Brand new! Help please!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Tons of good stuff right there for any new guy.

This place and the people who contribute helped me to leave my full time state job at the community college almost 6 years ago.

We had just moved into a brand new market when I broke my tibia and fibula in a less than macho motorcycle mishap. I started to read on this board, a lot. I had zero else going on. Eventually I engaged by asking questions.

My enthusiasm was stoked for my craft. I already had a fair amount of cleaning experience but I was trained in each of 4 companies, to spray my way in and suck my way out with a wand. It got old and I was trying to keep up with competition's low advertised prices.

The only difference between me and them was I was actually leaving with only $99.

That's where the full time job came in.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Zee I would be willing to curse at you now if you think it would fulfill something you felt you missed out on. :shifty:

:biggrin:

Rookie. Before you flounder around with stock scatalogical euphamisms and threadbare phrases, you should invest in Old Coastie's course in "How to Hurt Feelings in Ten Words or Less."

For example, you call someone a "fooker" when actually he is a "vibrating ass-faced goat."

Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope and $100 for course details.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
someone got "reported"??
is that why the thread format changed?

geeze....if posts like mine or Chevy's bothers him, wait til he gets his first call back

"my carpet is still wet after three days and there's a odor now" :eekk:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rookie. Before you flounder around with stock scatalogical euphamisms and threadbare phrases, you should invest in Old Coastie's course in "How to Hurt Feelings in Ten Words or Less."

For example, you call someone a "fooker" when actually he is a "vibrating ass-faced goat."

Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope and $100 for course details.
:eekk:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
someone got "reported"??

geeze....if posts like mine or Chevy's bothers him, wait til he gets his first call back

..L.T.A.
Now correct me if'n I'm wrong but you sure have been trouble since you got back.

Sure missed ya! :biggrin:

FredC

Village Idiot
someone got "reported"??

..L.T.A.
No the thread format changed because it was promoted to a front page article......

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I will throw my two pennies into the pot of advice. (I have not read all six pages so I do appologize if this has been covered, just don't have the patience)
I would suggest that you look at the 100* line that mytee has. They are a little bit lighter than the ltd line and will give you similar performance. You could also look at the namco manufacturing line of portables. The design is really user friendly. Out side of that I would suggest that you look for a portable with 2 3 stage vacuum motors and adjustable 500 psi pressure. 2 inch vac tubing would be a plus if you can get it. There are many companies that make such a machine, but where they all differ is in weight distribution. Think about pulling that portable up three flights of stairs in 80degree heat. The best portable available that has all the weight in the front will be cursed at and hated by the second floor. I have expierence with that so trust me. Also see what is available in your local distributors. Mytee may be what you want but if you have to order parts when things break you will be loosing money each day you have to wait.
I will make myself available if you would like to do a ride along. PM me if interested.
See if you can make it to either Mikey's fest or to the expierence in Vegas in September. Just starting out you may find the expierence to be better as you will be able to see more things/companies.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Mikey P

Administrator
someone got "reported"??

..L.T.A.

I turned it into an article. Not sure why the op bailed.

But I can guess.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
He bailed as soon as he realized Taco is a douchebag with a deep-seeded hatred for portable equipment which no doubt stems from his insecurities about the size of his pecker.

Didn't take too long to figure it out either.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Tisk tisk...like the world needs another POS porty cleaner.

:winky:

Surely the world does not.

What the world does need is more cleaners who are skilled in the "craft" of utilizing and operating portable equipment.

:rockon:

One more thing sh!t-for-brainz.................

It's pointless to keep beating the age-old "TM's are better" argument to death as if anybody really disagrees with it.

Any sh!thead could successfully make that argument, as you have just shown.

This being true in no way changes the fact that for many operators and operations, at different stages of their growth, portable equipment is the best choice.

It's like someone arguing that you shouldn't no one should use a 33 blower merely because a 47 is better, which is true, when there are many other factors to consider.

It comes down to which choice is the best "fit" for the particular operators unique needs, not which is stronger.

That same argument is valid when comparing a porty to a entry level TM.

A TM is not the best "fit" for every operation.

Whether or not your a sh!tty hack or not is something else completely, not your equipment.

Look how far GeeAus has come along.

Much like your wife, I don't know why I even waste my time with you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom