Cancellation Policy...

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We haven't really had a cancellation policy in effect, but now that schedules are booked to the max, same day cancels are hurting us with others I could of fit into their place. Do you do a 24 hour cancellation or charge a fee for cancelling same day? I think I seen some where, some one mention $45 same day cancellation fee. I feel like that will be like an argument you have with the hotels when not cancelling in 48 hours and they want to keep your deposit. Maybe no charge if you re schedule? What is the best route to go?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Don't know if it is right or wrong, however, I've always stayed away from either penalizing and or having to discipline my clients.

Granted, if we lived in a perfect world, they should compensate you for your time loss. And I really appreciate the clients who offer to do so, though, I always decline.

Just not a positive long term relationship building step, even if they understand.

Name
Lee Stockwell
43 years, never a problem I couldn't work around.

Do a courtesy call if you have any reason to doubt. Now, in the cell phone era, it's super easy.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Gotcha. Was kinda thinking the cancellation fee would be a little much. Just such a pain in the ass trying to move people into that spot the night before or that morning, or letting it go empty. We do confirmation texts the day before (in the morning) to give people plenty of time to respond. We see if they want a text or call conf and most everyone says text. Yet, still get that call at 8am for the 9am appointment cancelling or rescheduling.

C'est la vie

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I'm glad when they cancel, last thing i want is to send a guy into a home where people are sick or get his head blown off in the middle of some domestic.
Far as i am concerned this is part of your job....

This industry would be easy if it wasn't for people :errf:.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

i like to be forgiving and hope they are as forgiving when i have issues.

it can go both ways.

my pump went out last week just after prespraying a summer home. got the spare pump in after a couple hours but it was rattling and made me nervous so i finished that job and rescheduled a couple jobs till ii could run to indy to get a pump rebuilt the following day.

just part of the business.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
Annoying for sure, but I don't charge..

Great thing to have for fill work are apartments. Try to get some good accounts that pay. I schedule all my residential customers for the morning and go from there if someone cancels we just go clean a rental.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
We don't charge as collecting is next to impossible as well as they will never call you again if you did somehow collect. Sometimes, maybe most of the time it is a legitimate reason they are cancelling. Kids do get sick all of a sudden after all. The "I have to go into work" excuse is what ticks me off.

We do keep track on their customer record that they cancelled at the last second so if and when they call back to reschedule we remind them that they need to pick a date that will work as last second cancellations disrupts our schedule. In 20 years I've had one customer do that to me twice. The last cancellation (at both we had shown up to find no one there) I called and told them we could no longer service them and they needed to go elsewhere.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Or confirm and then not be there when you arrive... that really pissed me off.
Just had one tonight. Scheduled for a week, confirmed in person at 2pm today, 4400sf, very dirty.

When Jon and I got there at 4:30 another carpet cleaner was also showing up. A bonnet cleaner who pulled some strings at the last minute.

The good thing is the carpet will still be there, and will still be dirty.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've never asked for one.

On this job I will offer a free "touchup". One great use for an OP machine and 2 or 3 NEW white cotton OP pads.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Often times I've found when one person cancels, I get a call from someone needing a job done ASAP, and it just so happens I have an opening . Boy do they feel appreciative!!
Or I've needed the time to do some maintenance or some other thing that I needed the time for.
It just works out that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom