CentrumForce class experience

FredC

Village Idiot
If they remove moisture from the air, rugs will dry faster as the ambient air is drier. Things in drier, warmer air tend to dry faster.
What is the fastest way to remove the moisture from the air?

Otherwise, it would be a waste of time installing dehumidifiers on flood jobs.

In some cases it may be

s500.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
Air movement of course. BUT, for a small potatoes operation like mine, Ron’s, or something Damon is setting up, a dedicated dry room with mega heat, fans, and a pulley rack is bloody expensive.
If a guy is only doing 5-10 rugs a week, what’s the overall cost to run the dry room with forced air heat, fans, and lights? Don’t forget, the goal is to have the room between 100-120F.... that’s not cheap.... what’s he making off of the 5-10 rugs?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

In some cases it may be

View attachment 94002
I am aware of the difference between indoor and outdoor humidity. That's why we take readings in both in order to determine open or closed drying on water damage jobs. If I was in Phoenix or Vegas, I would just open the windows and turn on the fans. I can get my rh down to 25% indoors in my shop by using dehumidifiers. That's a lot drier than the humidity outside today. 55%

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Air movement of course. BUT, for a small potatoes operation like mine, Ron’s, or something Damon is setting up, a dedicated dry room with mega heat, fans, and a pulley rack is bloody expensive.
If a guy is only doing 5-10 rugs a week, what’s the overall cost to run the dry room with forced air heat, fans, and lights? Don’t forget, the goal is to have the room between 100-120F.... that’s not cheap.... what’s he making off of the 5-10 rugs?
use an LGR or dessicant dehu they dont need temps that high

Reactions: Papa John

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Hey! Nice pics Damon! Glad you met some good people.

Now back to the thread derailment.

If they remove moisture from the air, rugs will dry faster as the ambient air is drier. Things in drier, warmer air tend to dry faster.
True, but why waste electricity trying to slowly freeze/thaw moisture from the air when you can spend less money and time to heat the incoming air and expel the moist air?

When quoting Dri-Eaz, I'm referring their study, using our dry room, that proved there was no case for dehumidification for drying rugs. i wasn't privvy to the data, but the testing ran for a month and involved a lot of sensors and laptops, so I think they were serious, and they were hoping to sell dehumidifiers for the purpose.

Otherwise, it would be a waste of time installing dehumidifiers on flood jobs.
Large furnaces on trailers have been around for a while for use on larger jobs, and even dehu makers are selling portable gas and electric furnaces for flood work. The fastest and cheapest way to dry a structure, you just have to remove items that would be damaged by the higher temps.

The industry turns slowly, but dehus on flood jobs still do what they're supposed to: dry at room temperatures using a safe and easily portable format and that the insurance industry will still pay well to rent.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Because I already own some dehumidifiers and can't/don't want to modify the building I'm renting. If I am in a rush to dry rugs, I turn on the dehumidifier, otherwise I let them dry at room temperature. With dehumidifier, I can dry most rugs in 24 hours or less. Without, more like to 36-48 hours, depending on the rug. Keep in mind that the total sqft is 1100 with 10 ft ceilings. 2-lgrs will reduce the humidity to 25-28% in a relatively short time.

Reactions: The Great Oz

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
What works for you works. 👍

If you decide want or need faster drying as a smaller shop, it might be worth looking at a small electric furnace like the one Phoenix sells. You could use it for flood work as well. A larger step would be a gas powered portable like the Dri-Eaz 3600 that could also be used on-location.

If you get to a larger volume, Tom is the outlet for the in-plant Cambridge heaters, but those require a gas line with a slightly higher than normal gas pressure to run.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What works for you works. 👍

If you decide want or need faster drying as a smaller shop, it might be worth looking at a small electric furnace like the one Phoenix sells. You could use it for flood work as well. A larger step would be a gas powered portable like the Dri-Eaz 3600 that could also be used on-location.

If you get to a larger volume, Tom is the outlet for the in-plant Cambridge heaters, but those require a gas line with a slightly higher than normal gas pressure to run.
I've seen the Cambridge unit. If I owned my shop and wanted to expand, I would consider it. Makes perfect sense. I'm still a rug hack at best.

Reactions: T Monahan

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've seen the Cambridge unit. If I owned my shop and wanted to expand, I would consider it. Makes perfect sense. I'm still a rug hack at best.
What's the deal with the Cambridge units? I keep hearing people mention it. It's just a heating unit, nothing special about that. Or is it special? Or are we just all dumb carpet cleaners?

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What's the deal with the Cambridge units? I keep hearing people mention it. It's just a heating unit, nothing special about that. Or is it special? Or are we just all dumb carpet cleaners?
It's the combination of heat and ventilation. It provides a continuous supply of warm dry air while exhausting the moist air outside.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So it acts as a Dehu at the same time?
Only in the sense that it removes moist air and replaces it with warm dry air. You have exhaust fans in the dry room pulling out the moist air while the heater is filling it with warm dry air. It's not just a heater, it's an airflow system as well. You end up with continuous warm air circulating around the rugs. They have lots of videos and diagrams on their site and YouTube. They claim that it reduces drying times to aprox 6 hours.

Name
Jeff T
Just throw the 870 in that thing, and you and Macy could travel the country and make money....
Who knows, maybe you’ll become a trend setter...

• Haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom