Canning the truck shell for a cover

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm sooo sick of that shell.....Hard to get the cleaning equipment in and out...But I thought it would be the only way to go for the equipment I use.

Wrong.

I just traded my shell for a tanau cover (sp) tonight .....All my equipment will fit nicely under it....The truck will look really nice again AND I'll be able to grab stuff from the side of the truck when I need to with the lid open.

I'll have picks tomorrow....He came from Tusla OK to trade and it got too late to install it on my truck. I need to cut some of the bedliner to get it to fit.

But I'm a happy camper.....er um uh....NON camper . :mrgreen:

Here's the type of cover I got

I have a Toyota Tundra...But you get the idea

uc_classic_photos7.jpg

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
That's cool.

I'd love to work out of my pickup truck.

Just haven't figured out how to get all my stuff in there.

Spotted a couple bonnet cleaners yesterday on a job and they were working out of a full size 1/2 ton pickup truck w a flip top lid.

Bob Foster

Although they make the truck look nice I think you will regret it. Nothing looks more hideous than a pickup going down the road with a tonneau cover pried in the air because something doesn't fit under it.

This is the one that would have been a nice compromise because it will roll open. These are the best ones on the market. Also they don't leak and also lock.

http://www.pace-edwards.com/Roll-Top-Cover

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I looked into the bedslide...Cool deal....But I wasn't into it.

The top pops off the truck in 2 minutes (they advertise a minute lol)

So if I'm at home and need to haul something that won't fit under.... I just take it off.

If not... I won't mind driving a little ways with the top up......If that ever happens.

Thanks!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Keep in mind I traded it for the bed cover. So no money out of my pocket.

I probably would have gotten the one Bob posted if I were to spend money.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Craigslist is pretty amazing.

Dude in Tulsa just happened to be looking for a shell because he's in a band and couldn't fit his kick drum under the bed cover.

He said it's only a couple weeks old. I believe him because it's in aa perfect shape as I can tell.

Only took less than a day after I posted the sell or trade listing. I was asking $600 or trade. I only paid $500 for the shell a year or so ago.

:arrow:

Bob Foster

Brian R said:
So if I'm at home and need to haul something that won't fit under.... I just take it off.

If not... I won't mind driving a little ways with the top up......If that ever happens.

Thanks!

But how are you going to transport your subcontractors with the tonneau down?

nf.jpg

Connor

Name
Connor
Bob Foster said:
But how are you going to transport your subcontractors with the tonneau down?

Sardine style, of course!!

They don't mind, I hear that's how they sleep.
sardines.jpg

Connor

Name
Connor
Where's the Visalus/ACN/Priority branding, how the hell does a marketing guy not have his vehicle branded? Sham?

There's a teenage girl around here with a truck like that that's Mary Kay pink

You let me down, again, hound dog. :cry:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh, and I don't promote Visalus anymore. I still drink a shake every day and I get about $150 per month AND my shakes are free....But I do it for health.

But if you want some.... Here ya go

www.shakeoffweight.com

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I wonder what Your client will think when you pull every thing out of a truckbed from an unlettered personal vehicle.( I personally might not like it.)

Might be better to get the biggest shell you can find just for the client impact.

Your a marketing guy right?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Royal Man said:
I wonder what Your client will think when you pull every thing out of a truckbed from an unlettered personal vehicle.( I personally might not like it.)

Might be better to get the biggest shell you can find just for the client impact.

You're not your customer Dave.

My customers don't meet me in the driveway, they don't care about the vehicle I drive, and I'm not looking to advertise either.

If I wanted a vehicle to market my business it wouldn't be a Toyota Tundra Quad Cab.

What's YOUR vehicle look like?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I gotta say I am puzzled by your not having any letteringon the truck Brian. Even if you did up some tasteful magnets (I know that is kind of an oxymoron) you could market your carpet cleaning while pout doing cleaning jobs and maybe your other things on another set of magnets when trolling for marks around town.

Becker

Name
Becker
Had 2 of them.

One soft, liked it. no did not attach with snaps. No security, but rolled up nicely when hauling larger things.
One hard, looked ok, better security, PITA when I needed to haul larger things, still have to climb in for things near the cab. Hated it and would not buy another.

I appreciate having a personal car and truck, and a work van.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
[quote="Royal Man":2ts9t9b6]I wonder what Your client will think when you pull every thing out of a truckbed from an unlettered personal vehicle.( I personally might not like it.)

You're not your customer Dave.

My customers don't meet me in the driveway, they don't care about the vehicle I drive, and I'm not looking to advertise either.

If I wanted a vehicle to market my business it wouldn't be a Toyota Tundra Quad Cab.

What's YOUR vehicle look like?[/quote:2ts9t9b6]

No, really, brian, we'er busting YOUR chops because you'RE a selfproclaimedmarketing guy, yet you fail in this area.

In the opinion of many,most,all,some a white unlettered vehicle = fly by night hack.

That vanilla thing sez "fly under the radar", not "I'll take care of your problems". And I bet you never get walk ups either.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"My customers don't meet me in the driveway" = The customer doesn't see or care about my vehicle.

I don't market my company in TX anymore. I still have my site up and it's on Google Places but I don't do much with it as far as exposure.

I think what you guys aren't getting is I'm just a part time type cleaner. I don't need to clean and I do it for fun. I give more work away than I sub out in this area. I OP the jobs I want and I don't care to clean their neighbors house.

Somone said I would be better off if I focused on "one thing"......I like what I do....All things that I do...Or I don't do them anymore.

I don't "need" to do any of them.

I like to change things up, try new stuff and have fun with life instead of trying to pretend to get rich sucking rugs.

Hope this helps.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I like to change things up, try new stuff and have fun with life instead of trying to pretend to get rich sucking rugs.

Translation, I like to hear my self talk and this ACN shite is the greatest challenge to my marketing abilities I've ever known, I am trying to convince others that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but my personal delusions keep me from taking the hint that 99.99% of MBers don't want anything to do with it. I hope to build this enough that I have a strong down line and other suckers can act as my new subcontractors and make me rich whilst I dick around on teh interwebz.

(O<O)....... (O>O) SQUIRREL!

g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXiulKIgGpgg]

:mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
BriansTundra-1.jpg

I like the cover, very streamlined look. It was a good trade for you.

Although I'd have to give Foster's roll up cover a thought if I were purchasing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom