Can quatAlot replace microban?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
No

have you sprayed QaL and left it to dry like Microban?

The QaL is a sticky goo film the next day.
It MUST be rinsed

..L.T.A.

TimP

Don't microban resoil too?? And isn't resoil and carpet warranty the least of your concern when drying carpet.

There are directions for water jobs on the quat-a-lot label. I think you're supposed to use dd-12 with it too.

Greenie

In dilution Q.A.L. does not resoil, actually it can clean on it's own merit...kinda crazy but true. It's a very free rinsing product, something you won't see in other Quat products.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok everyone say this together. FIBERLOCK..

IAQ2000=.28 RTU Gallon
Shockwave=.62-1.24 RTU Gallon

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Shockwave is very good stuff, it's a good seller. I have better sales with Sporicidin though.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Leslie Judson Jones said:
Quat-A-Lot RTU is .59 a gallon.

But what sets Quat-A-Lot apart from the rest is at 1oz to a gallon the PPM is 1,980.

LES

Is it EPA Registered?

Is it EPA Registered?[/quote:4sinfabo]

NOPE and it will never be.

IF I paid the cost to register Quat-A-Lot plus the $2,500 per state per year cost , I would have water down the Quat-A-LOT like all the registered ones are.

JUDSON LABORATORIES
Serving the Cleaning Industry Since 1959

EXTREMELY POWERFUL

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AS A
DISINFECTANT, SANITIZER OR FOR GERM CONTROL

QUAT-A-LOT IS FOR ODOR ELIMINATION
USE IN EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES

ANIMAL URINE, CAT SPRAY, SKUNK SPRAY
MOST ANY BIOLOGICAL ODOR CAUSING SOURCE

USE QUAT-A-LOT AS AN AFTER SPRAY
IN FLOOD RESTORATION

les

QUAT A LOT A POWERFUL CATIONIC SURFACTANT

USED FOR ODOR CONTROL

QUAT A LOT

An Advanced Blend Of 4 Types of Quaternary Ammonia Chloride.

QUAT A LOT is offered at a Pure 25% concentration.

This is unheard of in the industry. Most other products are made up of 4%

to 10% and only 1 to 2 types of Quat.

QUAT A LOT is ideal for water damage and urine odor control.

QUAT A LOT Advantages:

4 types of Quat compared to only 1 or 2

Using our advanced blend decreases dwell time.

QUAT A LOT is effective on a broader spectrum of odors than other products on the market.

MOST IMPORTANT:

By utilizing only 1 gallon of QUAT A LOT it can replace 4 to 10 gallons of inferior quality, less concentrated products.

QUAT A LOT is Available in Quarts or Gallons

Just 4oz of QUAT A LOT in 7 gallons of water provides 1,000 PPM.

For bad pet odors: Mix 1 oz to1 gallon of water. Soak area heavy, inject into carpet backing with a needle. Wait 15 minutes before extraction.

$21.95 Per Quart $74.95 Per Gallon

Judson Products Use Only American Made Raw Materials

Note: Check with manufacturers warranty on stain resistant carpet to make sure a quat product is approved for use. In most cases urine on the carpet already voids the warranty.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Quat-a-Lot is great stuff and we keep a gal on the van all-de-time

we never hesitate to use it when needed and it's been very effective in many situations for us..
BUT it should be rinse extracted imHo and isn't a "spray 'n go" product for odors

John, I'm curious, why does it mater if it's EPA registered?
I know you're a "by the book" kind of guy, but as a practical matter, what does the registration do as far as whether it's effective?

..L.T.A.

larry,

Quat-A-Lot is not sold as a DISINFECTANT, SANITIZER OR FOR GERM CONTROL, if it was it would have to have a EPA #.

LES

JUDSON LABORATORIES

EXTREMELY POWERFUL

IN FLOOD RESTORATION

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
larry,
Quat-A-Lot is not sold as a DISINFECTANT, SANITIZER OR FOR GERM CONTROL, if it was it would have to have a EPA #.
LES
JUDSON LABORATORIES
EXTREMELY POWERFUL
IN FLOOD RESTORATION

The end user should be aware of the legal ramificatuions of using a non EPA registered quaternary product ; you cannot indicate to the consumer that you have disinfected or applied disinfect to their carpet. Also, as with any cationic product, you risk voiding stain resist warranties, so don't add Quat-A-Lot to your prespray or rinse solution unless you are unconcerned with this matter.

Art Kelley said:
[quote="Leslie Judson Jones":35unq3dd]larry,
LES
JUDSON LABORATORIES
EXTREMELY POWERFUL
IN FLOOD RESTORATION

The end user should be aware of the legal ramificatuions of using a non EPA registered quaternary product ; you cannot indicate to the consumer that you have disinfected or applied disinfect to their carpet. Also, as with any cationic product, you risk voiding stain resist warranties, so don't add Quat-A-Lot to your prespray or rinse solution unless you are unconcerned with this matter.[/quote:35unq3dd]

Note: Check with manufacturers warranty on stain resistant carpet to make sure a quat product is approved for use. In most cases urine on the carpet already voids the warranty.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
[Note: Check with manufacturers warranty on stain resistant carpet to make sure a quat product is approved for use. In most cases urine on the carpet already voids the warranty.

Are there any manufacturers that allow Quat-A-Lot on stain resist carpet?

Art Kelley said:
[quote="Leslie Judson Jones":2q6hjypt][Note: Check with manufacturers warranty on stain resistant carpet to make sure a quat product is approved for use. In most cases urine on the carpet already voids the warranty.

Are there any manufacturers that allow Quat-A-Lot on stain resist carpet?[/quote:2q6hjypt]

art,
I don't know you have to ck with the MFG. The only time QUAT is needed is on a flood or pet urine , this voids the warranty any way.

Even registered quaternary product is not ok and voids the warranty.

les

John Olson

Name
John Olson
admiralclean said:
SO THERE, OLSEN!

HEY PIG BOY Read the F'n Title of the Thread
Can quatAlot replace microban?

By Les's own words NO IT CAN'T. Call me Olsen again and I am gonna bleed ya out PIG BOY. :mrgreen:

Larry I think everyone else covered the EPA thing. I wasn't arguing with Les I was asking a question. If it was EPA Registered then I would have Said "then by all means it CAN replace Microban,Fiberlock, MSD Extra etc etc" but since it isn't then the answer to Terje's question is NO it cannot.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm rarely worried about carpet warranty status when it comes to corrective care products; the key is to rinse out potential resoiling residues and do what the customer needs to solve their cleaning or odor problems.

We sell some products here that contain quats but make no EPA claims, as does Les. They make sense to use in the circumstances that he outlined, as would Quat A Lot, I'm sure.

However, if there is a water damage restoration issue that requires the application of an EPA registered product, then I find myself agreeing with Mr Olson.

Greenie

Jim Pemberton said:
However, if there is a water damage restoration issue that requires the application of an EPA registered product, then I find myself agreeing with Mr Olson.

This is a classic case of using (for lack of a better anaology)....a CRI approved product at 5% dilution, or a non approved product at 25% dilution for less money on a PPM (part per million) ratio, that is more effective.

Do the legal thing...or the better thing?

Leave it to the lawyers.

Greenie

looks like a decent product, but I couldn't sell it to my guys, be shiping way too much water. That gets expensive.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Greenie you know I love you like a brother form another mother but your anology is flawed.

A better one is

You can do it wrong and risk losing everything or you could do it right and not worry.

Again this thread was about it replacing Microban. It cannot. That is not taking anyting away from it on cat pee problems.

Your legal thing or better thing also doesn't fly.

I sent you to fiberlock
http://www.fiberlock.com shockwave is proven to kill so many different bacteria and virus's and even the superbug. I can assure you that Les' cannot make that claim or ANY claim. So his product is not only NOT the legal thing it isn't even the BETTER thing.

This is based on the Thread title and nothing more.
Again Brother I love ya but this is one of those things that you are flat out wrong on and even Les will have to agree. He has no choice.

P.S.Oh and again it isn't even cheaper. Well maybe 4 cents cheaper per gallon then shockwave but how much is peice of mind worth 8)

I buy it at my local Sams Club. Some Wal-Marts sell it. I have used it for 4 years for all my flood work. Sometimes I add it to my pre-spray. I like it and it beats paying 25 dollars for ready to use Microban which doesn't smell too good.

The same company makes a bio-enzyme product which is pretty good called Bio-Odor Control. It costs around 11-12 dollars and does a good job.

Just click on the link and read all the information. My local supplier also sells this product. Odo Ban is a great sanitizer/disinfectant that absolutely can replace Microban and is a lot more cost effective.

To answer your question, can QAL or Odo Ban replace Microban? For a carpet cleaning professional, the answer is yes. For a manufacturing purpose, the answer is no. Microban is added to products like sponges, mop heads, vacuum filters etc. to make the products have a permanent or long lasting shield against mold and mildew.

Don't even try and compare a quality product like Odo Ban to Lysol. Just read the link.

Rex Tyus

I read the link and deleted my post before you responded. I had missed it originally. :oops:

However lysol is the original cheap ass disinfectant. You shouldn't be hatin on it. :wink:

G

I perfer Harvard's Sani-Quart smells the same and you can use it 1.5oz to 5 gallons of water and best of all its only $19 a gallon!!!!

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Betco 256 is another 4 type quat with a dilution of 256 to 1 and usually costs under 40 bucks a gal.
so at less than half the price and twice the concentration = kess than 1/4 actual cost per usable gallon IMHO

BETCO® 256

Disinfectant, cleaner, fungicide, virucide and deodorizer

This highly concentrated synthetic detergent combines a unique blend of four quaternary compounds in one outstanding germicidal formulation. It is an excellent cleaner, disinfectant, deodorizer, fungicide, virucide and mildewstat specifically designed for hospital and institutional use. It is effective against a wide variety of both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and other microorganisms. This product has a pleasant fragrance.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Shockwave is 39.95 per gallon and dilutes 2-4oz per gallon depending on severity of contamination
IAQ2000 is 18.20 per gallon and dilutes 2-4oz depending on severity of contamination

John Olson

Name
John Olson
admiralclean said:
So, put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, Olsin!

Pig Boy WTF are you talking about? I sure hope we meet one day so I can beat the stupid out of you. :mrgreen:

Serious though WTF are you talking about? The ONLY Topic of this thread
Re: Can quatAlot replace microban?
and which we have established no it can't. I don't give a rats ass about Les's stuff. I hope the people buying it from Greenie keep buying it until he finds something else to sell but if someone thinks they can use it in place of a EPA registered Biocide such as microban then the people that know better need to say something. Even Les's whose product where are talking about even said so himself.

So Pig Boy Just WTF am I suppossed to put in a Pipe and smoke?
:? :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom