can someone explain scientifically why "I'm wrong"?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
1: I think a slotted GG would remove more water than a Holed GG because it would allow more airflow; Mikey claims hole glides remove more water. How can that be?

2: I cleaned a white wool carpet with my Monsoon portable, which only has 220 CFM airflow. The wand had almost no grab on the carpet, yet the carpet was "dry" within 30 minutes on a rainy day. The customer walked on the carpet with her socks, and they were dry. I did extraction strokes until the site glass was nearly dry, which I do with my SS370. Why does it seem I'm getting better dry time than expected, or even with my TM?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it's all antidotal.
No one has been able to measure any difference in water recovered

Trip said he noticed a difference in dry times at his home.
I'll ask if did half the room with one glide and the other half with different glide
(same wand) same day/same time

'cause my side by sides doing the above on my house w/notched Ti (quick change) showed not a dimes worth of difference from hole to slot.

2 minutes after cleaning there appeared a HUGE difference in "felt" dry between slot and hole.
an hour later, you couldn't tell the difference
10-12 hours later, both were dry

..L.T.A.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
kinda like the wider the wand (12 inch vs 14 inch) the more vacuum you get. People have explained why but I still dont get it. You would think that you have an x amount of vacuum and the more space you try to get water through, the less vacuum you have. I guess thats not true either.

Reactions: Papa John

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
kinda like the wider the wand (12 inch vs 14 inch) the more vacuum you get. People have explained why but I still dont get it. You would think that you have an x amount of vacuum and the more space you try to get water through, the less vacuum you have. I guess thats not true either.
My experience is opposite my 12 inch wands scream

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
1: I think a slotted GG would remove more water than a Holed GG because it would allow more airflow; Mikey claims hole glides remove more water. How can that be?

2: I cleaned a white wool carpet with my Monsoon portable, which only has 220 CFM airflow. The wand had almost no grab on the carpet, yet the carpet was "dry" within 30 minutes on a rainy day. The customer walked on the carpet with her socks, and they were dry. I did extraction strokes until the site glass was nearly dry, which I do with my SS370. Why does it seem I'm getting better dry time than expected, or even with my TM?
Please follow the science or you will be banned!

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Even if a hole glide makes the carpet dry faster, Id stick with a slot or hybrid because I use a CRB on all carpet. A hole glide would just get blocked too easily.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

sassyotto

Name
Paul
smaller holes, less airflow but more velocity of air through them.
slots, more airflow but less velocity of airflow through them.

pick a side and tell the others they're wrong
so when we are talking about wand width, the larger the width the more suction. But now saying the smaller the holes, the more suction. Which is it?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Good drugs.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
so when we are talking about wand width, the larger the width the more suction. But now saying the smaller the holes, the more suction. Which is it?
at what hose length?
what size blower?

someone smarter than me should of worked out x size blower at x hose run equals 12" hole glided wand.. but nah

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
In my simple mind. I went from slots to hybrid because I wanted to suck up water. Not carpet. Now after having the hybrid. I wish I’d got the holes.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I happen to have two Dev pro-14-inch wands. One with hybrid GG and the other one has a hole GG.
I haven't used the hole gg much and it stays back at the shop.
I make sure both have the same flow and use them as larry suggested.

Now-- Why was I able to get such short dry time with my monsoon? perhaps the 200 psi vs 400 psi was the reason.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I happen to have two Dev pro-14-inch wands. One with hybrid GG and the other one has a hole GG.
I haven't used the hole gg much and it stays back at the shop.
I make sure both have the same flow and use them as larry suggested.

Now-- Why was I able to get such short dry time with my monsoon? perhaps the 200 psi vs 400 psi was the reason.

go for it P-Jay. would love to hear your findings.
Besides Cobby, I'm the only other one I can recall that's done same time/same day/same room/same wand/same everything except the glide swap side by side evaluations.

if I recall, Cobby's findings were much the same as mine.

'sides that, if hole makes a dime's worth of difference in dry times, seems it would be relatively easy enough to measure recovery.
In particular with a porty, where measured amounts (5 gal in do half a room and measure recovery) other half of room 5 gal in and measure recovery

that would be a good indicator methinks.

as far as skyintific why the wool rug dried so fast...maybe by virtue of how the wand interfaced to the carpet increased the slOt velOcity.

99%ers don't do all the side by sides I've done.
I get it, it's a PITA 'cause it takes time and effort you don't get paid for

and truth is, it's not necessary to making good money in the biz.
People skills, motivation and show up is about all it takes

I just like being one of the guys that's earned this;
(and I don't have to "think" I know or parrot the party line)

1671892846481.png

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Papa John

Mikey P

Administrator
Fyi, 80% of Glide sales are Slots.

But, the loyalist to the other options are steadfast.

Imo all the debates about glide styles, hose size, tube size, psi, blower size, prespray applicators, trigger technique, humidity levels and so on all become a moot point if one does two or more SLOW dry passes.

99% of us doesnt know this, dosnt care or does, but wont.

Glides make dry stroking easy, if nothing else.

Mikey P

Administrator
that makes them worth their weight in gold.
They can also help prevent wand "lock down" on some piles too

..L.T.A.
Yes they can and that's why I believe the future in wand design is an easy effortless swap out glide system so you can go from slot to hole the hybrid the hard surface at a whim...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So, do you have a glide on the wand for your piece of shiate porty?

me?
nah
AW29 doesn't need a glide on a porty.
and fact is (no matter what the pack followers say) unglided wands clean cut pile more bedder ...the vac slot gets deeper into the pile for better extraction...in particular heavy/dense cut piles
(cut pile in my house mostly nylon and one room poly)

1671897628477.png

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Yes they can and that's why I believe the future in wand design is an easy effortless swap out glide system so you can go from slot to hole the hybrid the hard surface at a whim...

don't know if that's the "future" for most, but think it great move and way to go

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

What flow wand are you using?

Does it sheer better? Is it the same wand?

Truckmounts are geared for both cfm and lift.

the monsoon is geared towards massive lift.

the holed glide creates a jet effect draws more moisture from the bottom to the top like a straw.

When I've cleaned my carpet I can drop fans and get it dry to the touch.

But after the fans are off for while you can feel it's still wet as the water continues to evaporate up the fibers.

Mikey P

Administrator
me?
nah
AW29 doesn't need a glide on a porty.
and fact is (no matter what the pack followers say) unglided wands clean cut pile more bedder ...the vac slot gets deeper into the pile for better extraction...in particular heavy/dense cut piles
(cut pile in my house mostly nylon and one room poly)

View attachment 119734

..L.T.A.
Wrong, a Hole on the set up will help immensely, but you would have to prescrub, and you're too fat and or lazy and didnt keep a 175.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom