Carpet stretch question

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Was wondering if anybody would care to share rates on carpet stretching.

By the yard or by the room

Jamesh921

Name
James
I charge 3.50-4.00 per yd to restretch.

More if furniture moving is involved.

More if I have to break several seams.

More depending on difficulty and/or location (up the narrow stairway around the back of the house cost more than a LR/DR in the front).

Course I'm on the higher end. Most guys around here charge 3.00-4.00 per yd to install NEW carpet. Some even charge less.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Every job is deferent and I will not quote prices for re-stretch over the phone. I charge between 100%-200% of my cleaning cost per area. This is the type of job where it pays to turn out for an estimate first. Feel them out and down leave money on the table. Keep in mind, you may very well be the only one that shows up for an estimate. I offer a discount on cleaning, if it can be done at the same time.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I will not quote over the phone... up to $ 4.50 for vacant and $6.00/yd with furniture, l may
charge less if I am cleaning @ the same time. Any seam repair would be included in the price.
But if you have to fix a hallway with multiple doorways you have to charge hourly.
If just a repair $ 145 min.
Luis

Deluxe

I charge hourly too. Since empty rooms are preferable to stretch in, it motivates the home owner to clear them before I get there...clocks ticking, right? Typicly I'll be at about $60 per hour, 80 if I have to cut a seam, add a second row of tack, replace transitions or anything else invasive.
I'll patch in with donor carpet for $50 per patch and $60 if have to transplant from a closet.

That being said, minimum for any repair is $120 and I'l never quote without an onsite inspection first. Besides, it's an open invitation to an upsell fest on all the other services.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I farm it out to a carpet store where we trade referrals. They swing by with two of their guys and whip it out. My stretcher is somewhere(?) in my garage. They love it because it gets them in front of a "potential customer". Build a relationship with a carpet shop and leave that stretcher behind. Pole strecher = backache.

AmyBrown07

We charge $60 for bedrooms and $100 for bigger rooms. We work in a pretty ritzy part of the city. So people would never consider moving their own furniture. Carpet businesses are definitely different here than in Kentucky where I used to work! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom