Brian R. - OP questions for you....

Name
Damon
Actually, I guess this applies to any OP/HOS user....

Where did you get your HOS? Were you able to secure a good deal? How do you keep your pads clean?

For those that are in the know: How does HOS stand up to the other OP machines like Challenger, etc.?

I need/want one.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The HOS is comparible to the Challenger, actually I'd prefer the Orbot w/SprayBorg. I can get you a good price and set you up with a nice starter package (selection of pads/chems).
Several people on the board sell them, I'll be competitive.

Marc Imbesi

I have both a Challenger and a HOS Orbot....

Ordered my Orbot through Steve Smith @ Vacaway. http://vacaway.com/vaMachines/hos/index.htm Price was right from the start and customer service is second to none. Vacaway throws in a nice amount of encap products, free. Was shipped free, but I had to pick it up at a local YRC depot (no biggy...was 40miles away)

The Orbot is sweet! Very easy to maneuver in and out of homes, up and down stairs, as well as when cleaning. Wheels up for a more aggressive cleaning. Handle folds for smaller footprint in Truck. SprayBorg option a must for commercial use, but I take it off easily during residential cleaning. Tile and Grout brush wayy better than Challengers. Weight set easy to attach/remove. Looks like no other, and certainly doesnt look like it was built in someones garage. Speaking of garages....I now use the Challenger solely for cleaning garage floors. My Orbot is too good for them...lol!

Feel free to call me with any more questions. Good luck!

Name
Damon
Marc Imbesi said:
any more questions. Good luck!

Thanks, Marc.

How's the OP method hold up with nasty resi?

Does that Spray Borg really help with commercial if the OP process requires an extended amount of dwell time?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Matt,
Pretty much what Jeremy and Marc said. Both of them have been doing it longer than me.

From a marketing standpoint I can comment a little further.

Besides the Orbot really working well the image was what really made me look into it.

The things you bring into a customers home need to be clean and they need to look like they're there to do a great job.

The look of the Orbot just says "professionalism" I've gotten more "wows" etc with the orbot than I ever did bringing in a wand.
For you steamers...it was "wow" in a good way. lol

I've cleaned the nastiest places and had them looking, smelling and feeling awesome.
Here is a before and after of sorts.

Image is everything. The owners gave me 2 great reviews on Yelp and Google. It's been happening like this more often than not.

Great machine.

beforeandafter9.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah I tried that once and it was a clean as it possibly could ever get. :lol:

The guy emailed me this morning...no kidding. He says it still looks great.

I put his review on my Review page too...Actually it was his wife that did the review.

Here
Carpet Cleaning Reviews Plano TX

It's right under the jumping lady.

Marc Imbesi

thecleaningdude said:
Marc Imbesi said:

Thanks, Marc.

Does that Spray Borg really help with commercial if the OP process requires an extended amount of dwell time?

SprayBorg is used to lay the encap down ahead of you, so you're not OPing, but straight Encapping (scrub and run, some will say), thus always pushing the Orbot along instead of back and forth.

As far as rat nasties, Padcapping with the Orbot and Peroxcellent (Vacaway) hasn't let me down yet. Vacaway has 2 new products called Intensity Red and Intensity Green that are supposed to be even better, but I havent placed an order yet.

Scott Rogers

thecleaningdude said:
Marc Imbesi said:

Thanks, Marc.

They dont. nasty residential should be thoroughly flushed with HWe. You may be able to make it look decent with OP, but no way my conscience would allow me to let some little kid crawl around on it with out at least a good HWE flush and likley a good OP pre-scrub first.

thecleaningdude said:

Dwell time isnt that important with the good encap chems they are making now a days. If you run across a situation where you think it would help you could pre-treat the areas with a pump up/battery spray then clean as normal. But to be honest if it is really necessary to pretreat and dwell you really should be HWE that one IMO.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been boosting the Peroxcellent with Intensity Red.
You get the power of peroxide to get the organic stuff and the IRed to get the greasy soils.

If you really do a good job padcapping I believe the end result is a clean carpet. You can check between the carpet fibers and see that there isn't any soil left behind.

If you don't get all the soil then the encap product takes over and you can vacuum the rest out.

I myself try to make sure the carpet is clean everytime.

HWE is a great process and I don't bash it to anyone. It's just a little overkill for me....and I've done it for years.

Dry vac as much as possible first and most of your work is done.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I would place one more vote for the HOS and I have an easy glide. I can never get the results seen those pics so I went back to HWE and only use the EG rarely.

As for keeping your pads clean the only thing that works is NON use. The best way I found was to run them through the wash twice the second time with as much bleach as you dare.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, keeping the pads "looking" clean is an issue.

The process is aggresive enough that pad replacement is more often than I would like.

Durapads clean up the best but they don't clean the best.

I'm getting to like glad pads and they are of an off white color so they don't look as bad when they get bad.

Superzorbs are the best I've used yet...but they look like holy hell after a few uses. The dingleberry boogers are the worst.

Name
Bruce
Brian R said:
Hey Matt,
Pretty much what Jeremy and Marc said. Both of them have been doing it longer than me.

Besides the Orbot really working well the image was what really made me look into it.

The things you bring into a customers home need to be clean and they need to look like they're there to do a great job.

The look of the Orbot just says "professionalism" I've gotten more "wows" etc with the orbot than I ever did bringing in a wand.

I've cleaned the nastiest places and had them looking, smelling and feeling awesome.

Image is everything. The owners gave me 2 great reviews on Yelp and Google. It's been happening like this more often than not.

Great machine.

beforeandafter9.jpg

Why does the carpet have wand marks in it? and a nice perfect straight line from a round machine? never used one , just asking.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bruce Humphrey said:
[quote="Brian R":14mmysjg]Hey Matt,

Great machine.

beforeandafter9.jpg

Why does the carpet have wand marks in it? and a nice perfect straight line from a round machine? never used one , just asking.[/quote:14mmysjg]

I cleaned half of the room and then Groomed it...those area groom marks.

If you go straight across with a round machine it still makes straight lines.

Name
Damon
Thank you for the feedback so far, much appreciated.

Brian, Marc - the pics look great.

Question for all:

How much more dirt is removed via HWE? This is the process I use now, but when we leave the carpet is wet and will remain so for 'X' amount of time. HWE does not remove 100% of the dirt, grime and all the other caca.

Does anybody actually know?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You'll never remove 100% of the dirt with any process other than pulling and submerging the carpet.

But as soon as you re install it.....it will be dirty again.

No way around that.

But speaking realistically.

If you work at padcapping a carpet, you will be able to get it as clean as with any other process. Carpet is only 1/4 inch deep.

Anyone can clean a carpet with just about any process and get most of the soil...it really depends on the guy doing it.

Scott Rogers

Brian R said:
If you work at padcapping a carpet, you will be able to get it as clean as with any other process. Carpet is only 1/4 inch deep.

Anyone can clean a carpet with just about any process and get most of the soil...it really depends on the guy doing it.

I have been pad cleaning way longer then you. You are dead wrong! Quit believing all the salesmen hype and get down at and look at and feel those carpets.

As a professional carpet cleaner it is your job to choose the right tool for the job! Some times that right tool is VLM some times is HWE, many times it both used in conjunction.

I own 3 OP machines, 3 CBM's ,TM , High performance porty, 2 Roto vac power wands and the badest custom RX20 ever made. I know damn well what each of these machines is capable of and what it will take to meet a quality and sanitary level I would accept for my customers.

There is a reason many of these long time OP only cleaners are now buying high powered portys and TM's (Padden Mcfadden, Jeff Brown, Ect.)

Scott Rogers

Brian R said:
1978 Scott....you?

Years in Trade: 20 from your profile, doesnt quite make it back to 78 does it. And we are talking pad cleaning not chemdry bonnet cleaning. Bonnet cleaning with a slow speed buffer is crap compared to OP/pad cleaning.

You bought your first OP what a year ago, so dont start acting like a expert now.

So truth is you have been pad cleaning a year at best. And use it on a very limited basis as you are not and havent been in quite some time a day to day carpet cleaner. Your daily job is marketing not cleaning, not that there is any thing wrong with that. How ever you are far from qualified to make those statements.

There is a reason some of the country's premiere long time OP cleaners have recently switched from OP only to Op and HWE. And that reason is Neither tool is appropriate for every situation, But used in conjunction with each other they cant be beat.

Next time you spray your Peroxcellent on the carpet and smear dog shit around with the pad, think about whether you would be comfortable with YOUR KID crawling around on it!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh stop.

My professional career started when I was 18 in 89. I'll change my profile. :roll:

But I ran the buffer plenty before that.

If the carpet is clean I'm happy...and so are my customers.

I've never claimed to be the top of the line best carpet cleaner in the world....because I dont need to be...nobody does.

If the dirt is coming with a pad or bonnet then the dirt is coming out.

What do you think is happening to it?

Scott Rogers

Brian R said:
Oh stop.

My professional career started when I was 18 in 89. I'll change my profile. :roll:

So what was 89 or 78, the problem with lies is its hard to keep them all straight.

Brian R said:
But I ran the buffer plenty before that.

So are you saying using a buffer with loopy bonnets is the same a running a OP with cotton or blended pads? If so this speaks volumes about your qualifications to speak on such topics

Brian R said:
If the carpet is clean I'm happy...and so are my customers.

Sure I agree, if you can get it clean!!!!

Brian R said:
I've never claimed to be the top of the line best carpet cleaner in the world....because I dont need to be...nobody does.

If the dirt is coming with a pad or bonnet then the dirt is coming out.

What do you think is happening to it?

Sure you pull soil off the carpet, you also spread alot of it around leave tons of it in the base. Smear fices, puke, and piss around rather then extracting it is where I have a major issue.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Scott Rogers said:
So what was 89 or 78, the problem with lies is its hard to keep them all straight.
Ok, let me spell it out. :roll:
I was a helper in 78 or so but I could clean pretty well..I would have been around 8 years old. I didn't run my own van until I was 18 and pretty much ran my parents company then.
What's the deal with people yelling "liar" when they just don't understand? Good grief.

Scott Rogers said:
So are you saying using a buffer with loopy bonnets is the same a running a OP with cotton or blended pads? If so this speaks volumes about your qualifications to speak on such topics
No, that's just what I did first. It's absorbing the dirt one way or the other. The chems are a lot different now too. You should know this Scott.

Scott Rogers said:
Sure you pull soil off the carpet, you also spread alot of it around leave tons of it in the base. Smear fices, puke, and piss around rather then extracting it is where I have a major issue.
What's the difference between what you just said and prespraying the carpet and diluting the urine etc and therefore "spreading it around"? Either way you have to break it lose and extract it. If you think you're getting it all up with a vacuum, this speaks volumes about YOUR qualifications to speak on such topics. lol

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Scott Rogers said:
[quote="Brian R":g29hfl6a]1978 Scott....you?

Years in Trade: 20 from your profile, doesnt quite make it back to 78 does it. And we are talking pad cleaning not chemdry bonnet cleaning. Bonnet cleaning with a slow speed buffer is crap compared to OP/pad cleaning.

You bought your first OP what a year ago, so dont start acting like a expert now.

So truth is you have been pad cleaning a year at best. And use it on a very limited basis as you are not and havent been in quite some time a day to day carpet cleaner. Your daily job is marketing not cleaning, not that there is any thing wrong with that. How ever you are far from qualified to make those statements.

There is a reason some of the country's premiere long time OP cleaners have recently switched from OP only to Op and HWE. And that reason is Neither tool is appropriate for every situation, But used in conjunction with each other they cant be beat.

Next time you spray your Peroxcellent on the carpet and smear dog shit around with the pad, think about whether you would be comfortable with YOUR KID crawling around on it!![/quote:g29hfl6a]

Scott,
You are wasting your BREATH..."my freind"...This guy is a COMPULSIVE liar... :oops:
He can NOT help himself..."I like Brian."...However, he has been sPeWiinG his GARBAGE
on this forum...Waaaaaaaay to long.. :cry:

He is TRUELY... a carnival barker..The SAD part of this ...is that any NEW cleaner or reader
of cleaning forum's...ARE GETTING HORRIBLE ADVICE... thathurts Cleaners of his ILKE...Do
more damage to our Industry than you can IMAGINE... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

He promotes bUllShiT websites...ALL LIES...!!!!
The use of inFerIor cleaning METHODS..."for residential cleaning"...!!!
Preys on substandard "sub-contractors".... TThen STEALS the easy jobs for himself...!!!

TOTAL PHONEY... :oops: :oops: :oops:Yet has moderator status on this FINE BOARD.. :roll:

JUST SCROLL ON BY.....You will sleep better at night.. !gotcha!

ps ..It is just a battle between the HAVE'S & the HAVE NOT'S...He has nothing... :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Funny Harper...you are so full of shit and yourself...one in the same.

You con guys into buying way too much equipment to help them go under....that's just wrong.

I help guys get jobs and steer clear of guys like you.

You're the one who takes work from people who are dieing and act like you are helping them.

You point your finger at me to keep the heat off of you.

Name 1 thing I've ever lied about.....ever.

Come on hot shot...name one thing.

It's one thing to call a guy a liar and "smear" his name but it's another to actually be right about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom