butler soft start problem

blaisesdaddy

Anyone else having problems with their soft start module? The original (2004) lasted until last spring. I've bought 2 since then with each crapping at after 6 months. I met a guy at Jim Pemberton's shop last summer who was experiencing the same issue on his '04. When I called and asked Butler if they had a bad batch of modules, they claimed ignorance. I can't imagine the issue is only happening in the state of Pennsylvania with two cleaners living on opposite sides of the state. It's very easy to bypass with a jumper, but wondering if it will harm the clutch if I bypass permanently?... is there another way to solve this problem?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
def dont want to bypass for long..i just replaced mine on my 07 about 6 months ago..no issues at all..are they making you buy a new one after 6 months or replacing it?

please keep us posted as you figure it out.

thanks
dave

blaisesdaddy

ok...good news. Yesterday, I got a call from Tom at Butler about my post. Turns out, Butler is going to comp me a new module. He said that sometimes the GM computer will kill the power to the module if the voltage drops too low. He suggested that I check the voltage as well as the ground next to the fuse box. My voltage was fine. The ground was clean with no corrosion. The crimps were in good shape. Visually, no problems. Afterwards, I jiggled the bundle of wires just to if that would help. When I plugged the module back in, it worked. Go figure. Fast forward to this morning...I get a call from Tim Clark at Butler. He tells me that he went back and checked to see if they've replaced more modules than usual, but didn't see any anomalies. After telling him that my voltage checked out, he asked how frequently I flush the blower. Typically, I do this twice a year. My last flush was 58 machine hours ago. He says Butler recommends flushing monthly because if there is any buildup on the lobes, it can put extra stress on the soft start process. So, when I got home, I flushed the blower. No problems here. The water looked good. I got the new part via UPS tonite, and will send back the faulty? one tomorrow. This is just one more example of how Butler is the best in the business.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
They have helped me more than once. Like I have stated many times. If someone were to give me any other unit I would sell it and buy another butler. My fleet vehicles for life

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom