Can you get an honest price

Ken692

Name
Kenny
The client has a hall with half tile half carpet, it's a mess. I was told the last guy cleaned it for $300 and did the wood stage? Now they want scotch guard as well. I think it's 1500 sf ? If I broke it into rooms it's like 6 or 7 for carpet and 2 or 3 tile
Am I expecting to much $450-$500

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
The client has a hall with half tile half carpet, it's a mess. I was told the last guy cleaned it for $300 and did the wood stage? Now they want scotch guard as well. I think it's 1500 sf ? If I broke it into rooms it's like 6 or 7 for carpet and 2 or 3 tile
Am I expecting to much $450-$500
i deal with this alot, if the last guy charged that and they were happy with him, why arnt they still using him. dont be afraid to be more for a better service. not losing anyting not dealing with the headache, and cant lose money if you dont do it. what happens if you take it at $300 and it takes twice as long. you lost money, could have sit on your couch watching tv and made nothing.

steve_64

Had a call last week from a price shopper. Living room dining room hall and bedroom traffic lanes. I tell her it would be $180 and she says wow several others were only $125.
She asks a few questions then books the appointment. its important sometimes to justify your prices.
Stick to your prices and be confident. you may mot get it this time but you might next year.
Like jimmy says it beats working at a loss.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Just tell the customer up front that you are not the cheapest guy out there, but then again, you aren't going to try to jack up your price at his house. I charge so much a square foot and it includes all the spots we can get, minor pet spots and in short, everything but "your five rotweilers use the livingroom for a potty."

That would be extra. People around here hate facing a hassle and will gladly pay for good service. Nothing new there.

Reactions: Todd Millar

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I try to stress the fact that I groom the carpet, (if I say I vacuum, that alway goes over like a lead balloon) and I use the best solutions and proceders. (With great tips here ) I hear horror stories about the $99 so called experts, but I'm still in the growing stages, I still feel like this guy is just adding and adding. There are guys that just do more than I it's a big world out there. I don't want to sit on the couch and do nothing but I don't want to be a sucker

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom