can you recall all your truckmounts?

Mikey P

Administrator
From 1988 to 2001 @ COIT I had two hand/garage made PTO units that required a manual engagement of the drive shaft. All components were bolted to the floor of the van.
I then went through 9 HM CDS units
In 99 I received a Prochem Hydraulic PTO
One more HM CDS

I left and started Connoisseur with a new Butler
In 04 got The Vortex
Farted around with a Steamway 2100 for a white that I hated
The same with a Judson C4
Aerotech
SS370
Prochem 650

total of 20

Reactions: BradFenstermaker

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Who made the garage made units?

What is your assessment of each from best to worst?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I started with a ProChem Cub.
Great little machine, when it was running.
Then went with all TCS units for 20 something years.
Now I’m running two TCS Cleancos.
If I lived near Pemberton, I’d be considering an 870 soon.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
First truck mount I ever used was a JEM, made by James Edward Miller. One of the earliest makers of PTO units. Propane heat, then later coolant heat exchangers. Used many JEMs, then Cleanco's and hydramasters. A Big Red for a time. My first tm that I bought for myself was a JEM in a 1984 Mazda diesel pick up. Pto with a lg 4 HT heater. Then more hydramasters, a custom built unit which I still have, a steamway mastermatic which I just sold. Currently, a Hydramaster cds and a Cleanco 47

Name
Lee Stockwell
So many, some embarrassing now.

In 1979 I mounted a Sutorbilt 3M directly on a modified air conditioning compressor bracket on my 76 Chevy van complete with clutch.

I thought it was a fail because it screamed so loud and collapsed the vacuum hose.

Ron K

1993 Steamway Master Matic Simple design and hotter then hell.
2008 Pro-Chem Legend

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I started with a ProChem Cub.
Great little machine, when it was running.
Then went with all TCS units for 20 something years.
Now I’m running two TCS Cleancos.
If I lived near Pemberton, I’d be considering an 870 soon.
Why you gotta live near....
Can't you turn a dam wrench?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Boyle, you beat me to the Bane😂😂 I made money with it, but never considered it a TM.
HM’s ever since because of ease and distributor support.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
HM Bobcat in a Ford Courier (Mazda) pick-up under a tall canopy that opened on all sides. Just not enough room. Used this for a couple of days in the 70's.

HM Hydracat slide-in w/propane heat (good) HM Aquacat slide-in with heat exchanger (not much heat) We had both of these in the fleet in the 70's.

HM Mark IV "slam shifter" split driveline PTO. Only issue was tank and other equipment set on driver side to maximize space, making for weird handling. Late 70's.

HM CDS from 1980 on. First in an all Ford fleet (too many LARGE problems with the vans), then Dodge until they quit the van biz, and GMCs ever since. 40 years! We'll probably be like Hagopian and not change without a real good reason..

Name
Lee Stockwell
I had a 90 gallon steel recovery tank made in '77 and used 2 or 3 lambs for vacuum. Went with tap pressure in '79, doing a big job at MSU. Had to patch that tank several times as it ended up rusting out the floor of the van too. Made a resolve to go SS next one.

Got our first Bane in about 1983, and dad helped me make stainless tanks for it. Disappointed with the Bane's vacuum and performance. Added Lamb vacs in parallel and a more powerful motor which made it tolerable. Bill B didn't share our enthusiasm.

Bought our second Bane out of pity for a cousin who originally bought it on our recommendation. Modified it as well.

Then a used Butler our of CT (teddy bear). He drove it down and we were aghast at how rusted northern vans get. I should have remembered... Great machine, I should have swapped it into a newer van, but I wasn't done being stupid.

Traded it in on a deal for 2 Texas garage driveway builds. That they arrived unpainted was a bad omen, and they were installed September 11, 2001.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Steamway MasterMatic great machine livin the dream meltin Jolly Rancher's daily.

Steamway Powermatic great machine except finger nails stayed dirty

Vortex 777 from Venturi Clean resurected for 2nd life

Judson TNT Awesome machine kicks ass everyday for me. In it's 2nd van.

Reactions: Mikey P

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
1 Kinda TM......Steamway Ultra Matic, with a generator, and Little Giant propane Water heater, left in van.
2 Steamway Master Matic, one of the first made.
3 Steamway Powermatic, no need to say more other than stinky van and clothes from the first minute you would start it up.
4 ProChem Performer 405
5 Powerclean Genesis
6 Blueline Vortec
And last one and current contender:
7 SS Pro 1200 se, 2015. When it dies, I'm done cleaning.

Reactions: Mikey P

Brian H

Name
Brian H
HM Mark IV "slam shifter" split driveline PTO. Only issue was tank and other equipment set on driver side to maximize space, making for weird handling. Late 70's.
I think this was what we had at another company I worked for. The nice thing about that truck was the dump valve for the waste tank was conveniently just behind the drivers seat. It was very easy to dump your tank while driving... not that I would ever do that.

If I remember it, it was set up with 2 little giant heaters and a very large blower. Probably one of the very first true dual wand trucks.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think this was what we had at another company I worked for. The nice thing about that truck was the dump valve for the waste tank was conveniently just behind the drivers seat. It was very easy to dump your tank while driving... not that I would ever do that.

If I remember it, it was set up with 2 little giant heaters and a very large blower. Probably one of the very first true dual wand trucks.
I used to drive one like that, on rainy days...

Chris A

Name
Chris
Including my dad's rigs in this too...

Prochem Bruin
Prochem Legend
CDS 4.7
CDS 4.8(2)
Boxer 421
WM Pro 1200
SS pro-1200(2)
SS Apex 570(3)

in that order

There was also a pos Performer 405 that Ken Snow gave me that was missing half the parts, I never put it back together

Reactions: Brian H and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom