Bridgepont Flex vs Esteam Attack

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been using Attack since 95. Got a sample and tried it on some black coming out of the kitchen and poof! Gone.
When I clean restaurants, its my first choice. It calls for 16oz in a 4:1 hydroforce sprayer but I've rarely used it that strong, only on the really worst carpets.
When I clean nasty residential, I'll mix a little Attack with Judson S&G, that kicks butt!

I've been trying the Flex with Citrus as well. It works ok but it doesn't have the BANG I get when I use Attack or S&G.
Of the 3, the Flex is the cheapest for me to buy, but its my 3rd choice.

If you want some scent for your resi jobs, try O2 or the normal Suspend. Suspend Free is nice cause ,,,well, its Free, no butyls, etc etc. Suspend has a bit of a mint scent to it. Haven't used it in quite a while since I got using the O2. Its got a good concentration, I think 1-2oz/gal, or is it 2-4. I can buy it locally as well so that is an advantage for it.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Thanks, Ron. What is it about the S&G that is good for nasty residential? And what is the ratio Attack to S&G that you use? Does it change depending on condition of the carpets, type of soil etc?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The S&G I use at 1oz/gal or a little less. ie I'll put 4oz in a hydroforce with no tip (4:1 mixing ratio) I have a 2 gal jug I put 4 oz , fill that and then pour that in my HF. This way I get the same mix every time. Adding just 2 more oz gives some really great results when its really bad. I scrub it in well with a CRB and give a good dwell time.
I'll put in about the same for of Attack.
When its really nasty I'll put in an extra 2oz of each.
The Attack breaks down a lot of the organics and grease. The S&G is doing the same but will also break more basic soils, and has the peroxide part for whitening. I've used S&G on wine and it works well.
I'll put in the Flex in the same way for a booster at times. No real science behind my useage and its hard to compare as no job is quite the same another. I know the Flex has more citrus so if its got more oils I'll use that. Plus the Flex is cheaper for me to use.

You'll have to invest in some and try it yourself. Everyone has their GO-TO mixes after a while. That's why the peroxides became popular as a booster.
Some times its just what you find is easily available at your suppliers.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
All you chemists! Wow! Somebody should develop an algorithm for this enigma! Thirty-six years using the same cleaning product, and have never had to look elsewhere for the magic bullet. Works on carpet & upholstery. Not to say that for caked on grease, which I rarely attempt anymore, there wouldn't be a more effective product.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have used the same product line for over 20 years. Only switching to the non butyl product in the same line several years ago.
We also try not to mix and boost products, if the situation forces us to, we make sure it is within the same product line.

I hate my guys trying to be bathtub chemists! :angry:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We have used the same product line for over 20 years. Only switching to the non butyl product in the same line several years ago.
We also try not to mix and boost products, if the situation forces us to, we make sure it is within the same product line.

I hate my guys trying to be bathtub chemists! :angry:

Back in the day when prochem had slurry and clean green and came out with California gold to compete with formula 90, guys would mix all three and say this is awesome.

Or 90 and slurry loaded into an extractor together boosted with ultrapac.

As long as they weren't going to smart and final throwing everything and the kitchen sink in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Well thanks for sharing what that wonderful product is Rob. Had I known about it 20yrs ago maybe I wouldn't have needed to try Attack or any of the others.

What product is on the market that hasn't been altered in some way in just the last 20yrs let alone 36??!!

As it is, I keep trying the new products cause they get more environmentally friendly, they get more concentrated, and they work better. First time I tried Attack I had used EVERY product I had on this area coming out of a kitchen...enzyme prespray, ammonia TLC, wouldn't touch it. Couple ozs of Attack and it melted off.
Some new stuff is a flop. Anyone remember Ramseys Premulsion? Cleaned pretty good, neutral pH, but OMG you couldn't breathe around it.

Back to this mix. I used today what I mentioned above, 4oz of Attack and 4 of S&G in a HF with no tip. Presprayed and scrubbed and rinsed with Esteem Ultra Release (customer vacuumed...yeah...I know :errf:). I'm just posting this because I got great results. Maybe it'll help someone, maybe it won't. But since the mix worked so well I'll probably try it again.

Before- cat vomit/hairballs. no urine, dog oils (English Mastiff-HUGE DOG!! Slobbers like crazy!)
20140826_103457_zpsdca32e4d.jpg
20140826_104740_zpse1b45269.jpg

Scrubbed
20140826_111135_zps2b8718d8.jpg
20140826_111733_zpsa5fea86e.jpg

And rinsing
20140826_121532_zps80d498b2.jpg
20140826_124427_zpsd12f17aa.jpg

20140826_120255_zps3a56173e.jpg

Feel free to post some pics Rob. Had I moved back to my home area we probably would've met. Best cleaners in my area are Durrers out of Hanover and Weilers out of Walkerton. Everyone else I checked into like Saugeen CC seemed to be about the average cleaner.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Most cleaners don't know about all the changes that have been made to their favorite chemical program.
It's amazing to me how attached we can get to the products.

Reactions: Ron Werner

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Nice, Ron! I did not know that Esteam has another acid rinse. I didn't like their Fibre Rinse because it smells like a swimming pool to me. How is the Ultra release different?
I currently rinse with Pro's Choice last Step unless it's really dirty and not olefin.I'm pretty happy with that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom