Carpet Cleaning Problem.....

BRCCare12

Hello to All,

I'm facing with a problem where I have cleaned my client's carpet but it does not look if I have clean the carpet at all. Car[et type appears to be a Plush or Velvet carpet. I'm using ProsChoice Pro-MAX and O2 Plus to a heavily soiled carpet, but the carpet still looks pretty bad. It looks better after carpet is dry, but my customer is not happy at all.

One thing ProsChoice Technician recommended I do was to spray Urine Spot Remover to improve the look of the carpet. I have applied this to the carpet, and at this point I'm waiting the rest of today to check and see the result.

Does anybody have faced a similiar situation when cleaning residential carpet.

Thanks,

Name
I'm Rick James
Vacuum first, then clean. Agitation always helps. You using a TM.

Basically it comes down to communication with the customer. Carpets may be worn too.

Get 40% HP and reclean for free.

Welcome to mikeyboard.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
well bro, if you've been cleaning carpet for 3 years and aren't sure why carpets don't look better, I don't know if we can help without some additional info. How old is the carpet...is it olefin...are there lots of stains vs. soil...how often did custy have carpets cleaned b-4-u...what's your cleaning method (TM/porty/bonnet)...just not enough info to give you a good answer. :?:

BRCCare12

Carpet is not that old.
carpet type appears to be nylon.
Methode use to clean carpet pre-spray and extract using Pro-Max + O2Plus.
In the middle of family room and hallways was heavily soiled.

hey ramon, try vacuuming first mix your 02 with the modifier if you have it, lay it down pretty good allow ample time to dwell scrub in with a rotary machine (if you already have one ) rinse it with 02 rinse. set up air movers and finally spray pro choice's urine stain remover to continue to brighten up the dingy areas. again communication was the key in these situations. live ad learn brother.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The O2 he refers to is Pro choic's sodium percarbonate booster.

First and foremost, guessing it is nylon will not solve the problem. You have to know what you are dealing with. If its polyester olefin nylon or wool. Each would respond differently to the chemistries you used. If it was Nylon, you "should" have seen at least some improvement. Once you ID it and are sure its nylon I suggest when you re-clean it go through these steps:

First vacuum vacuum vacuum. (If you have a bagless I would use this and keep vacing till nothing more is coming out.) Next, add the O2 booster to your promax and prespray the carpet. (don't put it in your rinse). Make sure to mix it very very well until its completely dissolved or it will clog your sprayer. Lay down your prespay as hot as you can. Next use some form of mechanical agitation if you have something like that to you available. ie. Floor machine with tan pads or shampoo brush, cylindrical brush machine, or if you must a deck brush or grandi brush. Now give it atleast 15 minutes of dwell time. Let the oxygen work for you. Now go back and acid rinse with last step or your rinsing agent of choice and get that carpet as dry as quick as possible.

If the carpet is olefin, Do the same as eveythign else but instead of adding the o2, try adding some energy or use a prespray formulated just for olefin. Polyester you can treat like olefin as it as an afinity for the oil as well. The problem with Polyester is it will begin to gray way to early in its life from traffic and it has a very keen resembelence to nylon in hand.

If you are dealing with wool, the previous cleaner could have grayed out the wool with too strong of an alkaline prespray/rinse combo and damage may be irreversible.

Good luck.

Did you test the fiber to see what it is made of ?

Did you pre vac ?

Can you pre scrub ?

I have never seen a Pro's Choice pre spray I liked :0(

BRCCare12

Thank Guys,

1. Is Pros-Choice a bad cleaning solution? I seem to like better than Bridgepoint Zone Perfect.

2. I did pre-vac well, and pre-spray letting it dwell for a few minutes before extracting ProMax. Is it always important to apply Last Step to nutrolize? I heard that it's not always neccessary. This is my first carpet where the carpet looks pretty bad when wet. Drying up, carpet looks clean with a light shadowy where the consentration of soil used to be.

3. I would say sure did a good job cleaning, it's just that the carpet does not look as clean as under coach. My first mistake was not communicating with my customer, lesson number one.

4. I do have a spanking new RX20 that I have never used before. Can I used it on long pile? I like to go back and clean again with my rotary machine.

Thanks,

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hell Yes.......RX 20.....will do the job........ :wink:

click on the Photo Gallery...on the ad below...See the RX 20....ROCK..!!!!!!

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
It sounds to me like your customer is expecting his old worn out carpet to look new because you cleaned it. Of course it's not going to look like the carpet under the couch. If you've been cleaning carpet for 3 years I would think/hope you can see the differance. Some customers have a tendancy to try and railroad carpet cleaners into fixing their problem carpet that may just need to be replaced. By the way, I'm not trying to talk smack to you my brother.

BRCCare12

One last thing before I close my shop tonight: how is the competition in your areas? Here in my area home owner just don't like to pay us much. Plus there is one carpet cleaner on each corner it seems.

Charging $30 per room seems to be a little to much for the majority of home owners. I can not even brake even paying licenses, insurance, and registration.

I have alot of money invested in this business to be charging less than $120.00 for a three bedroom house that will include livingroom and familyroom. Is it the economy this days?

Good night to all!!!

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
To answer your question, I agree with you. I think your giving your services away if you do a 3 bedroom house for $120. I live in San Diego county and I run an add for 3 rooms for $99. I can do that if it's 3 rooms that have been maintained in some what of a decent fashion. I can't do 3 rooms for $99, if the ocupant has not had them cleaned in 5 years and or their dog and cat has been using them for a restroom etc. As a general rule I charge at least $100 an hour for my time. That's set up bs with the customer and everything. I usually make more but try to use that as a bear minimum general rule.
I would love to hear what other guys are getting in other areas. I'm new to this forum or any other carpet cleaning forums so I guess I'm a virgin here. I hope that helps.

Mike Draper

yep, and prolly a porty, or he works for chem-lie and in that case it will never look good. :lol:

Name
I'm Rick James
BRCCare12 said:
One last thing before I close my shop tonight: how is the competition in your areas? Here in my area home owner just don't like to pay us much. Plus there is one carpet cleaner on each corner it seems.

Charging $30 per room seems to be a little to much for the majority of home owners. I can not even brake even paying licenses, insurance, and registration.

I have alot of money invested in this business to be charging less than $120.00 for a three bedroom house that will include livingroom and familyroom. Is it the economy this days?

Good night to all!!!

People will pay you what they feel your worth.

Back
Top Bottom