Carfax/TruckmountFAX

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I cant throw too many stones i put a custom 24k gold plated polished stainless control panel on frankinstien it had to be sent to Nova Scotia to ge lettered. They were the only company to return my emails about silkscreen on gold

20190517_165737.jpg 20220904_125005.jpg 20221127_115720 (1).jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
While I agree with you, I think the reason they put LED lights and bells and whistles on TMs is because it sells.
The Mikey’s and Damon’s of this industry want it.
You're just jealous that I can understand technology.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
They'd rather make these machines look like glowing space ships than put the money into proper gauges on the face of the unit, and an extra fan blowing on the blower belts or exhaust manifold (if the engine is turned sideways like it should be).

I'll never understand why PTO units get a rpm and engine temp gauge, yet the slide ins don't. Doyle, Harlib, Justin, Diablow, and the Canadian Cleanco guys...share your crappy excuse and why you leave out the important devices that help our machines communicate with us on the slide ins.

And after watching several Butler videos...these guys above need to set their units as the standard for how everything is built. I was watching how they maintain the blower. They have an instructional video and a port on the face of the unit to wash out the blower. Why don't any of the slide ins have that setup? After 20 years in this business, I've never seen that on these units. That's just a small example. FK these slide ins. Guaranteed major problems in just 5 years right when it just gets paid off. Poor ventilation and improper maintenance from not knowing the condition of the machine due to lack of data

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's time for the big box stores/manufacturers to team up and create a database of all service records of the machines for when these shady sumbiches go to dump their neglected POS to save the good guys from getting burned.

Aramsco, Legend, Jondon, Butler, Aerotech, Judson, etc. Make is similar to carfax to set up a monthly subscription to pay for the program to have it properly managed. And when a facebook marketplace item shows up with a fresh coat of paint and the hour meter was replugged 4,ooohrs later...maybe it'll save someone some frustration

I'm just saying, to start putting together everything from here out
And my last suggestion was for the big box dealers to open the education sector on training your employees or owner on doing more detailed maintenance/repair of these machines also and they Turned up their Nose on that idea also. I think @Jim Pemberton was the only one who had a positive response to that idea.

From my experience of all the shitty service from the dealers combined with the money wasted on misdiagnosing my equipment ($10k Loss) from lack of trust due to having to teach myself, trying to fix the problems...it's a very good opportunity to improving our industry

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
And my last suggestion was for the big box dealers to open the education sector on training your employees or owner on doing more detailed maintenance/repair of these machines also and they Turned up their Nose on that idea also. I think @Jim Pemberton was the only one who had a positive response to that idea.

From my experience of all the shitty service from the dealers combined with the money wasted on misdiagnosing my equipment ($10k Loss) from lack of trust due to having to teach myself, trying to fix the problems...it's a very good opportunity to improving our industry

Thanks Matt

I'm starting JB (my now 76 year old wizard) on creating videos on the El Diablo truck mount. We tend to sell those at the greatest distances from us, as they are simpler to diagnose, use more easily found parts, and are easiest to field repair.

Video training on that unit makes more sense than in person.

We're planning to start some classes here for our customers locally once that part of the project is done.

I appreciated your thoughts then, and are on our way to continuing to act of them.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks Matt

I'm starting JB (my now 76 year old wizard) on creating videos on the El Diablo truck mount. We tend to sell those at the greatest distances from us, as they are simpler to diagnose, use more easily found parts, and are easiest to field repair.

Video training on that unit makes more sense than in person.

We're planning to start some classes here for our customers locally once that part of the project is done.

I appreciated your thoughts then, and are on our way to continuing to act of them.

How many buyers take (and use) the included Westpak AW wand with the sale?

Funny story, Mike the owner of El Diablo tried out my extender benders when we cleaned the Boise Ronald McDonald House any commented that he couldn't tell a difference. They were a beta version and they weren't striking correctly but they still in my opinion, worked better in stock.

He had wrapped up and left after completing his section of glue down carpet and when we surveyed the job a couple hours later his area had wicked like crazy... Lol!

It was heavily trafficked and was going to wick no matter what wall their machine was used unless somebody took the effort to clean it 300 PSI, backstroke only and lots of dry strokes...

Easily corrected with the TOPs machines.

Anyhow, I just sold out of my first batch and should have more in a couple weeks if you wanted to stock up.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
How many buyers take (and use) the included Westpak AW wand with the sale?

Funny story, Mike the owner of El Diablo tried out my extender benders when we cleaned the Boise Ronald McDonald House any commented that he couldn't tell a difference. They were a beta version and they weren't striking correctly but they still in my opinion, worked better in stock.

He had wrapped up and left after completing his section of glue down carpet and when we surveyed the job a couple hours later his area had wicked like crazy... Lol!

It was heavily trafficked and was going to wick no matter what wall their machine was used unless somebody took the effort to clean it 300 PSI, backstroke only and lots of dry strokes...

Easily corrected with the TOPs machines.

Anyhow, I just sold out of my first batch and should have more in a couple weeks if you wanted to stock up.

Most stay with their current wand, or go with the SS quad or six jet model.

Just to be clear, is there a connection in this story between his dimissal of the extender benders or not?

Was there more than one operator on the unit, and could whoever supervised the job have predicted the outcome?

Did you mention any of this to Mike S?

I've fixed post HWE wicking for more years than I'd want to confess to with scrubbers and bonnets, so I don't doubt your OP machines did the trick nicely.

Mikey P

Administrator
Most stay with their current wand, or go with the SS quad or six jet model.

Just to be clear, is there a connection in this story between his dimissal of the extender benders or not?

Was there more than one operator on the unit, and could whoever supervised the job have predicted the outcome?

Did you mention any of this to Mike S?

I've fixed post HWE wicking for more years than I'd want to confess to with scrubbers and bonnets, so I don't doubt your OP machines did the trick nicely.
Yes, he knows.

The only connection is he sells quite a few of those Westpac ones I'm assuming but he doesn't put a GreenGlide or the extenders on them, take that for what you will...

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom