Can this velvet sofa be fixed?

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
Got a call from a water restoration company wondering if this can be fixed. Apparently, this company had their techs try to clean this velvet sofa and resulted in fiber distortion and streaking from their jetted upholstery tool. What methods should be applied to fix the distortion due to wrapping plastic around it too tight during moving. This company though by steam cleaning would fix the fibers and reset it. This sofa is located on the 37th floor, so my truckmount is not available. Thanks for any input.

D07FC49D-1F72-4F56-8D90-38455D04D261.png 51073379-1565-4916-82EC-3BED0D777953.png 597E24F2-3293-4D82-8A72-5339689277D4.png

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I’d first get a signed waiver you’re not responsible bla bla bla.

Velvet brush, true rinse rtu in spray bottle and a hair dryer.

Very very lightly mist a test area, then ever so gently and slowly barely touch the surface brush in direction of velvet not against.
Have hair dryer ready to dry quickly. Maybe this might work...worth a shot since it’s already screwed up. You’ll be a hero if you can restore it. Leave cards you might just become their go to guy for furniture cleaning in that entire building $$$.

That high up, I’d charge premium. Ask cost of sofa, then charge 10% of that price if it’s a crazy interior decorator piece.

Reactions: Josh Almanza

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Follow all of the advice

Especially this:
I’d first get a signed waiver you’re not responsible bla bla bla.

Velvet brush, true rinse rtu in spray bottle and a hair dryer.

Very very lightly mist a test area, then ever so gently and slowly barely touch the surface brush in direction of velvet not against.
Have hair dryer ready to dry quickly. Maybe this might work...worth a shot since it’s already screwed up. You’ll be a hero if you can restore it. Leave cards you might just become their go to guy for furniture cleaning in that entire building $$$.

That high up, I’d charge premium. Ask cost of sofa, then charge 10% of that price if it’s a crazy interior decorator piece.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom