carpet cleaning telemarketing call while wrapping up on job.

Becker

Name
Becker
collecting and chatting from a long time old timer client of mine.
Last job of the day today about 6pm.
Phone rings, client answers it on speaker..

Turns out to be a prerecored telemarketing call for carpet cleaning.
We both missed the name if they even said.
Call was from a blocked number.

if interested the request was to press 2 to leave a name and number and best time for the company to call back.

Are the autodialers making a come back?

Non the less, WA state has banned prerecored sales calls.

Wonder how long it will take for this company to call the wrong person, or if they are obeying the do not call list.

What are the odds..
It was a good laugh.

S

sam miller

Re: carpet cleaning telemarketing call while wrapping up on

My friend Andre advertised like that back in the late 90's early 2000's he loved it I personally dont want to be called if I want something I'll go get it.

Kinda like MLM's I hate those too especially when it comes to insurance sales!

topnotchman

There's some carpet cleaning company out of Edmonds I think i was doing a lot of telemarketing cold calls to random people. I had to do a job because they stood these clients up 2 times and didn't show up. 3 days later I was wrapping up another job and the customer told me she just got cold called by a carpet cleaning company.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Guy I worked for in Sacramento for a short while used the auto dialer. Worked well....but I'm not sure I would want to go that route just because of the complaints.

Connor

Name
Connor

If a local company ever auto dialed me, I'd never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use them.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

I don't like those auto-dialers. Back in the 80s I had a 10 person telemarketing crew making calls 6 days a week to keep my 5 guys busy. It's just the way it was done back then.

The do not call list and cell phones and now Google has made it not practical.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Connor said:
If a local company ever auto dialed me, I'd never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use them.

What if they had a good product...Better than anyone else and you really really really really needed it???

I don't mind it too much....But most times too much is too much.

Al

A lesson from the Simpsons!

Chief Wiggum arrests a scam artist for telemarketing fraud. Homer witnesses the arrest and sees the discarded autodialer in a nearby trash bin. Homer takes the autodialer home to use for tele-panhandling.

Homer ends up annoying all of Springfield with his "Happy Dude" scam, and soon enough Chief Wiggum catches him. Instead of confiscating the autodialer and taking Homer into custody, he shoots it then gives Homer a citation and asks him to bring the autodialer with him (although full of lead) to his court hearing, otherwise there would be no case and Homer would be let off the hook. In the closing credits, however, Homer has recorded a new message telling everyone he scammed he is sorry and that if they can forgive him to send more money.

Back
Top Bottom