Business Phones

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Back in the day we use to all have an office line or more and we use to buy a local number in every city we wanted work in and made sure they were all listed in 411 directories. We also offered toll free numbers.

Now we are in a new era of phone technology. We still have local phone carriers but we also have VOIP. So whats your phone arrangement?

Mine:

1 local phone number thru my local phone company (Verizon) running on fios.
1 fax running VOIP thru company called VOIPO (good company by the way)
1 toll free also running thru VOIPO

Name
Bruce
We have one local number and a second number for a near by city that would be long distance for them to call us. I think we still have an 800 number but we don't advertise that on anything. I know some of the guys have switched to cell phones only , that would not be an option us as we answer the phone in office everyday all day.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Does using cell phones only have any impact? Is your cell phone listed in local directories?

Name
Yohance
We use a company name callfire for or local numbers and have them forwarded to the cell phone. It's cool because each city has a whisper so we know what area the city is calling from.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I have tracking numbers so different marketing pieces can be tracked. I purchased the numbers from the local phone company so I would get local recognized prefixes then I ported them to my tracking company. I pay 80 dollars for 10 lines. I can run reports and look up every call. A bargain in my book.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I have noticed with some call forwarding numbers to a cell. The cell doesn't pick up the call waiting. So it just rings on customers end

Problem I had 10 years ago when I move office 5 miles, a different carrier, forced to get another number

Can anyone point me the thread a while back where someone put all there remote call forwarding numbers with an online source?

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Thanks Richard ,

So I can port any, all my RCF numbers, doesn't matter my current phone company( currently century link and AT&T
And it's about 10$ mo
What kind of delay if any is there?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So looks like nobody is so concerned about being in the 411 local directory now as apposed to prefering google or yelp for people to find you.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We do a decent amount of volume so we have a full T from AT&T with a phone system capable of running 52 consecutive calls. We have rcf number in the cities we go to that port to the primary number. I negotiated whats called a Sun Package that allow unlimited free long distance.

FredC

Village Idiot
So looks like nobody is so concerned about being in the 411 local directory now as apposed to prefering google or yelp for people to find you.

there are ways to get cell/voip numbers added to 411 directories........

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We're looking at replacing our old PBX system. VoIP sounds good because we'd save about $500 a month in landline costs and can have any number of incoming or outgoing calls. But at this point the VoIP service companies all come across like cable companies; evade giving you the real costs until the contract is in front of you, and hope you don't notice they've left some vital parts out of the contract so they can become expensive change orders later.

Is there some phone company guild that says they have to act this way?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
L
there are ways to get cell/voip numbers added to 411 directories........

Would like to learn more. I've called and asked them to list them and they always say.... Okay done but never gets done.

Back
Top Bottom