Butler Inline Filter

americlean

Has anybody bypassed the Butler Inline Water Filter (1090) or used something other than the plastic butler part. Mine developed a hairline crack and am looking for something to prevent it from happening again (and butler wants $42 for their plastic part).

Thanks.

Mike Draper

just take the thing out, and don't use a filter. You will never have a problem as long as you keep the stainless steel screen in the waste tank clean once a week.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you can use a garden hose screen that they sell in hardware stores...for a washer!

about 15 cents......

G

bob vawter said:
you can use a garden hose screen that they sell in hardware stores...for a washer!

about 15 cents......

And then clean this one out once a week,you would be amazed at what comes out of the spickett :D

John Watson

A simple solution, even tho I have a screen washer in line at my hook up point so I can see the screen when hook up and disconect, If the hose or spicket does not look like it has been on in a while or before I hook my hose up I will run it for a few seconds not only to make sure it works, but to clear out any spiders or wasps.

Greenie

pic of broken part, and where it's located?

btw; it's amazing what $5 in epoxy can do in a pinch.

Back
Top Bottom