Bought the Sapphire upholstery tool today.

Becker

Name
Becker
Did 3 sofas and a chair today with it.

Been using the hydramaster one for years.

A few times I forgot I was on manual mode, been a long time since I've had a trigger on my upholstery tool.

Over all it seems like a pretty good tool.

Will just take time getting use to it.

Seems like a lot of plastic so I hope it holds up with lots of use.

dday

I had been considering the Sapphire Stryker wand alongside the Bentley, and I have to say that all that plastic on the Stryker is a bit of a concern to me. According to the website, all rotomolded parts are lifetime warranty. A closer look at the website and seems as thought that warranty extends only to the CDV filter box.

At any rate, be sure to register your uph tool at Sapphire's site for any future warranty issues:

http://www.sapphirescientific.com/SSX_W ... ation.aspx

Good Luck with the tool!

Becker

Name
Becker
Bob Foster said:
Just got my Sapphire Upholstery Tool from Pembertons today. I let you people know how I do with mine too. I see you can lock the trigger on for running it continuous.

http://www.pembertonstore.com/

Yeah, it seems better than the hydramaster one, but I think it will just take time to get use to.

I wonder how long the lock for the trigger wil last.

I like the vac relief, but no sight glass.

For $426.00 before tax in my hand I won't complain.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Had mine for a good year and a half. No problems yet. Pull out the four screws and check it for garbage build up. Only takes a sec. I also use mine on stair steps, just turn the water flow up, works great.

Becker

Name
Becker
Studebaker said:
Had mine for a good year and a half. No problems yet. Pull out the four screws and check it for garbage build up. Only takes a sec. I also use mine on stair steps, just turn the water flow up, works great.

Super lightly soiled I'd guess.

I have always liked just using a detailer for stairs, easy to do risiers and noses. . Never did like a stair tool.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I got mine from Jim P. last year and still looks like new, deff holds up.

Bob Foster

Studebaker said:

When are you going to design a stair tool Keith?

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
does it flow continuous or can you stop it like a regular upholstery tool. I have a porti or can you only use it with truck mount. Im just thinking about how much water and chemical i would be burning if i used it. Normaly, i can do like a sofa, a love and a chair with one bucket. excluding prespray.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
After using a Prochem tool for 7 years the Saphire is kinda novel. Don't miss the slobbering on microfiber and similar fabrics. What psi are you guys using with the Saphire?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jarred you need one with all the fine fabrics you see. It controls your water better, less mess you can trigger it for your portable or continous if you ever need to or should you some day up grade to a TM. Contact Jim Pemberton if your local distributor doesn't carry them.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
TM will never work in NYC. its a total waste of money. Porti is the best way to go for me. as long as the flow is not continuous, and i could use it on my machine, then maybe i will give it a whirl. I normally just let the detergent ( presprays and rinse ) do most of the work. I don't have to use much water.

Todd Anthony

Do you guys think that one pass is enough rinse for the medium soiled areas in order to remove the soil and prespray? I'm Still trying to get use to mine coming from the Prochem tool. Continuous flow will drain your stock tank FAST.

S

sam miller

Studebaker said:

As well as it holds up I would be scared to hit a nail or tacless and damage my $400.00 plus uph tool. I have a 2 jet mini aw29 for steps that is perfect! But its your money do as you wish.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you guys think that one pass is enough rinse for the medium soiled areas in order to remove the soil and prespray?
I can see doing that around the outside back and arms of a piece. However even with a good precondition I might make a quick second pass just to pickup anything I might not have gotten on the first.

Follow it up with another quick vacuum pass and a wipe down with a terry cloth towel and you should be good.

Becker

Name
Becker
sam miller said:
Studebaker said:

As well as it holds up I would be scared to hit a nail or tacless and damage my $400.00 plus uph tool. I have a 2 jet mini aw29 for steps that is perfect! But its your money do as you wish.

I tried it on some lightly soiled stairs. After about 2 I thought. Hmm if tack strip can tear up my glide. Then what will it di to this tool.

Don't think I'll be using it on anything but upholstery.

Bob Foster

Made me stop and think about that too. I still us an upholstery tool on some stairs but not that many as I use my Bentley stair tool most of the time.

Still haven't used my Sapphire yet but I just got a call to go do a Barfliner.

Bob Foster

I got called to clean the fabrics and carpet on a motor home (don't do too many) and it was previously owned by a smoker. I've been asked to clean the fabric ceiling too so we'll see. Lots of different types of surfaces to clean. Will take pictures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom