Centrifuge "Mechanic's Special"

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron I remember meeting you at a CFI meeting at Appleby's rug plant in Alameda.

If memory serves, you traveled there with Dusty. I'll assume brought you down to show you the capabilities of Joe's wringer (which worked just fine )

So let me get this straight, you then bought one of his machines for 30g's or so, it didn't work right from day one and here it is two and half years later and you still have not been made happy?

I know Clark can be forgetful but this sound like science fiction.

Clark and Dusty both are regulars here and I will have to assume they will be responding quickly to your claims.

Ron K

I put down a sizable deposit 12/06 remainder 1/07.... lets say it was more than 30% total we were very serious about this. And as I said in an earlier post we built and designed our new work shop around this centrifuge As of today we have a non working machine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
welp, since this has gone public and all involved read and post here.....

how 'bout it, Dusty and/or Clark...care to share your side of the story?

according to Ron, he paid a bundle of dough (over $30,000) for a POS that never worked right from jump street.

* Collection tray leaks water at welding seams.
* Oi/grease leaks from the front of the machine.
* Oil collects in the interior cylinder where rug spins, contaminating the rug in the cylinder.
* Cylinder overheats.
* Control box is missing wire nuts and contains exposed wires.
* Machine issues an electrical shock when touched if operator is in contact with any form of moisture,

I especially like this part;

"Machine issues an electrical shock when touched if operator is in contact with any form of moisture"

:shock: :shock: :shock:

..L.T.A.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Man, I really hoped it wouldn’t come to this but I’ve know about this from the start and for the most part kept my mouth shut

basically, what Ron’s saying is true.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
How can this have been allowed to fester for this length of time? If true, Ron has been a patient man - if I dropped that kind of money with those kinds of results I'd have gone to personally see people by now, with less than friendly intentions. I know Dusty has been very busy with important family matters, but somebody needs to address this front and center. At this point I'd be extremely hesitant to invest in any of the machines in this line.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Jeff,

Ron’s a good guy generally not the kind of person that likes to make waves. He reached the end of his rope when they sold the centrifuge to the guy in Indian while he’s been sitting on a non working centrifuge for nearly a year and then telling him his machine isn’t done yet! now he wants to sell and be done with the whole thing

DavidVB

For whatever it's worth, the guy form Indiana (me) bought his centrifuge directly from Clark.

I went down to Clark's in June to see the unit and to pick up some other items. The centrifuge I saw him working on was not the one I have, so I know he was building more than one at a time. My unit also doesn't have some of the features available so not needing to get those right may be part of why mine was ready sooner also.

I feel bad for Ron. I've bought equipment that I had chronic problems with and it is a real pain.

When was that unit actually delivered? Ron says he put money on it it January 07 and it has 2 hours on it. Randy says it has been non working for about a year. What is the story for the 20 or so months in between? I know I started talking with Clark about a centrifuge almost a year ago. It took him that long to design and build a unit he was satisfied with. Is that part of the reason for the delay?

I've dealt with Clark for years and have found him to be one of the best suppliers I have ever dealt with when it comes to standing behind what he makes. I hope this gets resolved.

Mikey P

Administrator
Just off the phone with Clark.

His side of the story.. (His lawyer is suggesting he stay off the boards at this point)

-Clark had the machine running for over 30 hours at his plant for demonstrations w/ no problems
-Ron complained of stiff seals when he took possession of the thing. Clark told him to add once ounce of Mobile Synthetic oil to the grease chamber to loosen it up and Ron added half a gallon thinking more would be better.
-At one point Ron let the machine run unloaded for a hour and a half unloaded in attempts to get it to loosen up but resulted in warping the bearings.
-The electric shock is happening because the power cable was damaged by Ron's movers.
-Clark and Dusty have made all his payments to the lease company so far.
-Ron said the 13 ft machine was a mistake as it does not fit in his building, then changed his mind again last week.

ALWAYS two sides to each and every story..

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
Just off the phone with Clark.

His side of the story.. (His lawyer is suggesting he stay off the boars at this point)

-Clark had the machine running for over 30 hours at his plant for demonstrations w/ no problems
-Ron complained of stiff seals when he took possession of the thing. Clark told him to add once ounce of Mobile Synthetic oil to the grease chamber to loosen it up and Ron added half a gallon thinking more would be better.
-At one point Ron let the machine run unloaded for a hour and a half unloaded in attempts to get it to loosen up but resulted in warping the bearings.
-The electric shock is happening because the power cable was damaged by Ron's movers.
-Clark and Dusty have made all his payments to the lease company so far.
-Ron said the 13 ft machine was a mistake as it does not fit in his building, then changed his mind again last week.

ALWAYS two sides to each and every story..

Gee, if the issues with the centrifuge are Ron's fault you would thnk they wouldn't making the lease payment for him which the have been doing since january?

Dusty told me personally the chinese bearing/ seal used was the the wrong type for the aplication.

they agreed to replace the centrifuge at no cost to Ron ...why if the problems are all Ron's fault?

part of ron's beef is replacing the 13 Ft macine with a 10 ft machine at the same cost he's been anoyed with since i've know about it

clark hasn't looked at this thing since ron took deliver

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think as usual these are issues not to be posted in the public eye. Take it to court for Christs' sake.

Jimbo

"His lawyer is suggesting he stay off the boars at this point)"

Most states have LAWS against that!

Mikey P

Administrator
Having talked Clark and Ron again today I'm decided to stay the hell out of it and let them work this out off the boards as I don't know who to believe.

Both sound stories very convincing.

and all we can do is speculate...

When and if the truth come out and it becomes plain that one of these dudes was lying to my face, some one is going to get the MBoot up their ass.

Greenie

I don't know who is in the wrong here, but let me say, $30,000 in a sale is not worth $300,000 in bad press or damage to one's Reputation.

David makes a good point, me (and the bottle of merlot last night) weren't contributing anything positive to this thread, so I just deleted my comments. May they come to a reasonable and equitable agreement.

DavidVB

Get out your salt shakers.

I agree with Mike. Why sit out here and judge this deal? Why conclude that someone is a lying scoundrel. Is it possible that Clark and Dusty delivered a machine that had problems? Is it possible that Ron made the problems worse? If such occurred, is it possible that in spite of that, Clark and Dusty agreed to replace the unit and make the lease payments until then? Who really knows, but if something like that is the case, I don't see anything sinister in anyone. Giving the benefit of the doubt to people doesn't sell many newspapers though.

Ron took delivery of this unit in late September 2008. That is right around when I started talking to Clark about a centrifuge. I expected to have my centrifuge around the first of the year. I'm assuming that Ron probably expected a replacement within a few months also.

Clark worked for months to solve the big bearing issues. He was also slowed down by people not paying their bills. Plus he builds these units personally while handling phone calls and everything else. I think a lot of us can relate to those problems. End result, the new design was not finished until July.

I can understand Ron's patience being put to the test. Clark posted in early July that he was buying a new truck and heading to Ron's in 2 or 3 weeks. At that time, Ron called me to ask about my unit. He wasn't sure he was even going to take the replacement and that his lawyer was handling it now.

What all is going on currently? I have no idea, but when things get nasty and people start lawyering up, everything changes. Why not just let these men finish their business? Why share in damaging someone's reputation when we can't possibly know the whole story either way?

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron,

Bud, I respect you for the way you've handle this. I believe your story.

I also believe Clark's because no one is stupid enough to lie on MB and hope to get away with it.

and I also believe that I am going to stay the hell out of this.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Davidvb said
Clark worked for months to solve the big bearing issues. He was also slowed down by people not paying their bills. Plus he builds these units personally while handling phone calls and everything else. I think a lot of us can relate to those problems. End result, the new design was not finished until July.

whos problem is that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom