Business listings

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Does anyone know of a reputable company that can fix business listings. If you go to a website like yext .com type in your business info it will show all your directory listings for your business. Obviously you would want them all to be the same. I moved to another part of town, since I'm an owner-op I updated a few of the most important Google local, Bing etc. But never realized just how many listing for my business out there that are wrong. I was told by an SEO company/Rep this is bad for rankings especially Google local. I've looked into Yext. The reviews are horrible, STAY AWAY. I've considered doing it manually, and have begun to try to fix all the discrepancies but I have well over 70 inconsistent listings of my business which could take a long time to fix on my own. Anyone recommend a good company?

FredC

Village Idiot
70? Seriously do it yourself...1 or two a day

You'll learn more, the listings will be more complete, and you have access

Start with the major data providers infogroup, axciom, etc

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

FredC

Village Idiot
Sometimes the free update is hard to find on the big data providers

for instance on localeze use the search for biz form here
https://www.neustarlocaleze.biz/manage/#/cart

select your biz>add to cart>scroll down and select

I have chosen to continue with an unsubscribed listing. I understand that if I have modified the business information above, I will have used my once yearly update for this listing.

FredC

Village Idiot
combine and remove dupes.

also search incorrect info on the google and bing

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Stay away from the services, you will be stuck paying them forever!!!

Follow fred's advice, start with the brokers he listed. They will circulate your information to hundreds of other sites. Nowadays everyone is just licensing the info from them.
Takes 2-3 months to filter down, fyi.

Do all big ones yourself (top 10) and then see if you can find a teenager or someone to fill out the others.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I agree it's something you should do your self, even if only a few at a time if that's how you must do it.

Print out the list to keep track of the sites you fix, and keep track of all new user-names and passwords as some may require different security criteria.

Before you start, create a file of 6-8 pictures that represent your work and services, one of them being your logo or "Main" pic, as the majority of sites accept pics and you want to fill out most profiles as completely as possible.

Name each pic specifically, keeping SEO keywords in mind relevant to your location and the service offered...... don't leave the file names generic.

Set up the form filler in your browser (or form filler plug-in) with all your relevant business info so filling out contact info for each site is a breeze, and you don't have to keep typing in the same stuff repetitively.

Besides Yext, I have come across a few other similar services that you may also want to only query regarding your info.......

http://m1.adsolutions.yp.com/scan-o...ADnavbar&_ga=1.87258712.1977323110.1429423034

https://locu.godaddy.com/scanner/?regionsite=www&marketid=en-US&isc=gofd2003ac

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom