Cat piss cat pee

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We are using larry cobbs light to identify problem areas and mixing up cti osr pour over areas let soak for a few of minutes(10-15), extract and repeat and least twice.

Just wanting to know if there is something that works better of faster than our process.

Last edited:
Name
Shawn Forsythe
OSR is a good third step, and sometimes works as the second step on really fresh deposits.......But you should also think about removal of the source, too.

Urine that has had a chance to sit a while, changes from a water soluble liquid, to a dried on deposit with water insoluble salts that are well not removed with OSR. You may remove the stain, but the odor is likely to return, and eventually spotting, will return too. You should think about an extraction using a good urine pretreat designed to solublize the accumulated source material. Then proceed to treating residual staining and deodorizing the trace remainder, to acheive a complete treatment.

Urine, like smoke and water damage, has to be assessed for the amount of treatment that is required. The solution ranges from simple to complex, depending on factors such as severity, quantity, scope and time since the incident that caused the problem.

Last edited:
Name
Shawn Forsythe
What products do you recommend Shawn and what would be your system for complete removal?

I have to be really careful, as in my professional position my company represents many good brands. I'll ask that I leave particular brand names to the end users who may post on this thread.

Generally though, the urine pretreatment products are usually pretty clear in that they indicate they are an acid side pretreatment, specifically for urine. Common names include "urine pre-treatment", "Urine Prespray", "UPS" or "UPT".

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I just bought a case of Cobb's UPT and I am almost out. I was very impress by its performance, it leaves a nice scent also. I will be ordering in 5 gal containers from now on. You beat me to the tread, I was going to start one on how well his product works.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Luis, is that the one that says dissolves urine salts? We had some of that from Cobb but don't remember using it...its been a while.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Another option is to pretreat with Bridgepoint's TCU Neutralizer which works on both the salts and the lipids, flush and then follow with PetZONE with Hydrocide. It should not need a second application.

steve_64

i just got the hydro force 3x3w light. for cat pee i really like molecular modifier. i inject it into the pad really soaking it. sometimes i treat and come back later to clean other times i clean right away, depending on the situation.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I use aqueous Hydrogen Peroxide which seems effective at removal of all components.

Irrigate - extract - irrigate with treatment (peroxide + odour counteractant) - dwell - extract.

Grant

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We use the yellow bottle.. urine pet treatment used above. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time with cat urine and we have to go re spray a few days later. Dog urine, is never a problem. Kills that smell right away.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Strong oxidizers flooded on carpet and pad has been the most effective for us

if that doesn't get it, the carpet and pad needs to go....period

..L.T.A.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I have heard that pet zone is stronger than osr. Both have worked for me.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
don't really like to leave behind a smell

urine pretreat, suck it all out and rinse till product smell is gone. leave behind bac out if needed

not a fan of OSR

hogjowl

Idiot™
Judson quat and dd for me

We live in different worlds, I suppose.

Quats, yes even Judson's, have never offered any long term reduction in urine odors here in my world.

Neither have any of the oxygen products, although they do work better than quats.

I've never seen, much less used, any of the UPT products, but as soon as I saw Shawn's post, I called TCS and ordered a case of Prosource UPT.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: KevinL

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had one last week that a cat pissed in the same corner for quite some time(years), but it was just a small area 15"X15" so I pulled out the pad sealed the floor, soaked the carpet in odorcide twice, cleaned the top and bottom of the carpet... Still smelled like cat piss! I think next time I am going with something like OSR or some kind or oxidizer..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I had one last week that a cat pissed in the same corner for quite some time(years), but it was just a small area 15"X15" so I pulled out the pad sealed the floor, soaked the carpet in odorcide twice, cleaned the top and bottom of the carpet... Still smelled like cat piss! I think next time I am going with something like OSR or some kind or oxidizer..

Or a new piece of carpet...

When its that damaged, I usually recommend NOT cleaning. I tell them that it would be about the same price to replace it.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have been using U Turn that I got at mf10. Works good. Soak the area wait 15 minutes extract and clean. Odorcide is the magic bullet. Not cheap but it works on any odor at 8oz a gallon. I like using a watering can with the shower head for plants. Quats a lot work well too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom