Carpet Dye Sticks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Tony Wheelwright has been teaching this "forgotten" technique. The colors you use most are neutrals, so that kit may work out well, and the cost may be worth it if you can charge enough for your time.

I'm OK with wasting colors I don't use to save money though, so I'll go to amazon.com and buy these pastels for $12.
fabercastelldeysticks.jpg

Just make sure you peel them, as the blue wrapper will transfer color to the fiber you're working on.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Crayola brand dye sticks work well, but need to be reapplied after a couple cleanings.

-JB-

Name
JB
Crayola brand dye sticks work well, but need to be reapplied after a couple cleanings.

has been my experience as well, and yes I did set it with an iron.

harryhides

Name
Tony
JB said:

has been my experience as well, and yes I did set it with an iron.

There are several brands of products like crayola which set better than Crayola.
Carpet comes in are several variations of fiber, age, color and lighting conditions.

Direct sunlight will degrade this kind of dye job - fluorescent lighting will also but it will much take longer.
Aggressive vacuum cleaners like the Dyson can be another factor esp on olefins and polyesters.

-JB-

Name
JB
How would you lose color on a oly? Ivebeensold

Excuse me *colour

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom