why?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don't run chems through my chem meter/machine. So I would think the diaphragm would last longer.

The opposite:

The diaphragm is getting hit with pressure from the water pump to move the chemical through. When the other side is "dry", it is forced to flex further and is more rapidly damaged. Prime in straight water to put water onto the opposite side of the diaphragm, but keep the meter off.

Or remove the entire chemical pump and you won't have to deal with the issue at all.

You probably also have a bad chemical check valve, which would be why your having water come out the hose.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It sounds like you need a new diaphragm.

But what do I know?
Hole in diaphragm or bad check valves
The opposite:

The diaphragm is getting hit with pressure from the water pump to move the chemical through. When the other side is "dry", it is forced to flex further and is more rapidly damaged. Prime in straight water to put water onto the opposite side of the diaphragm, but keep the meter off.

Or remove the entire chemical pump and you won't have to deal with the issue at all.

You probably also have a bad chemical check valve, which would be why your having water come out the hose.
The new diaphragm looks different and is smooth with less impressions on it. Jon Don said they sent the correct one for my machine. Are the impression there because it's old or happen once installed?

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The new one should be smooth.

The impressions are damage from the pulsations against the air in the “dry” side of your diaphragm.

Is there a deep impression around the edge of your diaphragm?

Post a pic, or send it to me by DM if you don’t like being roundly criticized by the insensitive and gleefully critical crowd here

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
photos

17286655008033326284873037284626.jpg 17286655312562343020246264653976.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom