Carpet protector

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So what do you use or carry on the truck? I have used CTI for a few years, works ok but people always ask about scotch guard. They say it's safe now. A cleaner in my area says that is all he will use because it will sell itself.
How much scotch guard do you put down on a wet carpet and how much longer will it take to dry?

Thank You

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
It definately takes a lot longer to dry this time of the year! We spray straight from the jug at 200 psi and afterwards inform customers that it adds 2-3 hours dry time

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Not to step on this thread, but take a look at HardBallChemical. Their WB soil blocker is great stuff, scented or not, and will cover 1200-1500 sf a gallon. They also sell a solvent based protector.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
The "most effective" carpet protectors would NOT be green products.

Assuming you want Water AND Oil repellency.

OK, . . .

I guess you could cover the carpet with a biodegradable plastic sheet.

Larry

:lol: Here in the tropics, we'd have very active mold spores under the plastic within three days.:stir:

Which is okay because it would probably be "Green Mold". :lol:

:very_drunk:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Maxim Advanced Carpet Protector covers 400 sq. ft. with each diluted gallon or 1200 sq ft from a concentrated gallon. Uses much less water and ths helps with drying times. No issues with solvents.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
People ask specifically for Scotchguard because it is a name they recognize. They have no idea how well it compares to other protectors. Maxim Advanced is by far the best out there IMO. I have put it up against quiet a few of the competitors protectors in demos and it outshines them every time.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Have used hardball it is good stuff. I wanted to see how many used 3m sg. Does the maxim work like the 3m sg?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Have used hardball it is good stuff. I wanted to see how many used 3m sg. Does the maxim work like the 3m sg?

The advantage of the 3M Scothgard is the name recognition. When it comes to protection against oil and water borne stains plus dry soil, Maxim Advance comes out ahead every time. Maxim Advanced also includes acid dye blockers (stain resist) for protection against artificial coloring in many foods and beverages (Gatorade, Kool-Aid, and many more).

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom