Buckled up a little,

S

steamclean

I did an office carpet today and towards the end of the job a few of the rooms started to buckle a little, so I cut back on the heat. The wand was able to lift the carpet up a little bit even with the glide on.
I think it should settle down once it dries, or I hope it does.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steamclean said:
I did an office carpet today and towards the end of the job a few of the rooms started to buckle a little, so I cut back on the heat. The wand was able to lift the carpet up a little bit even with the glide on.
I think it should settle down once it dries, or I hope it does.

Probably nothing to do with the heat.
It's the moisture and a poor install

First time it happened to us, i FREEKED :shock:
Since then, I've seen some start to buckle just from pre-spray .

It should be just like it was before you started once completely dry

..l.T.A.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Happend to me on a down pour rain all day and the custy called 3 hrs later and said the carpet is a big lump,so i went and it was.i freeeeked as well.next day it was gone.

S

steamclean

I spoke to Jim Pemberton today about it, and he explained why it happens.
He is a very knowledgeable man.

Thank you Jim

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
First time that happened to me was a wool blend in a library of 10k sf.. Center of the room swelled up to about 4 foot diameter and 18 inches high. I nearly ran out of the building screaming. It did return to its shape, but man that was freaky!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Better buckling than shrinking.. Had a porty cleaner call us in to restretch a woven wool wilton. Its shrank nearly 6 inches all around the room.. As it comes to find out, the guy was pooring a bucket of sudsy water on the bad spots and trying to suck it up with his portable extractor :shock: Needless to say he doesn't clean carpets anymore as that one didn't restrtech! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom