Brick paver repair, clean & seal

Jamesh921

Name
James
OK, I have this major oil company that has given me LOTS of work.

They ask me to fix some brick pavers at the entrance of their main office (about a 2x8 area). However, they then wanted me to clean and seal the entire porch and steps (about 276 sq. ft.)

Since the repair was right in front of the entrance to their company, most of my time there was spent after 5:00 pm. That's fine with me. I'm not looking to charge them extra for working after 5:00. I was just wondering what would be a fair price to charge for the work I did.

Day 1: Chip up existing loose tiles (brick pavers) and clean up sub-floor (about 16 sq. ft). Took me about 3 hours because the thinset was pretty hard to remove and get the sub-strate acceptable.

Day 2: Seal the pavers the night before installation - Install tiles the next day.

Day 3: Grout the pavers and try to make the patch-repair look like it WASN"T a repair (did good).

Day 4: Powerwash and clean ALL 276 sq. ft. of tile. Let dry. Apply sealer to all tile and grout by using a paint roller.

What would you charge for this service?

Thanks

Bob Foster

Major oil company's are more interested in good work than a cheap price. Charge fair but on the higher side.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
The fact that they approved for the job to be completed without a estiment shows you they are not concerned about the cost. I would charge them a fair but profitable price that they won't hesitate to call you back and refer your services. I love doing the jobs where price isn't questioned, however I never gouge a client and I believe this reflects in our reputation.

Having time to post while we wait on the restaurant shift leader that has apparently overslept!

Jamesh921

Name
James
I only have about 8 hours total invested in the job.

Plus, it wasn't the only job I was working on.

They could have replaced the entire porch for 2500.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom