^$#^*%^*^&(^% Brush Pro)*)(*&%*^&$&%(()

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers
Sorry I posted this earlier with an old ID...

Guys...to prevent this:

View attachment 71953

Try running your power cable like this:

View attachment 71955 View attachment 71956
View attachment 71957 View attachment 71958 View attachment 71959

This results in less binding and crimping of the cord where it enters the machine side plate.

As far as the breaker/thermorelay is concerned, these machines need good clean power to keep the components happy. Bad power = component failure.

The top reasons for breaker failure are:

1- Too light or too long a power cord is used to power machine. We spec a 12 gauge - 50' cord. Once you go beyond 50', it is downhill from there. Try to avoid that...

2- Brushes were not broken in well when machine was first started. New brushes act like super strong velcro on carpet so you must break them in before use on carpet by running machine on wet clean concrete for 3-5 minutes. Just knock the tips off...

3- Power source is weak. Did the lights dim when you started your machine? Situations where the outlet is loaded with household power eaters can starve the machine as well.

While these steps can help avoid tripping the breaker, sometimes it could be the carpet itself that puts up a fight.

Keep in mind - Breakers get weaker as they trip so seek healthy power sources and only use a 50' 12 gauge cord to make your CRB smile.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
On my Hydrowasher I put a lighted switch between the motor and the pigtail. It is zip tied to the frame so everything is slightly flexible. I hated the handle position-activated switch and consider it a safety hazard.

Now I KNOW it is off when I plug in and can tip the machine to relieve starting drag. The brushes are up to speed whan I lower it back down. Do it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
No problems so far with my 10".. It gets beat to hell! I did take it apart once for the hell of it.. Switching brushes more often helps a bunch with the brush drive shaft..

Name
Steve Lawrence
@Steve Lawrence Your fired..... :lol:

When stuff breaks on the job with me, I try to figure it out right then and there..... I've bypassed my on/off switch on my 360i and used the pigtail on it to turn it off when I needed too... lol, I find a way to finish the job.... I hate when sh!t breaks... Speaking of which my Windsor CRB needs a new red off button.... I have to hold down the green button to keep it running...:dejection:
We had a 10" with us so job got finished nicely :rockon:without cheating.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Both machines have 14 gauge 25' chords. My 10" has been bulletproof but the 15" is tripping. I haven't broken in the white brushes so I'll try that next.
IMG_6004.JPG

Reactions: Mikey P

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
did not solve my problem.. I will have to get a hold of him today...
Jim, I called Reg and he took care of me. I was back in business yesterday on 3000' with no problems. replaced the relay, it took 4 screws and 2 minutes. I went to a 12 gauge chord now and all is well.

Their customer service is as good as it gets.

Reactions: J Scott W
Name
Steve Lawrence
Jim, I called Reg and he took care of me. I was back in business yesterday on 3000' with no problems. replaced the relay, it took 4 screws and 2 minutes. I went to a 12 gauge chord now and all is well.

Their customer service is as good as it gets.
How did you know your relay was bad?

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I think people in Austria screwed us Americans...Who knew? Just build things heavier like the "orbot"...we love the reliability of heavy sh-t...Actually, there is one person that could be blamed for all the brush pro promotions...LOL

Name
Steve Lawrence
I think people in Austria screwed us Americans...Who knew? Just build things heavier like the "orbot"...we love the reliability of heavy sh-t...Actually, there is one person that could be blamed for all the brush pro promotions...LOL
We love our Brush Pro's. Thanks to Mark and others. That's why I was so disappointed when my 20" went down after we babied it so much for the one year we've owned it.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom