Build or buy your truckmount

John Watson

Odin wrote:
putting one of those turds in a van mean no more A/C
Had AC with both the last Shaft drive vans, I won't have a cleaning van without it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
THIS is a driveshaft bracket...the offset part is where the A/C compressor mounts....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mr ODIN is fulla shit as a Xmas goose...and Mr Werner is as well...the Direct Drives are SOOOOO much easier to work on than a slide in!
My granddaughter could put a PTO unit in......I laugh when i see some of the comments on here!

DRIVESHAFTBRAKET.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
just relating what I've heard from PTO users Bob, never had one, only slide-ins.
I can't comment on yours, never seen one. Talked to a guy recently with a Butler, he was having fun fixing a water leak from somewhere.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ron Werner said:
just relating what I've heard from PTO users Bob, never had one, only slide-ins.
I can't comment on yours, never seen one. Talked to a guy recently with a Butler, he was having fun fixing a water leak from somewhere.

A smart man only believes half of what he hears. A wise man knows which half.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
THIS is a driveshaft bracket...the offset part is where the A/C compressor mounts....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mr ODIN is fulla shit as a Xmas goose...and Mr Werner is as well...the Direct Drives are SOOOOO much easier to work on than a slide in!
My granddaughter could put a PTO unit in......I laugh when i see some of the comments on here!

DRIVESHAFTBRAKET.jpg

Bawb is correct...!!!!

The main reason is your are working on JUST the "TM" components....Not an engine driving it

As far as Air conditioning...The Butler units have a ADDTIONAL grove on the harmonic
balancer to accommodate the EXTRA belt required to power the AC belt... !gotcha!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
bob vawter said:

DRIVESHAFTBRAKET.jpg

Bawb is correct...!!!!

The main reason is your are working on JUST the "TM" components....Not an engine driving it

As far as Air conditioning...The Butler units have a ADDTIONAL grove on the harmonic
balancer to accommodate the EXTRA belt required to power the AC belt... !gotcha!
'ZACKLY Harpman....my Genies use only ONE serpentine belt to turn everything....
WAY BETTER!
You know......people that don know....
jus don know!

rick imby

Name
Rick
What are you going to do? Spend your time and save money making a carpet cleaning machine or spend time making money cleaning carpet?

If you save $5000 making your own cleaning machine (and you won't) how much money could you have made in the same time promoting and working your business.

************Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
John Adams

Can I use my AT&T phone with Tracfone Service?

What is The Best Article Spinner?

How do I check my Remaining Tracfone Minutes?

Chris A

Name
Chris
TimP said:
They told me my lease would be the same thing as financing and I could pay down earlier and it would lower the principal like a loan. Well that's not the case. If you want to pay early they don't allow it. If you want out early add up your payments left and might lower it by a slight amount making it stupid to pay off early. If you consider what the interest rate is compared to regular financing you're getting ripped. I probably lost 6 grand at least in the deal compared to a financing deal if not more considering I could of paid principal down faster and avoided interest since get large payments in work durring summer and I could of dumped some extra cash towards the principal every year.

I believe Jim Martin did business with them when he started out too....I believe his experience was the same. Never again, interlink/aztec financial!!

Had a similar experience with them when inquiring about a refi/ early payoff. Very loansharky. Best to deal with a local bank unless your a start-up or have shitty credit.

Ryan

Can you imagine a lawn mower business trying to build their own zero turn mowers? lol

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
rick imby said:
What are you going to do? Spend your time and save money making a carpet cleaning machine or spend time making money cleaning carpet?

If you save $5000 making your own cleaning machine (and you won't) how much money could you have made in the same time promoting and working your business.

************Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
John Adams

Can I use my AT&T phone with Tracfone Service?

What is The Best Article Spinner?

How do I check my Remaining Tracfone Minutes?

Do you work for Interlink?

But seriously, I think you have a point. Time is a valuable commodity and its really not that much of a financial burden when you spread it out over a 4-5 years. Assuming you can get a good interest rate. I think I'll start shopping around for the best financing terms I can find. Too bad no one seems to like Interlink financing, when it comes to purchasing cleaning supplies I have had a very good experience with them.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Leepin' Lazareth....you GOT TO pay cash for yor equipment.......or it will suck you dry!

Chris A

Name
Chris
bob vawter said:
Leepin' Lazareth....you GOT TO pay cash for yor equipment.......or it will suck you dry!

we can't all be independantly wealthy...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Chris Adkins said:
[quote="bob vawter":2ceizehb]Leepin' Lazareth....you GOT TO pay cash for yor equipment.......or it will suck you dry!

we can't all be independantly wealthy...[/quote:2ceizehb]
if you can't raise $5000.00 for a Direct Drive...you should be flipping burgers till ya can!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Bob,

What's the newest van a Steam Genie will just bolt right in, and have you done (or seen) any custom installs in a newer van?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
IF you buy a new van for the new truckmount do what I am doing.

I went to ford and got my van financed thru ford credit (got a very low interest rate) After I had the van finance set up I told them to go and add the truckmount and whatever else I wanted at that time. They payed off the truckmount and tools and hoses etc to my distributor right away.

It brought my loan up to twice as much as the van alone, but I had a really low interest rate and it was just like any other car loan. 5 years and I can pay it off early if I wanted. I actually double some of my payments and bring down the principal balance quicker.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
dgardner said:
Bob,

What's the newest van a Steam Genie will just bolt right in, and have you done (or seen) any custom installs in a newer van?
That a/c braket is made for 97-02 chev..if you want to install in a later yr its a lot harder...but CAN be done!
The PLAN is ...
shop for a early van in states where they don't rust out...buy an o1 or 02 for UNDER four grand...put the genie in and wind up wit a Direct drive that will last 10 or 15 years!...when that van wears out you STILL have a Steam Genie...they DON'T wear out

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK...we'll forget dumbOdin....
i'm starting my econOgenie build... i had the blower and pump in for a while..
but now comes the plumbing....and water box wit the emusifier draw

ECONOG1.jpg

Prolly gonna do the instrument panel... NEXT

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
OMH.....how long have you guys had to get money for your stuff???

here is the BASICS of loan vs lease

Loan....Generally lower interest
Payoff early
no property taxes or other misc fees added
Write interest off, and machine is depriciated
More difficult to get

Lease....Higher interest
No early payoff
upfront money
adds in property taxes
Usually ALOT easier to get..
THE MAIN REASON FOR IT......BETTER TAX WRITE OFF...you get the whole payment for the term...not just depriciated..

there are the basics...there are other things...when all else fails....

ASK YOUR FOOKIN ACCOUNTANT, WHAT THEY THINK

or do what works best for you in your situation....

I had to lease my truck instead of finance....but it wasnt the worse thing...and its done in 6 mths shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i don understand WHY you guys jus don pay CASH for the machine....
it makes life...... SOOOOOO...
much sweeter!

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
floorguy said:
OMH.....how long have you guys had to get money for your stuff???

here is the BASICS of loan vs lease

Loan....Generally lower interest
Payoff early
no property taxes or other misc fees added
Write interest off, and machine is depriciated
More difficult to get

Lease....Higher interest
No early payoff
upfront money
adds in property taxes
Usually ALOT easier to get..
THE MAIN REASON FOR IT......BETTER TAX WRITE OFF...you get the whole payment for the term...not just depriciated..

there are the basics...there are other things...when all else fails....

ASK YOUR FOOKIN ACCOUNTANT, WHAT THEY THINK

or do what works best for you in your situation....

I had to lease my truck instead of finance....but it wasnt the worse thing...and its done in 6 mths shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

So is the kind of lease that has a $1 buyout? Or does it the truck go back to the owner?

Interlink is very gung-ho about leasing me a truckmount and know I know why. If I kept the vehicle for the entire term of lease I would end up paying close to $7,000 more than the cash price! The SS 370 was $17K after install, total of lease payments aprox $24.5K. ($1500 of which is sales tax) Translate that into a percentage and yer looking at roughly 25%. With a $1 buyout, what a deal :roll:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NOOO..you are ALL missing my point.......
sneak into Aunt Bettys purse an' STEL 12 grand...you'll have NO payments FOREVER!

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
bob vawter said:
NOOO..you are ALL missing my point.......
sneak into Aunt Bettys purse an' STEL 12 grand...you'll have NO payments FOREVER!

BAWB, your Genie is high on my list; I am debating transfering my existing HM 4.7 to a new vehicle with some modifications so that it can be belt driven, or buying one of your Genies. Problem is I am looking at purchasing a 2005-06 Chevy Express 2500. Is it possible to mount the Driveshaft you have in one of these vehicles and still keep A/C?

BTW, is that sharp 90 elbow at the blower a good idea for cfm? How about a smoother turn?

Scott Rogers

tman7 said:
BTW, is that sharp 90 elbow at the blower a good idea for cfm? How about a smoother turn?

Since the under driven blower only produces 1/2 the potential cfm anyway, any loss due to the sharp 90 restriction would be negligible. If you were forcing maximum CFM through that bend it would be much more of a issue.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Lee Stockwell said:
[quote="Ron Werner":384zzhol]not everyone has 12G as cash Bob

...and they NEVER will if they make stoopit lease choices.[/quote:384zzhol]

sometimes its the only way Lee...

banks (more so now) dont like to lend to people who show a small amount on the personal side....and it takes way to many damn hoops to make it work on the biz side...and thats IF they accept THAT..

We all dont have wifes who work out side the home to make up for MR self employeed

Name
Lee Stockwell
I don't either. Just start small and used, paying cash for each step up the ladder. If you start holding cash it's amazing some of the deals you can find.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
We all dont have wifes who work out side the home to make up for MR self employeed
ZACTLY...Doug!
a 4000 dollar nice Iowa 02 chevy truck.with 60 or 70 thousand mi and an EIGHT thousand dollar Steam Genie means you're as good as it gets...an DON haveta make up some excuse why yor running a portable....or some lawn mower engine that shakes itsef ta death in TWO YEARS
and IF you CAN'T raise TWELVE LARGE....
you SHOULD be doin' sumthin else....anyway!
and jus to make it EASIER for some of yous lunkhEDS...I'm buildin' an econOgenie...
that's about FIVE GRAND....
If someone NEEDS a good CC machine....yor crazie if ya don buy it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom