Calling Joe from Service Monster

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Well it's been over a month since Joe from Service Monster last replied here on this thread.

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...loud-base-software-instead-of-service-monster

Among the things he claimed was that SM did at least monthly updates. Well the last update I saw was the "cross platform" update where SM now works on all operating systems. (Which to me was NOT an upgrade since I only need it to run on MY system, which it already did.) The cross platform upgrade came out like at the end of last year I believe.

So Joe, what's the scoop?

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't know anything about updates, but I got on my wife's iPad yesterday to see how SM worked with it, and managed to rearrange a whole weeks schedule with one swipe of my finger!

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I told you not to do that 6 months or more ago.

If you weren't so busy jerking off to *** videos you would have noticed.

Do not touch the screen AT ALL when looking at SM in Mobile.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Hmmm... is that crickets I hear chirping.

Oh and I can't send emails thru the program, although SM gives you the illusion like you can make up emails and send them.

CORRECTION: You can make them up and send them. That's not an illusion. It's just that nobody ever receives them.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We have no problem sending emails. We send one when the client books.

We probably have 15-20 different ones done up and send off daily.

I would agree it would help if it some how it linked in a Outlook file so you can see what you sent.

We BCC to a email account we have set up so we have a record of what was sent. We can go to that account check for the email and then resend. Sure helps when a client says I never got a email.

Hmmm... is that crickets I hear chirping.

Oh and I can't send emails thru the program, although SM gives you the illusion like you can make up emails and send them.

CORRECTION: You can make them up and send them. That's not an illusion. It's just that nobody ever receives them.

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
We have no problem sending emails. We send one when the client books.

We probably have 15-20 different ones done up and send off daily.

I .

Hmmm... I guess I need to give SM a call. I don't send that many thru SM, (usually use Outlook) but I sent one the other day and BCC myself and neither I nor the customer got it. It happened before but I hadn't BCC myself so I couldn't blame SM and I was so busy I forgot it happened so I never called SM about it. I will this time for sure!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would say check the spam folders to but you probably already did that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
We've had 4 releases since then. We have hired a new project manager and a dedicated trainer as well. Sometimes we don't broadcast the releases. But we're getting better with the new staff. Mobile 2.5 is in final review, google calendar sync is done and in beta, and a new report server has been built just to name a small few of the 30 plus bugs/features we have addressed.
Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan

hogjowl

Idiot™
Again, this morning, I couldn't log in. Normal log in screen wouldn't come up. So, I had to go searching! Found another one. Turns out it was the Chem Dry login screen. My home screen was unrecognizable.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
We've had 4 releases since then. We have hired a new project manager and a dedicated trainer as well. Sometimes we don't broadcast the releases. But we're getting better with the new staff. Mobile 2.5 is in final review, google calendar sync is done and in beta, and a new report server has been built just to name a small few of the 30 plus bugs/features we have addressed.

That's all good to hear. I look forward to see new things.

"Sometimes" you don't broadcast the release? I haven't seen or heard of ANY new features.

You said on a post you have changes MONTHLY.I suggest you should consider carefully your words that you put into print.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
I always consider my words, written or not (spelling not withstanding). All of those statements are true.

You guys have to remember we have clients at all levels, custom development of the ServiceMonster platform, call centers, franchiseeeeees, single owner operators and ServiceMonster is used across the world! That means multiple data centers and multiple versions.

It's like this, does Amazon talk about their release cycles? How about google or yahoo? While we are not nearly as massive as any of those, ServiceMonster has 500,000 plus lines of code, and over 20 supporting applications.

Relating back to cleaners, how many if you KNOW your clients know about all of the products and services you offer? What if you introduced new services daily? How much effort are you expected to put into making sure that all know what's going on? For the vast majority of cleaners, this is their second biggest mistake (next to client retention efforts).

We try to reduce the noise to items you might care about because you don't listen to us when we post, blog, newsletter, and TSB you guys to death.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Joe

While we and the cute homeless puppies and kittens of Southerner Nevada have your attention, what would you like to donate to the raffle we're having at The Mikey's Experience in September?

All proceeds go to critters so dig deep.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Well done Mike. :-)

I saw your email, just super busy, we'll get something in their for ya'

Reactions: Mikey P

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I always consider my words, written or not (spelling not withstanding). All of those statements are true.

You guys have to remember we have clients at all levels, custom development of the ServiceMonster platform, call centers, franchiseeeeees, single owner operators and ServiceMonster is used across the world! That means multiple data centers and multiple versions.

It's like this, does Amazon talk about their release cycles? How about google or yahoo? While we are not nearly as massive as any of those, ServiceMonster has 500,000 plus lines of code, and over 20 supporting applications.

Relating back to cleaners, how many if you KNOW your clients know about all of the products and services you offer? What if you introduced new services daily? How much effort are you expected to put into making sure that all know what's going on? For the vast majority of cleaners, this is their second biggest mistake (next to client retention efforts).

We try to reduce the noise to items you might care about because you don't listen to us when we post, blog, newsletter, and TSB you guys to death.

I get what your saying... Your doing a lot of different things that don't affect your whole customer base. Understandable. But I don't go telling my customers about things I do that don't affect them and pass it off as a benefit to THEM. Because it is NOT a benefit to them.

For me, I've not seen or heard any updates that benefit ME. Even your "big" announcement of the Cross Platform release (which was how long ago?) meant nothing to me. Your software already worked on what I have. I've talked to your people and suggested several things I'd like to see. Haven't seen a thing.

Maybe Amazon, Google, yahoo, whoever understand that and THAT is why they don't announce release cycles, ya think?

Last edited:

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
I hear you and that's why I'm here dressing it. That's why we put money into new project management and training and documentation.

We will be doing a much better job

Of letting everyone know exactly what's in it for them.

As for how our current releases have not affected you, they have allowed me to double my development staff, grow our support staff, and have a greater understanding of what you actually need (or more importantly HOW you need it).

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom