlocked stops along the way) the then scenic way home. About 4500 to 5000 miles plus the ferry. Just bought heated insoles for my boots today.
Al

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I am taking my road king. I get 5 or 6000. On a rear tire. I get up to 20,000 on the front tire. Starting out with a new rear tire so I might be able to make it back on the original. Heated grips gloves jacket insoles. Big bag of cigars and a bottle of scotch. I have a bitchin job.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Well, I am back. Made it to Jasper Alberta. Roads were washed out, mudslides and a butt load of rain. Rode for 10 days total there and back and 6 were in the rain and sometimes BIG rain with thunderstorms. Too much for me. Even if the roads were passable the thought of riding for 6 more days in the rain were a deal breaker. Next try I will take my KLR (frost heaves are an ass killer on a road King) and go in July. Had 4 great days of dry riding and the Ice Field Parkway in Alberta was just AWESOME. Like the Tetons and Glacier Park on steroids.
Al

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Driving in the rain doesn't sound like much fun. I hate it in a car, can't imagine on a bike. Glad you had some dry weather an made it back safely.

You could have sent the rain this way......looking like another dry summer here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom