Cat 3CP Problems

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Just noticed my Cat 3CP is dripping (solution, not oil), from the bottom. Also, solution hose is vibrating a little.

Do I need a seal kit or check valve kit or both?

Thanks.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If it's leaking from the head you will need a seal kit. The pulsation could be caused from a couple of things depending on what machine you have.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Change the valves too, a few dollars in parts isn't worth having the machine go down or the time to tear the pump down a second time.

You have to remove the valves to get to the seals, so no added time, just a few bucks in parts.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
indyallpro said:
Change the valves too, a few dollars in parts isn't worth having the machine go down or the time to tear the pump down a second time.

You have to remove the valves to get to the seals, so no added time, just a few bucks in parts.

Second that. Take the head off and replace the checkvalves too when you do the seal kit.
I did mine a few months ago and from start to finish I was done in about 15min.

Its nice to have an open layout machine. (Diablo)

Also check for air being sucked into the system through the chemical feed. (Might be pulsating a bit)
One time I had a tiny crack on a small brass piece, that was in the chemical feed line and was causing all kinds of trouble with the my pressure. It was such a small crack that it never actually leaked liquid out but was able to suck in air and screw up the way the pump was supposed to work.

Back
Top Bottom