CGD Question

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I'm sure it's been asked and answered a thousand times. I'll ask anew anyway.
I cleaned this stuff but the stains wicked up again.

What to do?

IMG_20160223_141003.jpg

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I don't own a 175, but I do have a RV 360XL and a full size T-Rex that I could use pads with. I imagine either one of those should be heavy enough?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I don't own a 175, but I do have a RV 360XL and a full size T-Rex that I could use pads with. I imagine either one of those should be heavy enough?

Like Richard said, a little encap and a pad you should be good to go. Also, an acid or low ph rinse can help(at times) keep this from happening.

encap or bring fans.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
As mentioned above... You NEED to encap it! This is where encap shines.
A quality "crystallizing" encap product can totally take care of the problem for you!
Low moisture cleaning with a good encap process will make a believer out of you on CGD.

Or you can do like Marty said and "go sit in the corner". ;)

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Does it go away when you clean and wick back? If so spray it with a good Encap solution and bonnet it off with either of your machines.
I have an Interlink supplier within driving distance and Jon Don with next day delivery. Is there an Encap solution from either one of those that you'd recommend?

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
As mentioned above... You NEED to encap it! This is where encap shines.
A quality "crystallizing" encap product can totally take care of the problem for you!
Low moisture cleaning with a good encap process will make a believer out of you on CGD.

Or you can do like Marty said and "go sit in the corner". ;)
List here what you would sell me.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
You can try the Bridgepoint product, it's better than JD's house brand. (I'm biased - Releasit is better than either) But since time seems to be the factor - you may need to settle in order to get this job done.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
List here what you would sell me.

One gallon of Encap-Clean DS2 will clean 9900 sq ft. You could use that with your 360XL with a FiberPlus pad. That machine will be a little bit light, but it can work. Spray the carpet directly in front of the machine and scrub immediately. Allowing too much dwell time on the carpet will significantly compromise the performance - shower-feeding or using an onboard spray system is the most efficient method to deliver the detergent to the carpet.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
One gallon of Encap-Clean DS2 will clean 9900 sq ft. You could use that with your 360XL with a FiberPlus pad. That machine will be a little bit light, but it can work. Spray the carpet directly in front of the machine and scrub immediately. Allowing too much dwell time on the carpet will significantly compromise the performance - shower-feeding or using an onboard spray system is the most efficient method to deliver the detergent to the carpet.

That would be the simplest and most direct way to get your feet into encapping. Start out simple. A more robust encap machine will serve you well if you intend to service CGD. But for today's issue, try to use what you have at your disposal.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
That would be the simplest and most direct way to get your feet into encapping. Start out simple. A more robust encap machine will serve you well if you intend to service CGD. But for today's issue, try to use what you have at your disposal.
Okay. Thanks for your help. In the mean time, would you mind putting together a package for me of what you'd recommend long term?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The Cimex is the bomb for serious commercial work. A Vario machine or a BrushEncap would make a modest entry into encapping. A lot of guys are really liking the Vario. It can be used on commercial carpet and even some for residential. The advantage is that the Vario pulls soil into the bonnets, in addition to encapping. The BrushEncap is a nice option too, since it can also be used for dry soil recovery and pile lifting. Everyone has a different approach to where they want to take their business. If you'd like to give me a call I can talk with you to see what would be the best fit for YOU - 727-821-2020 ext 209 or you can PM me to let me know the best way to contact you.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
I think and hope Rick means to use the available pad driver with a cotton or aggressive MicroFiber bonnet under the RVXL.

Just the vacuum shoes to scrub isn't going to do squat.

Get a good 1.5 horse/90 pound 175 rpm Swing Machine..

So many uses it's a must have no brainer.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Yes, I was thinking he had a pad driver for the 360. Like I said above, the 360 is a little on the light side for encapping. But it could work in a pinch. I agree with you Mike, a 175 would be a much better alternative.

Reactions: Mikey P

Bryan Thomson

Supportive Member
Name
Bryan Thomson
Encapsulate with a CRB or low speed floor machine.....some of the encapsulate solutions can leave a sticky residues because they are "tea tree oil base" better to use a hydrogen peroxide base with a polymer to Crystalize soil to "encapsulate" soul for vacuum removal.
I have used Chemspec "Roto Bright II" hydrogen peroxide base with polymer no sticky residues. Will remove help prevent
Wicking and browning also removes coffee stains

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
You can solve the problem without any additional machines. Clean the problem area flushing throughly. Most wicking is caused in my opinion from not properly flushing. It takes more water to get something clean than most people think. spray the area with an encap. Use the zebra brush to agitate the area or a small scrub brush. The zebra brush is a stand up brush you can get from Rick. vacuum with the zipper until no more moisture comes out. Ive used this same technique all the time. Case in point, 32 oz Coke spilled under a rolling desk chair. A week later I cleaned it and it has never come back. I cleaned the office 3 or 4 times since and it's perfect. I do believe you should get a vario when you can afford it. It will open up additional doors for you.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Thanks, Goomer (and everyone else).

Is owning a Vario or Cimex and a 175 redundant or is both preferred?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom