Carpet Traffic Line Cleaning

Rosesis

I have tried very hard but carpet's traffic line is not cleaned as rest of carpet.
Now the carpet looks double shaded..any suggestion please..thanx in advance...

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
if all else fails try scrubbing it first with a 17", 175 rpm, floor buffer with a shower feed brush, solution tank and 1.5 hp motor.

or

maybe your prespray just needs a boost. what kind of wand are you using? Have you ever heard of wand glides?

Mikey P

Administrator
Not much info to work with but these tips will help.

Pre vacuum the TAs yourself, don't let the customer do it
Use a better pre spray that has a oxygen brightner in it
Give it plenty of dwell time AND scrub it in with some sort of mechanical device like a 175 rpm floor machine with a shampoo brush or a dual cylindrical scrubber or at the very least a carpet rake
Slow down on your rinse and dry strokes

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
i just remembered...

there's a few rotary extraction attachments that combine mechanical agitation with hot water extraction.

The rx-20 has been around over twenty years..

rx20.jpg

the hoss 700 is the newest but the jury is still out wether it works better than the rx-20

images

then there's the rotovac 360i

full-profile2.jpg

The Zipper Jr. is my personal favorite! There's no moving parts to wear out or break. Built solid.
DSCN4995.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Some traffic lanes will never look like the rest of the carpet.

Could be a myriad of causes including: shading and pile distortion, wear causing differences in light refraction or some types of carpet fibers have an affinity for oil it will become permanent.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Dave Yoakum said:
Some traffic lanes will never look like the rest of the carpet.

Could be a myriad of causes including: shading and pile distortion, wear causing differences in light refraction or some types of carpet fibers have an affinity for oil it will become permanent.

I think most traffic lane problems are due to poor custy vacuuming combined with wearing of the carpet fibers in a concentrated area. Pre-conditioning the custy prior to cleaning is always smart, along with some pre-spray that packs a punch.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No matter what. If the traffic lanes look bad before you clean, be sure to inform the customer that some traffic lanes will never look as good as the rest of the carpet due to the foot traffic etc.

It's better to let them know BEFORE you start cleaning so it looks like a reason instead of an excuse.

If the Traffic Lane DOES clean up nice....Then you've just become a hero.

Under promise, over deliver....but always be honest about your work and do your best to get it as clean as possible.

With all said.....What they said above me is some good info to get the job done right.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
combination of all of the above
CHeck your cleaning solutions, tools and procedures; ensure you are in fact cleaning it.

Recognize wear conditions that are now beyond your ability to restore, educate your customer ahead of time to adjust their expectations.

Don't make their problem yours.

Name
I'm Rick James
Effective communication is important when dealing with traffic areas, really for any potential issues. Carpet and its color just wears out, thats apart of life.

aly007

Hi Dear,
you should try to scrubbing traffic line with chemicals. After scrubbing you wash it & check it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
aly007 said:
Hi Dear,
you should try to scrubbing traffic line with chemicals. After scrubbing you wash it & check it.

Damit mikey, can you please do something about the SEO nerds. There are enough dumb post as it is.

Invest in a 99 cent lighter, learn the burn test Iseeru .
Cheap polyester will never be fully restored. Nylon can usually be restored with some prevac and agitation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom