Cat piss cat pee

Able 1

Name
Keith
Or a new piece of carpet...

When its that damaged, I usually recommend NOT cleaning. I tell them that it would be about the same price to replace it.
Carpet was 20 years old not a square to spare..

I usually tell people how it is, but 1 square foot I thought I could tackle. . I got whipped on this one! !

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have a redo today (of course can only get in at 5 pm...blah, blah, blah....)

Told the clients (with 4 cocker spaniels and 1 lab) that there is no way any regular carpet cleaning is going to get all this out and recommend replacing the 18 year old modular home carpet on top of particle board.

Well...she shook her head up and down indicting they understood and we proceeded with topical treatments and cleaning.

She WAS NOT concerned about the odor but more about stains :eekk:

Well, got the call late Thursday night as they were blotting up Dog piss with a paper towel :eekk::hopeless: They said some dirt still came out.

Told them I am sure there is soils in the pad and below due to the age of the carpet....but really....not concerned that we just got done cleaning the carpet a week ago and the dogs are pissing all over the place!

The husband called this time and indicated they were concerned about the cleaning. Would like us there Saturday morning because they are always babysitting the grandkids....

Well, we were not available, so we are going in today (Monday) after the grandkids leave at 5 pm to REDO the carpets and try to make them shake their heads in understanding that constant dog whiz on the carpets is going to cause problems! :dejection:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a no win situation, they piss and moan about the cost of doing what is really needed but are bothered when the shortcut that was within their budget wasn't effective.

The only ones that I don't mind are new pet owners who's pets had an accident before it becomes an overall condition. Isolated spots are much easier than overall conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
for really bad pet urine spots,

1. rinse with acid (fab set)
2. mix pet zone with hydrocide
3. pour pet zone onto carpet
4. dwell 10-15 min
5. use flash extractor to put excess solution out
6. use open end qc and flash extractor to flush the carpet (because its clear and you can see the urine spots)
7. while prepping other areas let flash extractor pull on the worst spots to pull extra moisture out of the carpet
8. prespray with whatever ps your using.
9. extract using acid rinse
10. post spray heavily with, bio-modifier extreme

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I wonder if Moonshine would remove a stain or possibly a smell?

Clear of course :)

Had a Home Owner that we worked for the renters wanna talk to me today.

About the Chemical/Urine Smell in the house.... She did state that the Carpets LOOKED Beautiful!
But in her words ( and I acknowledged) jus oh gawd the dog smell.

So I explained that there was a Metric Ton of Both Applied in this particular case : )
And Carpet cleaning alone will not remove the smell from an over saturated structure

Asked her specific Questions as to What? Where? etc....
I told her that I could come out and Deodorize Again, But to be honest. Replacing the Downstairs would be the right thing to do.

Nasty Nappy Old Dark Green 1970's Disco looking rug anyhow, I didn't say that part.

She continually thanked me for being honest and not "gouging her" as she put it.

Sheeewie am I glad I dodged that one!!!

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence

No good deed goes unpunished.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just got in about an hour ago from this redo.

The husband was the one doing the complaining, but of course he was not home.

Went looking for the areas of concern with his wife saying not sure what he is talking about :eekk:

She though was fine, but maybe something from the kitchen transition to the linoleum....took out the flashlight on the phone....and we are looking at a shadow :oldrolleyes:

In the other living room are 5 new fresh piss spots....good grief.....

So, I redo the entire center of the living room, take out the piss and educate her that no matter how much Bounty paper towels advertise....that is not going to take up the pint to quart of whizz left by the pups!

Take care of everything and tell her to let me know if still a concern that needs addressing....and went home to take a shower!

Just a moment of "please hold my hand some more" since my dogs will not behave :lol:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We used Cobbs high powered blacklight than treated w/ Cobbs Odor Attack on a carpet that the cat peed in, mixed it up hot, 20 mins dwell, water clawed, small area, maybe 2x8 give or take.

Cleaned the carpet w/ Cobbs Stain Resist, re-protected the area, placed airpath on it.

For you guys that still use a flash extractor, do yourself favor and get the large original water claw, it's a world of difference, and totally worth the cost, especially when you're doing these subsurface extractions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom