CASH is KING..!!!!!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
In June of last year....We started to experiance an unusual amount of PRICE SHOPPERS....!!

We are blessed to have a very large customer base...But we still like to close ALL of our calls..
I was considering LOWERING our pricing..? Spinning off a low end company...Considered down sizing....After reflecting BACK on previous recessions ... I called a meeting with ALL
the employees & discussed these options..!

All of my men are payed on commission...! So the thought of them looking at lower ticket's
was NOT very appealing.. I explained that many companies were struggling & would be lowering there prices..That they would PANIC...and eventually fail to generate enough PROFIT
to stay afloat..

We decide to LOWER our minimum charge...But...RAISE our sq.ft. prices...!!! This was very effective allowing us to be close more NEW cleints...! We doubled our IN-HOME estimates..
by offering GUARENTEED WRITTEN estimates..The men understood that there was a possibility that...they would NOT be payed for these estimates..!! The customer was informed
that there was NO obligation the book the JOB.."However...If the estimate was acceptiable
that we like to to the JOB AT THE TIME OF THE ESTIMATE..!!! We have ONLY LOST 3 jobs
since June... :D

BUT......BY FAR....."Our BEST move to beat the recession...Was...CASH DISCOUNT'S.... :shock:
In 30 years..I have NEVER SEEN SO MUCH CASH COMING IN.. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

SOooo..! If you are having a HARD time closing the cleint...OFFER THEM A CASH DISCOUNT.!!!!

Everone is Hoarding CASH in this economy... :wink: ...We offer up to 20% cash discounts...!!!
The response has been UNBELIEVABLE... :) "You could use some CASH...RiGht".... :wink:

PS..You will be suprised...how FAST...the cleint will run to the bank..to SAVE $20.00... :roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ron Werner said:
So for a cash discount, you are handing them a 20
or are you deducting 20 from the bill

Ron,

I am not trying to be arrogant..but our prices are double...of the adverage cleaner in our area..

We also have our prices right on the INVOICE...So we will offer from 10% to 20% off the
entire ticket for cash...!!! For example: a $400.00 ticket can recieve up to an $80.00 discount
for cash...!!!!

The ticket is NOTED.."This is a ONE TIME discount.." To HELP OUT in this economy....!
Our exsisting cleints ...REALLY appreciate the savings... :!: "Everyone understands CASH"

HarpersInvoice.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Daddy said:
Does all of the cash make it back to the office?

It will only... "NOT" ...make it back..."ONCE"... :wink:

I am in contact with the men on EVERY JOB... :!:
1. upon arrival
2. total bid
3. est. time of completion
4. upon completion.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
interesting
So, its a 20% discount offer,if they pay in cash, that one time per client? that year?
or is that something you normally advertise all the time, even for existing clients

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve Lawrence said:
How are cash jobs better for you?

Unless of course you're not claiming the income.

Steve,

In the recent market crash...Americans are keeping larger amounts of cash-on-hand...!
Many americans have lost confidence in the banking system..! After watching their life
savings,401k,& stock values DISSAPEAR overnight..!

Many have re-evaluated & have remembered the POWER of CASH..! "Especially the seniors"
Of course the income must be reported...However, I have made some incrediable equipment
purchases with cash.

Many people will go through life and NEVER hold $10,000.00 cash in their hands. I purchased
a peice of equipment in July of last year for 10k.."His asking price was 15k." Because I had the CASH with me...He took the DEAL.. :D

Having CASH on hand...Gives you incrediable purchasing POWER in this economy...!!!
My son was able to negotiate his rent down $100.00 per month...by paying CASH...
Everything is negotiable with CASH...You just have to ASK... :wink:

TRY coming home from VEGAS...and throwing a $5000.00 check on the bed with your wife...
THEN come home from VEGAS... and throw $5000.00 "CASH" in the bed with your wife..:idea:

"I THINK YOU WILL SEE A COMPLETELY DIFFERANT REACTION..." :wink: :D

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ron Werner said:
interesting
So, its a 20% discount offer,if they pay in cash, that one time per client? that year?
or is that something you normally advertise all the time, even for existing clients

Ron,

I NEVER advertise it.!!!!

It is just a very EFFECTIVE closing tool ....if you feel your price quoted was too HIGH for
the custy.'s budjet... :wink: We offer it ... as a personal jesture to close the sale..
WE DO NOT RUN SPECIAL'S....I feel most specials ARE...BS...

However..will offer discounts..off of our ESTABLISHED PRICING... :!:

FOR EXAMPLE...Standard cleaning is .30 sq.ft. If the carpet is in VERY poor condition
and NEED's the 175 for aggitation.."another .10sf." If the cleint is NOT willing to pay
the .40sf... We will "NOTE THE INVOICE..1 time NC for 175 aggitation.."

After the cleint sees the results...They become LOYAL cleints & are happy to pay the .40
on the next cleaning... :wink: "WE will NOT do a half-assed job.." Our NAME is on every
job...no matter WHAT THE CHARGE WAS... :!:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Harper Wrote
TRY coming home from VEGAS...and throwing a $5000.00 check on the bed with your wife...
THEN come home from VEGAS... and throw $5000.00 "CASH" in the bed with your wife..

"I THINK YOU WILL SEE A COMPLETELY DIFFERANT REACTION.

The reaction would probably be viral considering how dirty nasty that cash is.

But I get the point.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian Robison said:
Harper Wrote
THEN come home from VEGAS... and throw $5000.00 "CASH" in the bed with your wife..

"I THINK YOU WILL SEE A COMPLETELY DIFFERANT REACTION.

The reaction would probably be viral considering how dirty nasty that cash is.

But I get the point.

I can't BLAME Her...Just the thought of "sErVicEinG yOu"...is VIRAL @ any PRICE... :p

Jen ... "HAS TENIOR"....Might I suggest ...AT LEAST $20K...CASH.... :mrgreen:

PS..Feel "FREE" to foward all of the dirty-nasty CASH...to my office...
"I will be HAPPY to CLEAN IT FOR YOU.." :wink:
However we canNOT ...be responsibile for any.........................ScHrInKaGe"..... :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I understand what Harpo is saying about cash being King...esp from the custy's point of view.
But I gotta tell ya
There is nothing like watching those 0"s accumulate in your checking account. You can only have so much cash but you can have an endless amounts of zero's on your computer screen.

If the banks fail, cash won't mean a damn thing either.

Ryan

Brian Robison said:
If the banks fail, cash won't mean a damn thing either.

Agreed, my ever growing stock pile of 7.62 x 39's will come in handy though !gotcha! :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Warren Wallace said:
Hey Harp do you claim the cash the same as a check?

I report ALL income...dOn'T yOu.. :shock:

I am SURE the "IRS"...would fRoWn uPoN un-reported INCOME.... :roll: :p :wink: :mrgreen:

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
HARPER said:
I NEVER advertise it.!!!!

Because that would make you libel for discrimination? Don't you know this is America?.. you can't discriminate against people who don't have cash and can only live on their credit cards? :)

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Harp,

If your guys are paid commission, doesn't this hurts them...or do you pay them commission on the pre-discounted price.

For ex: your tech gets 20%, he does a $400 job ($80 in his pocket) but if he gives them 20% off and bill is now $320...now he gets $64.00, he just lost $16 on that job.

How is that good for the techs? Same exact work performed, only less money in his pocket.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
royalkid said:
Harp,

If your guys are paid commission, doesn't this hurts them...or do you pay them commission on the pre-discounted price.

For ex: your tech gets 20%, he does a $400 job ($80 in his pocket) but if he gives them 20% off and bill is now $320...now he gets $64.00, he just lost $16 on that job.

How is that good for the techs? Same exact work performed, only less money in his pocket.

Peter..

My guys are very SAVEY...my lowest paid tech makes 25%...

But they can also..do the math..THAT...25% of the discounted price.... :D
Is a LOT better than 25% of NOTHING.... :cry:

One thing to remember is the TECH is actually the ONE ...giving the discount... :eek:

I approve a 10% discount on any CASH job...Over 10%..must be approved... :!:

My techs ...LOVE the dicount as a closing tool... :D
It might even be possible....that they could get paid in CASH on those jobs... :shock:

Happy New Year...Peter.. :!:

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Harp, 25% for lowest tech is good. When I was a tech i got 30% and we started guys at 20%, high by some standards...but you get what you pay for.

I do agree, 25% of something is better than 25% off nothing...but why do you not pay techs for their time on estimates...even if they don't "close" and get the job. Whenever we did estimates we were paid for 1 hour ($15.00). Sometimes they took less, some took longer...but it all averaged out, and that seemed like a fair/reasonable rate. But i don't think its reasonable to have an employee go give an estimate and not be paid for their time (if job doesn't book). Just my .2

Happy New Year :mrgreen: somewhat amus !gotcha! !dork! shiteatinggrin :D :x :lol: 8) :p :oops: There, now were even.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
royalkid said:
Harp, 25% for lowest tech is good. When I was a tech i got 30% and we started guys at 20%, high by some standards...but you get what you pay for.

I do agree, 25% of something is better than 25% off nothing...but why do you not pay techs for their time on estimates...even if they don't "close" and get the job. Whenever we did estimates we were paid for 1 hour ($15.00). Sometimes they took less, some took longer...but it all averaged out, and that seemed like a fair/reasonable rate. But i don't think its reasonable to have an employee go give an estimate and not be paid for their time (if job doesn't book). Just my .2

Happy New Year :mrgreen: somewhat amus !gotcha! !dork! shiteatinggrin :D :x :lol: 8) :p :oops: There, now were even.

Here is a couple of reasons.....

1st..you are right..YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....

I supply the tech...with an hourly labor @ companies expense...
The tech's are on a GUARENTEED draw...and BONUSED there % accordingly...
You.."EAT WHAT YOU KILL"...in my company....If you can't cover your DRAW..you pull hoses..

The reason for the DRAW...is to allow these men to PAY there personal bills "ON TIME"..!
I have NOT hired a NEW employee in 4 years..."They like the system"
I actually let them choose how they want there pay dispersed... :shock:
The older guys like a steady FLOW of income..
The single guys...don't mind $500.00 one week & a $1000.00 the next.... :roll:

Everyone here are good freinds..&..we have alot of FUN.."Happy people are productive people.."

A lot of days...we will run 3 on a truck..& they SPLIT there commissions...!!!

Name
Steve Lawrence
HARPER said:
Steve Lawrence said:
How are cash jobs better for you?

Unless of course you're not claiming the income.

Steve,

In the recent market crash...Americans are keeping larger amounts of cash-on-hand...!
Many americans have lost confidence in the banking system..! After watching their life
savings,401k,& stock values DISSAPEAR overnight..!

Many have re-evaluated & have remembered the POWER of CASH..! "Especially the seniors"
Of course the income must be reported...However, I have made some incrediable equipment
purchases with cash.

Many people will go through life and NEVER hold $10,000.00 cash in their hands. I purchased
a peice of equipment in July of last year for 10k.."His asking price was 15k." Because I had the CASH with me...He took the DEAL.. :D

Having CASH on hand...Gives you incrediable purchasing POWER in this economy...!!!
My son was able to negotiate his rent down $100.00 per month...by paying CASH...
Everything is negotiable with CASH...You just have to ASK... :wink:

THEN come home from VEGAS... and throw $5000.00 "CASH" in the bed with your wife..:idea:

"I THINK YOU WILL SEE A COMPLETELY DIFFERANT REACTION..." :wink: :D

You could just as easily turn a check into cash at your bank and go get all your incredible "deals" without having your customers pay you in cash in the first place.

(BTW, your invoice printout looks really goofy. You charge .30 per sq. ft. for carpet cleaning no matter the size, condition, frequency and amount of furniture moving involved? Plus, you can't itemize each area with that form.)

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Your using it for a closing tool for your present client base who is asking for a discount? Nothing wrong with that. Your just giving your techs another thing in the tool box to close a sale and the client feels they got a discount. The only possible bad thing is some will look for a discount later also. But when your busy or times are better then less discounts. :wink:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
You could just as easily turn a check into cash at your bank and go get all your incredible "deals" without having your customers pay you in cash in the first place.

(BTW, your invoice printout looks really goofy. You charge .30 per sq. ft. for carpet cleaning no matter the size, condition, frequency and amount of furniture moving involved? Plus, you can't itemize each area with that form.)[/quote]

Steve,

I don't know where you bank..But my bank will NOT allow you to cash a company check..!
It must be deposited..Then cash can be drawn on the accnt.!!

Thanks for the "GooFY"...comment on the invoice.. :roll:

The invoice has the prices on it..to insure the cleint that one customer is NOT charged a different price than another. Firm pricing also..lets the cleint know that the tech is NOT
just pulling a price out of the air..."Because they are driving Jaguar instead of a VW.."

We do NOT charge to move furniture..! "we don't move beds,electronics,china cabnets, ect.."
The INVOICE..is set-up to give the cleint a SHOPPING LIST..The tech quotes the cleint what
is nessessary to complete the job to acheive the best results....! Then the cleint has an ITEMIZED estimate...to choose the service the want.

If the cleint wishes to know a room by room quote.? It is very easy to compute the sf. of
the area..&..quote. The GooFy invoice...has an area that describes the room or area (TA)..
that is being serviced..!

Every cleint is INFORMED..that we have a minimum charge of $99.00..(WAS $129.00)..!

So if the job is only 100sf.....We are cleaning @.99sf... :wink:

Standard cleaning is .30sf (NO GIMMICKS)
.10sf (rx 20 or 175 or drimaster)
.10sf (urine treatment) $25.00 min.
.05sf (berber)
.15sf (Teflon)

Total .70sf (we adverage .45sf)

I am NOT suggesting that anyone CONVERT their business to a TOTAL cash business.. :!:
I was just trying to HELP some of the guys that need another TOOL to close the sale.. :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
There are some obvious service charge savings at the bank by using cash.

Only potential problems with cash that come to mind are -
Theft ( Tech loses the cash or is robbed )
Counterfeit dollars.

But I do agree that cash is and will continue to be king.
Canadian or Australian cash ( commodity based currencies ) will hold their value far better the greenbacks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom