Carpets clean you're done, now what are you leaving them?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Carpets clean you're done, now what are you leaving them? What's in your client bag?

We leave after a brochure with after care tips & magnet. (it's a little light)

Thinking about doing a little more with it, maybe a custom labeled spotter and handbills for other services like Hardwood Floor Cleaning, Air Ducts, Area Rugs and Upholstery.

What are you leaving?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
If I was also doing water losses I'd ask permission to tag their easily accessible water shutoff valve with a laminated "Flooded?" card with my 24-7 contact info.

Steve

PS Far and away the single best marketing idea I ever came up with was the "Free Lifetime Carpet Spotter" bottle. Why? It has high perceived value plus (unlike most other specialty promo items) is directly related to carpet cleaning. Every time the customer uses the spotter they will think of me. Plus when they ask for another bottle the principle of "reciprocity" comes into play.

My single worst idea? Not patenting/charging a royalty for the above idea! :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steve
I hate that tag idea but I'm thinking why not, it's not like it costs much. So I may trot that sucker out as my own if it works. :winky:

Seriously I've seen Ivan Turners "Got a Leak" tags, do you know of others doing that kind of program and have a image.

I'm working on one now and would like ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
TagPlumbing5-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor

Name
Connor
Thinking about doing a little more with it, maybe a custom labeled spotter/QUOTE]

Huh, you DON'T leave the custom labeled spotter??

Sheesh, Mexican Dick, I figured anybody who was anybody in carpet cleaning left a bottle of company branded spotter.

I am ashamed of you.

Hey Richard

What's included on the care sheet you leave? I'd like to start doing that.

I leave a small bottle of spotter, brochure, magnet and extra business cards.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Oh go ahead comment, it would hard for me to think any less of you than I already do! :p oh come on, I promise I won't tell anyone you clean with your little soap box. ; )

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
holy cow, I haven't seen a Mr.Natural comic in at least 30 years.

Anybody remember the Freak Brothers? Or Fat Freddy's Cat?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
for resi i leave 1 small spotter bottle from Vacaway (8 oz. i think) with our name, logo and phone number on it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Always leave a spotter,magnet, business card. But most important is collecting their email addresses and we send out a text reminder if they want a 6 or 12 month reminder. All this is gold.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Always leave a spotter,magnet, business card. But most important is collecting their email addresses and we send out a text reminder if they want a 6 or 12 month reminder. All this is gold.

for the relatively few resi clients we have, i've never done this. so you just ask them what their email addy is, and then ask if they mind you sending them an email once or twice a year to see how things are looking?

Back
Top Bottom